• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
So close to my 3rd gold hero.
RepW7Pd.png

Let me share my pride and joy! My 11 year old son finally got the 12 wins!!
I still sucks in Hearthstone...

http://i.imgur.com/EW0wvoNl.jpg[/IM]

The the eighth wonder:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Q7eRQsOl.jpg[/IM]

Can you comment/criticize her [URL="http://i.imgur.com/Q7eRQsO.jpg"]deck[/URL], please? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just saw it now, son...the last card. "Lord of the Arena" Yes you are, son. Yes you are! <3[/QUOTE]

Congrats to your son, that's a solid accomplishment for any age, let alone an 11 year old.

I just hit 12 wins with a Priest (deck listed below):

[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Y2H3Ksb.jpg

Rewards were 415 gold and two packs; the packs were just 8 commons and 2 rares. The deck was awesome though, so much card draw from all the Clerics as they were easily the MVPs. Illidan actually helped out in a couple games too surprisingly.

Line_HTX

I don't know why, but this Senior Game Designer guy brings a smile to my face. Also, these production videos are lol. Dat nose flick.

Those two Ragnaros an hour ago just would not kill each other. Damn RNG.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
best hero power

It's the only reason. So many of the warlock class cards are so bad, and both of the competitive warlock decks could pretty much work in any other class if those other classes had the same hero power.

Finally bought and beat Nax and got all the cards. It's crazy the advantage these cheap pieces of shit give you in games. Jumped leagues in ranking.

It's the only reason. So many of the warlock class cards are so bad, and both of the competitive warlock decks could pretty much work in any other class if those other classes had the same hero power.

having two of the best 1 drops in the game helps with zoo. and soulfire is pretty great.

but yeah, warlock only gets more powerful as they release more cards. and basically anything you can do that would be good against zoo would just be better in zoo.

I think warlock hero power is overrated. Their strength as an aggro deck can be attributed to having great 1 drops. Flame imp, voidwalker, undertaker... all great turn 1 drops.

Handlock does benefit from having hero power and it makes it much more consistent than decks that run giants, but I think its real strength comes from the versatility of their spells like shadowflame, soulfire, hellfire, and siphon soul. A lot of these cards allow the deck to be played aggressively and still have one of the best late game cards which is jaraxxus.

People say warlock class cards are weak, sometimes just the minions because the spells are clearly crazy strong. But I'd argue that they also have strong minions and the hero power is just overrated.

yeah doomguard is good too, obviously. but that's still just 4 cards. which is typically all zoo really runs. sometimes there's mortal coil or hellfire depending on the meta.

and it's the hero power that makes it work. you empty your hand by turn 5, play doomguard with no downside and then draw 2 cards per turn for the rest of the game.

caesar

Banned
yeah doomguard is good too, obviously. but that's still just 4 cards. which is typically all zoo really runs. sometimes there's mortal coil or hellfire depending on the meta.

and it's the hero power that makes it work. you empty your hand by turn 5, play doomguard with no downside and then draw 2 cards per turn for the rest of the game.

yeh you know you're screwed if they play doomguard for free

I made a new rogue deck today. I am pretty happy with how it is performing so far on ladder. I only lost to a handlock but I feel like that was more of an oddity, although I don't think I am favored by much, if at all either way.

Middle_Master.png

This deck is tooled to overcome an aggro heavy meta. Being a midrange deck, it is very flexible in that you can grab board using the low curve, with backstab, si7 agent, defias ringleader, echoing ooze or you can play more control like with eviscerate, shiv, fan of knive, backstab, and blade flurry. So vs aggro you have pretty good options, and defender of argus to seal off a win late game (like I just did vs a warlock when I used DOA on ragnaros and an azure drake on turn 9).

Vs control decks you play like an aggro or tempo deck by getting board and making it difficult for them to take back. Defias ringleader, argent squire, and echoing ooze, as well as harvest golem, all synergize really well with cult master. Then you use cold bloods, eviscerate, shiv, deadly poison, and blade flurry + sometimes ragnaros, to deal a lot of damage. Dropping loatheb on a decent board, even early on, is incredibly strong due to cold blood.

An alternate build could include a charge minion to make cold blood usable off an empty board.

You might be tempted to think the deck is too centric around cult master, but azure drake x2, shiv x2 and fan of knives take the load off of that. Plus the deck is just filled with many high value cards. Being capable of putting 4 attack power off 2 mana from defias ringleader is pretty good. But the card is pretty bad midgame, and best used to repopulate a board after a sweeper. And ragnaros does his job. It is the only card above 5 cost, so don't expect to win if you're not ahead in a control match, unless you've somehow baited out a lot of removal.

Still pretty early to tell how robust this deck is, but I feel like it is robust because it doesn't have a hard time getting tempo due to a decent low curve, the ability to snowball and even burst an opponent down due to 2x cold blood. Echoing ooze + doa synergy allows it to make big taunt walls to swing against aggro. Cult master allows for great card draw. Just don't expect to win any fatigue wars.

Guess we will see. I just hope they don't bring back TotalBiscuit.

I am with you on that 1000%.

johnsmith

remember me
Rare misplay by kolento. Can't believe he used a shadow word death on a harrison jones. Should have shield slammed and holy nova.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom