• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
this ben guy is like brad muir's cousin

He looks like Seth Rogen's brother or father

profile.jpg

ben-brode-hearthstone.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think I've chosen Ancient Watcher 3 times as the absolute first pick in Arena now, where I don't see a single fucking taunt-giver or silence-card for the next 29 cards. Blizzard pls.

Its a dumb idea to pick ancient watcher or nerubian egg in arena. I work based on a rule of threes. If you have a card that needs another card to activate it, you should have three activators for it for each copy you have. And you can't guarantee you'll have three activators for those things.

CoolOff

Its a dumb idea to pick ancient watcher or nerubian egg in arena. I work based on a rule of threes. If you have a card that needs another card to activate it, you should have three activators for it for each copy you have. And you can't guarantee you'll have three activators for those things.

When the options are like Grimscale Oracle or something, you pick Ancient as the 1/30.

Well, since it has worked 0/3 times I might have to re-consider.

Nerubian Egg isn't awful without an activator. At the very least it can give you an out when the inevitable Flamestrike hits.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
When the options are like Grimscale Oracle or something, you pick Ancient as the 1/30.

Well, since it has worked 0/3 times I might have to re-consider.

Both of the taunt givers are rares so realistically all you can count on are owls and spellbreakers. I mean you really have to have a bad pick to choose the ancient watcher.

Nerubian Egg isn't awful without an activator. At the very least it can give you an out when the inevitable Flamestrike hits.

True enough I suppose, you could always consider your opponent's potential AOE as 1/2 activators, but you'd still want at least a couple activators of your own before you pick it. Maybe not bottom tier but certainly below average.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Newest level of "don't give a fuck": BM in front of 90,000 people.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What did I miss?

When Tarei (Freeze Mage) had RenieHouR (Shaman) down to 4, he used one Ice Lance on himself before killing RenieHouR with the other Ice Lance, making it look a bit like touch control fail.

Zeroth

When Tarei (Freeze Mage) had RenieHouR (Shaman) down to 4, he used one Ice Lance on himself before killing RenieHouR with the other Ice Lance, making it look a bit like touch control fail.

This is what Forsen/ek0p have contributed to the world: BMs

FeD.nL

While he played really well, he had some really damn good draws.

This mostly, there was almost no version where Reniehour would come out on top during the matches. Tarei just got the right draws. Probably time to put a wailing soul or 2 back into some decks I guess since freeze mage might see some more play on the ladder due to this game.

Line_HTX

Let's go, Taiwan! :p

I hope the rest of the tournament has Ben Brode'ing. At least he makes super long matches watchable.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Xanathus

Seriously the number one way for Priest to win vs Handlock is to burst him down, it feels like he wasn't prepared for that match up.

Line_HTX

Sucks that both Taiwan players were eliminated, but man, FrozenIce is epic! I hope he comes back and wins more. What was it, he's the #1 player in the Asian region? Damn he's insane.

he was afraid to lower lock's health to 10, because next turn you have jaxx + molten out. It seems he wanted to have enough to kill him in one turn.

I'm sad FrozenIce lost, but honestly he shouldn't have made it that far. RunandGun just played very poorly in the 4th and 5th matches, almost certainly due to nerves... otherwise the decks were pretty much designed to outplay Handlock.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
he was afraid to lower lock's health to 10, because next turn you have jaxx + molten out. It seems he wanted to have enough to kill him in one turn.

He was too afraid even in the times where he already delayed too much. At one point I believe he had the warlock at 14, could have hit with the slime to 13 for lethal next turn with holy fire but still didn't attack at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom