• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Curvature of the card name is wrong.

Calling fake.

And who gives a shit about Koltira Deathweaver?

gutshot

Manages to get a screenshot of a new hero. Blurs and crops out everything except for the hero portrait.

Yeah, I'm gonna call fake.

Brought to you from the bnet forums

ZYg0B6V.png

Deathknight?

Could easily be faked though.

off screen at an angle is the hallmark of a fake

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
He disagrees with people thinking tides was the best player on the team is about it. I think people could argue just that.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
i'd argue gaara is better.

kitkatz would be better if he didn't focus so much energy on warrior.

reynad said as much, and I could see someone argue gaara as well, either way he made it clear that he and tides werent on the best of terms

Canon

Banned
My quests aren't updating (doing arena). I have the "play minions that cost 2 mana" or whatever and I played a ton and nothing is updating.

gutshot

Legendary control warriors be everywhere.

Yeah. I had to give up playing my beloved mid-range druid on ladder because I just couldn't keep up with the flood of legendaries. Even running 3 silences wasn't enough to deal with it all. I could neutralize most of them, but would end up losing on fatigue or my deck would just run out of reach in the late-game.

Had to switch to an aggro hunter deck because the only way to win against all the control warriors is to kill them before turn 6. It sucks because I much prefer playing a mid-range/control type of deck. Aggro decks make me feel dirty. But it's the only viable deck type I have for ladder until I build up a stable of legendaries.

Yeah. I had to give up playing my beloved mid-range druid on ladder because I just couldn't keep up with the flood of legendaries. Even running 3 silences wasn't enough to deal with it all. I could neutralize most of them, but would end up losing on fatigue or my deck would just run out of reach in the late-game.

Had to switch to an aggro hunter deck because the only way to win against all the control warriors is to kill them before turn 6. It sucks because I much prefer playing a mid-range/control type of deck. Aggro decks make me feel dirty. But it's the only viable deck type I have for ladder until I build up a stable of legendaries.

My rogue deck only uses loatheb :D

SteveWD40

I feel like Ramp Druid is letting me down in the current meta, always on the defensive / waiting till I can get a big taunt out just to see it silenced.

Control Priest fairs better but everyone seems to have a variant on the deck so I am never sure which one will serve me best.

I feel like Ramp Druid is letting me down in the current meta, always on the defensive / waiting till I can get a big taunt out just to see it silenced.

Control Priest fairs better but everyone seems to have a variant on the deck so I am never sure which one will serve me best.

That is like how ramp is designed though and the primary reason I don't like it much. Your ideal opener is on turn 3 with a 4 drop or 5 drop depending on whether you get wild growth or coin, and that is really strong. But the times you get neither is very punishing.

So even when you get wild growth on turn 2, you're still often on the defensive already. It is too much tempo cost imo against more aggressive decks. Awesome against slower decks though. Granted, innervate helps out alot as well.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Didn't he kinda transcend being just a death knight when he became the lich king?

Also, maybe arthas is a legendary card.

They could always just do Arthas before he became the Lich King.

Koltira Deathweaver wouldn't even be my second pick for a Death Knight hero, that'd probably be Teron Gorefiend.

SteveWD40

That is like how ramp is designed though and the primary reason I don't like it much. Your ideal opener is on turn 3 with a 4 drop or 5 drop depending on whether you get wild growth or coin, and that is really strong. But the times you get neither is very punishing.

So even when you get wild growth on turn 2, you're still often on the defensive already. It is too much tempo cost imo against more aggressive decks. Awesome against slower decks though. Granted, innervate helps out alot as well.

Hmmm, may have to leave Druid alone for a while, shame as it is the only class I have a hope of gold portrait any time soon.

Any good Druid builds right now? I have access to most of the good neutrals / class cards.

caesar

Banned
Hmmm, may have to leave Druid alone for a while, shame as it is the only class I have a hope of gold portrait any time soon.

Any good Druid builds right now? I have access to most of the good neutrals / class cards.

Try some token/savage roar build.

Fuck handlock is so damn strong right now, been crushing all evening - just destroying zoo and hunters.

Maybe I'm wrong though, cause I don't really play druid much lately. I did just play the rank 7 legend player who happened to be playing druid though. I beat him by a small margin.

edit:
He was playing ramp

The dream is real.

rogue vs priest

Turn 3:
Si7 Agent

Turn 4:
coin azure drake

turn 5:
loatheb

turn 6:
assassin's blade + deadly poison

THE DREAM turn 7:
deadly poison + blade flurry + eviscerate = 18 damage that turn (had 3 on board as well)

Once I started that train, there was no stopping it.

And against a priest who I just lost to. Getting the dream (I held azure drake + loatheb from mulligan purposefully) against a priest who just beat me = lovely.

Haunted

100 new Bomber cards, all RNG based
The Maddest Bomber

Pretty much confirms the new card expansion will be goblin-themed. Maybe with cards like Nozdormu that affect the rope/timer. Lots of possibilities there.

• timer shortens every turn
  • letting the rope run out deals damage
  • invisible rope

etc etc

imBask

Banned
i'm guessing a couple of new time-based mechanics on actual playable minions. Like : 3/3 for 3, limits your opponents turn to 15 sec, if the rope burns out it deals 2 damage

Minsc

Gold Member
100 new Bomber cards, all RNG based

It would be funny if they make a 0/7 bomber with the faerie dragon ability that costs say 2, and text is:

Every 15 seconds deal 1 damage to the active player or the active player's minions. If less than 15 seconds remain in their turn, deal 1 damage to all their units and end their turn instantly.

Nozdormu can weep in a corner (there really needs to be like a 3-mana 1/4 stealth minion with that ability instead of some over-cost late game legendary).

imBask

Banned
I don't even care about the card back, the fact that you're playing Hunter and that you have undertaker/leper gnome on the board mildly infuriates me

And against a priest who I just lost to
That's probably one of the best things in this game, and any match making PvP game really, but beating someone bad who you just lost too, especially if it was because of bad draws.

Of course, just like anything else, it works inversely as well, so it can make you feel really bad.

That's probably one of the best things in this game, and any match making PvP game really, but beating someone bad who you just lost too, especially if it was because of bad draws.

Of course, just like anything else, it works inversely as well, so it can make you feel really bad.

I once played against a Control Warrior with a Freeze Mage deck 3 times in a row. The first game, he beat me badly, I was never even close to winning (terrible match up), but I was able to drag that game out forever. I was in fatigue before he was finally able to finish me off. I queue up the next game, and it's the same guy. He instantly concedes, probably because he doesn't want to sit through another 25 minute game for one win. Queue up the next game, same guy again, and he concedes again. Knocked out 2 of 5 for my mage quest.

Yeah, it appears no news about android phone release date. FML.

I do own a tablet, but its a blackberry tablet. It does have an android emulator, but I am not really counting on that working out. Plus it only has like 1gb of RAM...

Minsc

Gold Member
Yeah, it appears no news about android phone release date. FML.

I do own a tablet, but its a blackberry tablet. It does have an android emulator, but I am not really counting on that working out. Plus it only has like 1gb of RAM...

Can't Android's easily sideload anything though? I doubt there'd be an issue... after all people are running the iPad release of Hearthstone just fine on iPhone 5's (5, not 5S, though 5S obviously would be fine too).

Just download the .apk and install it yourself, until it's officially made for phones, hopefully.

Can't Android's easily sideload anything though? I doubt there'd be an issue... after all people are running the iPad release of Hearthstone just fine on iPhone 5's (5, not 5S, though 5S obviously would be fine too).

Just download the .apk and install it yourself, until it's officially made for phones, hopefully.

I suppose that could be possible. I didn't know you could load a tablet app on a phone though. My phone is a galaxy s4 so I should be capable of running on it at least.

You can thank blizzard nerfing buzzard for that.

That was already a deck being played before buzzard was nerfed, just not widespread.

Minsc

Gold Member
I suppose that could be possible. I didn't know you could load a tablet app on a phone though. My phone is a galaxy s4 so I should be capable of running on it at least.

The iPad app just needs to be edited to be told it's universal (change one line of text), then it can be loaded and run without error on an iPhone (a jailbroken one of course). I'd imagine given Android is so much more open than iOS, a similar thing should be possible with an Android phone, however on Android you have the advantage of being able to load any app without having to jailbreak/root the device.

So maybe it doesn't work simply by downloading and running it, but I'd think a quick search of some forums would give a solution of how to edit the app to load on a many more devices... or maybe this sort of thing is actually harder on Android than iOS, but just pointing out that there's definitely a possibility people will be running it on their Android phones when the tablet one releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom