• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I think I've had a single ETC played against me in all of my Hearthstone career. I'm sure the new promotional card will be another fun yet irrelevant addition. :p

new cards HYPE

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can someone tell me if this game is lagging a lot or if it's some players that are damn slow? It shouldn't take you 1 minute to decide which card to use when you have only 2-3 of them in your hand and I have like 1 card on the deck so you don't have the run a whole bunch of scenarios in your head and it shouldn't take you 30 secs to press the "End Turn" button when you have 0 mana crystals. And it's not like this only happen once in a while, no it's the whole match! Aaarrgh.

Sorry, had to come out.

Volimar

Can someone tell me if this game is lagging a lot or if it's some players that are damn slow? It shouldn't take you 1 minute to decide which card to use when you have only 2-3 of them and I have like 1 card on the deck and it shouldn't take you 30 secs to press the "End Turn" button when you have 0 mana crystals. And it's not like this only happen once in a while, no it's the whole match! Aaarrgh.

Sorry, had to come out.

Many, probably most, players multitask while playing.

Haunted

Can someone tell me if this game is lagging a lot or if it's some players that are damn slow? It shouldn't take you 1 minute to decide which card to use when you have only 2-3 of them in your hand and I have like 1 card on the deck so you don't have the run a whole bunch of scenarios in your head and it shouldn't take you 30 secs to press the "End Turn" button when you have 0 mana crystals. And it's not like this only happen once in a while, no it's the whole match! Aaarrgh.

Sorry, had to come out.
I try to come up with reasons why people take so long when they're not afk. Maybe they're getting coached by someone else and talk through the options. Maybe they want to psyche you out, make you impatient and prone to do more mistakes. Maybe they're streaming and talking their chat/viewers through their thought process. Lots of legit possibilities.

That said, I still say shorten the timer depending on turn number, board and hand complexity with the current baseline of 90 seconds being the absolute maximum, only given when the active players hand is 10 cards or the board has 8+ minions.

Bisnic

I try to come up with reasons why people take so long when they're not afk. Maybe they're getting coached by someone else and talk through the options. Maybe they want to psyche you out, make you impatient and prone to do more mistakes. Maybe they're streaming and talking their chat/viewers through their thought process. Lots of legit possibilities.

That said, I still say shorten the timer depending on turn number, board and hand complexity with the current baseline of 90 seconds being the absolute maximum, only given when the active players hand is 10 cards or the board has 8+ minions.

Yeah, that's what I assume, but i just wish more people were like me, just playing casually, alone, no streaming or anything, no watching youtube videos, just playing cards you know? :p My turns usually last 5-10 secs while theirs is over a minute. :(

Sometimes, I also wish there was a "Hurry up!" emote on my character. But all i can do is threaten them with "Nature will rise against you!" lol

Playing too fast can cause errors. Plus some decks really are much more complicated than other decks. IMO midrange decks are the hardest to play since there are the most options and many different lines of play that are sometimes even chosen from the first turn. I think aggro and control are much more straight forward though.

I generally don't make a move without at least 15-20 seconds passing, just to ensure I don't see something else right after I make a move.

Bisnic

Playing too fast can cause errors. Plus some decks really are much more complicated than other decks. IMO midrange decks are the hardest to play since there are the most options and many different lines of play that are sometimes even chosen from the first turn. I think aggro and control are much more straight forward though.

I generally don't make a move without at least 15-20 seconds passing, just to ensure I don't see something else right after I make a move.

I don't mind waiting when it makes sense to give some thoughts before making any actions. It's when they have 0 mana crystals or only 2 cards in hand that i'm thinking "come ooon, do something! it's been 20-30 secs and your choices are extremely limited!"

Haunted

I don't mind waiting when it makes sense to give some thoughts before making any actions. It's when they have 0 mana crystals or only 2 cards in hand that i'm thinking "come ooon, do something! it's been 20-30 secs and your choices are extremely limited!"
Honestly, since you can't influence them anyway, the best thing to do is to plan out your next turn. If you're done with that, open another window, browse GAF, watch a video... just multitask.

gutshot

For those not watching the stream, new expansion pack was announced: Goblins vs. Gnomes. 120 new cards, coming in December.

BGyP1AGl.jpg

They only showed two new cards and only one of them did I actually see the stats for.

Annoy-O-Tron
2 mana, 1/2, Taunt, Divine Shield

More cards to be announced during the Fireside Chat later today. Plus the game is playable at Blizzcon, so we should get to see most, if not all, the new cards this weekend.

Haunted

Really want to see how much I need to save up to get my hands on these new cards or if they'll just get introduced into the card pool and appear in the packs.

Minsc

Gold Member
Really want to see how much I need to save up to get my hands on these new cards or if they'll just get introduced into the card pool and appear in the packs.

100g for 5 cards at random is what is expected right? So if Legendaries stay at the same rate 1:100, and there's ~20 of them, you'd need to go through 2,000 cards, so about 400 packs, or 40,000 gold (that assumes no dupes of course, probably more like 120,000 gold when you factor in getting duplicate legendaries).

JesseZao

YES! Keep this time table up. Android Tablet + Expansion next month. I guess that means we'll get expansion 2 when the phone client is ready.

Brakara

100g for 5 cards at random is what is expected right? So if Legendaries stay at the same rate 1:100, and there's ~20 of them, you'd need to go through 2,000 cards, so about 400 packs, or 40,000 gold (that assumes no dupes of course, probably more like 120,000 gold when you factor in getting duplicate legendaries).

That's not taking into account dust from excessive cards, right?

Minsc

Gold Member
That's not taking into account dust from excessive cards, right?

Not sure how you'd factor it in, dust gives you back only .25 to .5 the original value... I guess we won't know precisely until we have a better idea of the exact number of legendaries and epics, there'd be a big difference between having 15 new vs 30 new legendaries to acquire.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I hope they just throw them in the pool, saving gold for Naxx wings showed me how much I missed opening packs.

gutshot

More cards and info here.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/expansions-adventures/goblins-vs-gnomes/?utm_expid=68589644-24.yOgsCsWhSz-gOSDIbl82Wg.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fus.battle.net%2Fhearthstone%2Fen%2Fblog%2F16515629

Spectator mode confirmed!

Alongside Goblins vs Gnomes, we’re introducing Spectator mode so you and your friends can observe each others’ explosive battles, fiery strategies, and hard-won victories. If someone on your friends list is playing and has allowed spectators (enabled by default), you can jump into your pal’s game and watch right away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom