• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Ohhhhh....shit son.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_1162014070011_zpsf06114b5.png

Dreavus

I'm thinking that any mechanic centered around the "rope" might not be a good idea for a set mechanic. It's basically mitigated entirely by expedient play, which is great for speeding people up I guess, but if they play quick enough it effectively does nothing.

If it is a thing, it's probably going to be limited to just a few cards.

I'm thinking that any mechanic centered around the "rope" might not be a good idea for a set mechanic. It's basically mitigated entirely by expedient play, which is great for speeding people up I guess, but if they play quick enough it effectively does nothing.

If it is a thing, it's probably going to be limited to just a few cards.

I think messing with the rope mechanic is dumb for this reason. You're basically making your deck weaker just so you have to wait a little less sometimes.

I don't even think nozdormu should really even be in the game. But at least it is a bad card for constructed.

Xanathus

Another thing about penalizing your opponent for taking longer to play is that it inherently is advantageous towards aggro/easy-to-play decks and becomes yet another nerf towards control, and I really don't think HS needs to give rush decks yet more buffs.

johnsmith

remember me
It would also screw up tournament play. It'd be pretty weird if the tournament community implemented it's own banned cards.

Nozdormu just needs spell immunity like the Faerie Dragon and suddenly Noz would at least have a shot of fitting into some decks in Constructed... Even if only for fun. Ramp Druid turn 3 Coin, Innervate, Innervate, Nozdormu would be the new meta.

ViviOggi

Fuck anything that makes Druid stronger

Innervate is such a bullshit card, I can't even imagine how many problems it will cause in the future.

Nozdormu just needs spell immunity like the Faerie Dragon and suddenly Noz would at least have a shot of fitting into some decks in Constructed... Even if only for fun. Ramp Druid turn 3 Coin, Innervate, Innervate, Nozdormu would be the new meta.

Giving a huge minion spell immunity isn't a small thing like you make it sound though. That is a huge deal.

Minsc

Gold Member

That's a lot of cards to burn to feed a Big Game Hunter, nothing quite like living the 5:1 dream if it gets to trade against another card after that.

gutshot

This is the first time I will be paying attention to Blizzcon. Is all the new stuff expected to be announced during the opening ceremony?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Giving a huge minion spell immunity isn't a small thing like you make it sound though. That is a huge deal.

An 8/8 with spell immunity is crazy good. Spell immunity gets stronger the more powerful the minion is. If they made an 8/8 with spell immunity at 9 mana, that'd be crazy strong even without any extra time effects.

Minsc

Gold Member
An 8/8 with spell immunity is crazy good. Spell immunity gets stronger the more powerful the minion is. If they made an 8/8 with spell immunity at 9 mana, that'd be crazy strong even without any extra time effects.

Dies to BGH and Rag, you can't buff it on your side either with spells and can just be copied by a Faceless too if your opponent decides to. It doesn't really sound too incredible, and it's slow if that's all it does. A single belcher would hold it off for two rounds. It sounds decent but not incredible to me. I'd rather have many of the other 8 or 9 mana legendaries that do things immediately, like for example alexstrasza can inflict 15 damage the same turn it's played and then you can hit to the face with everything else you had on the board bringing them down to just a few hp or killing them. Another example is they could just trade 3 or 4 minions in to it, and then play KT and get their whole board back leaving you with nothing. Also can still be stolen with sylvanas, and stolen at full health even with a sylvanas + reincarnate.

So basically whenever priest thoughtsteals... the rule is... get eviscerate, assassin's blade, and loatheb or another combo card. I am beggining to despise that card.

Got two golden Thoughtsteals the last few days. It's a nice way to see gold versions of cards you don't normally see. Dat gold Yeti, someday I'll have a real one....

There is something about this game where it just decides to never give me card draw... 2 azure drakes, 2 ancients of lore, 20 cards in... none of them.

The same thing with my rogue deck. 2 azure drakes, 2 cult masters, and so many games I don't pull a single one.

edit:
I know it is kinda stupid, but I put sprint in my rogue deck. Now I have 5 card draw cards... starting to become a bit ridiculous though and maybe even hurts myself.

br3wnor

There is something about this game where it just decides to never give me card draw... 2 azure drakes, 2 ancients of lore, 20 cards in... none of them.

The same thing with my rogue deck. 2 azure drakes, 2 cult masters, and so many games I don't pull a single one.

edit:
I know it is kinda stupid, but I put sprint in my rogue deck. Now I have 5 card draw cards... starting to become a bit ridiculous though and maybe even hurts myself.

You can't read into RNG. The game is 100% random in terms of what cards you pull, so making a narrative based on it will just frustrate you.

edit:

This is exactly what you shouldn't be doing. It's COMPLETELY RANDOM, eventually the RNG will swing your way, don't add draw cards based on a small sample size of not drawing.

You can't read into RNG. The game is 100% random in terms of what cards you pull, so making a narrative based on it will just frustrate you.

This is exactly what you shouldn't be doing. It's COMPLETELY RANDOM, eventually the RNG will swing your way, don't add draw cards based on a small sample size of not drawing.

Well I don't mean it like HS is out to get me or anything lol.

But yeah, of course it is completely random. That doesn't mean I can't reduce it to increase my performance to a more consistent level though.

For example, when I had 2 shivs in the deck and a fan of knives, the deck was incredibly consistent and a very very high winrate vs aggro decks. But that stopped working around rank 10 and I abandoned that a couple days ago. I had to increase my strength vs control priest, while still retaining strength vs aggro. I actually did that pretty damn good tbh and had an almost 90% winrate going to rank 5, where handlock became the biggest threat.

The problem vs handlock is that shivs probably aren't worth shit vs them. So I put black knight in and smoothed out my middle curve a bit better to help towards aggro. If I can get the handlock down to a reasonable amount of hp (15), and I can fairly well tbh, at that point all I really need is card draw, to burst them down essentially. I've been trying a bunch of different variations since then. Still doing horrible vs handlock. Sprint is still a pretty good card vs control in general, since I can often have board around turn 7, where that can seal a win. I think sprint will have a lower impact on aggro match ups than even black knight sometimes which is often useless.

Oh well, just messing around with variations, eventually I will have that light bulb moment if I think about the situation enough.

johnsmith

remember me
Math warrior is so good. I like it a lot better than control warrior. Though really it's just a variation on tempo warrior. Those turn 4 handlock kills.

johnsmith

remember me
Math warrior? turn 4 handlock kills? Gimmie

oh this one? http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/106438-razors-math-warrior-legend

Yep. It shouldn't work, but somehow does. I added in a raging worgen for a gnomish inventor, but otherwise running that same list. I wouldn't use it to ladder seriously, but it gets my dailies done fast.

Looks like he's running a different list on stream recently, not sure why he's bothering with the armorsmith. Hunter insurance I guess.
LiQrb3r.png

Prisen

Another thing about penalizing your opponent for taking longer to play is that it inherently is advantageous towards aggro/easy-to-play decks and becomes yet another nerf towards control, and I really don't think HS needs to give rush decks yet more buffs.

It also penalizes your opponent for playing on a tablet instead of a PC. Somehow I doubt that is something Blizzard wants to do.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

If the mechanic is on an expensive minion like Nozodormu, than it doesn't help aggro decks at all.

Volimar

How many matches would you guys say you play in a given day? Not counting arena. I think I do between 3-6. Once I lose a couple in a row I stop for the day so I don't get upset.

br3wnor

How many matches would you guys say you play in a given day? Not counting arena. I think I do between 3-6. Once I lose a couple in a row I stop for the day so I don't get upset.

Depends on the day. Last few days I've been off from school and my girlfriend has been running around with wedding stuff so I've had to play like 20 matches each day at least. With the iPad it's so easy to just be chilling watching TV and bang out 2 hours of games no problem.

Minsc

Gold Member
The hell is that card back? It's not listed in the Wiki.

€: Huh, the wooden planks and metal frame are the Warlords of Draenor's, but the logo at the top is different and his hand cards are somehow glowing red?

I saw a blue post mention it's a screw up on their end. They used some beta artwork for the card back by mistake and are fixing it... some people were upset that their card back look so much worst than advertised and Blizzard admitted they messed up and will improve it in the next client update.

ViviOggi

I saw a blue post mention it's a screw up on their end. They used some beta artwork for the card back by mistake and are fixing it... some people were upset that their card back look so much worst than advertised and Blizzard admitted they messed up and will improve it in the next client update.

Heh, I see.

Are we going to get the Artosis/Frodan/HAHAHAHAHA combo at the Blizzcon main event? I enjoyed those casts way more than I thought I did.

ViviOggi

Are we going to get the Artosis/Frodan/HAHAHAHAHA combo at the Blizzcon main event? I enjoyed those casts way more than I thought I did.
I'd hope so. Frodan who cracks genuinely decent jokes coupled with those hilarious laughs is fucking perfect. With games like Dota or Starcraft I prefer more analytical casts but Hearthstone being the simple and easy to follow card game that it is entertainment is key. I've even had the rebroadcast running in the background when I could and still haven't gotten tired of it.

Twitch chat was threatening riot whenever Brode wasn't on camera too so I think they got the message.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im gonna miss today matches, i have to give a talk at a game dev event
Being an adult with responsabilities sucks :(

Also yes, Frodan,Artorsis and Ben Brode are gold.
I like how Brode asks questions all the time, dude is gattering data for sure.

CoolOff

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/hearthstone/BlizzCon_World_Championships

Casters & Hosts[edit]
USA Dan "Frodan" Chou
USA Ryan "Realz" Masterson
USA Rachel "Seltzer" Quirico

Only at the Group Stage:[edit]
USA Dan "Artosis" Stemkoski
Canada Isaac "Azael" Cummings-Bentley
USA Ben Brode

Only at BlizzCon:[edit]
USA Marcus "djWHEAT" Graham
Poland Marcin "Gnimsh" Filipowicz
Hong Kong Jason "Amaz" Chan
USA Nathan "ThatsAdmirable" Zamora

Gnimsh instead of Brode, worst trade ever. :(

ViviOggi

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/hearthstone/BlizzCon_World_Championships

Casters & Hosts[edit]
USA Dan "Frodan" Chou
USA Rachel "Seltzer" Quirico

Only at the Group Stage:[edit]
USA Dan "Artosis" Stemkoski
Canada Isaac "Azael" Cummings-Bentley
USA Ben Brode

Only at BlizzCon:[edit]
USA Marcus "djWHEAT" Graham
Poland Marcin "Gnimsh" Filipowicz
Hong Kong Jason "Amaz" Chan
USA Nathan "ThatsAdmirable" Zamora

Gnimsh instead of Brode, worst trade ever. :(

SLx19c3.gif
SLx19c3.gif
SLx19c3.gif
SLx19c3.gif
SLx19c3.gif
SLx19c3.gif
SLx19c3.gif

CoolOff

I see so many hunters Turn One Flare when I'm playing Mage. Is that not a terrible play or am I missing something?

If they run 2 they might value the card cycle to have better other early game over potentially popping a secret turn 3-5. You can always draw into another.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I'm sure Brode has a lot to do at Blizzcon so I don't blame them... But... I will join the Twitch chat riot.

lol yeah, he probably has to do work.
Or maybe he's gonna show up to present the new cards!
<BenBrode>HAHAHAHA!</BenBrode>

If they run 2 they might value the card cycle to have better other early game over potentially popping a secret turn 3-5. You can always draw into another.

yeah. in the event of a freeze mage you really don't want to pop their secret until you have lethal. and if it's the regular kind of secrets mage you can play around mirror entity and duplicate well enough as hunter anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom