• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kettch

Uhhh, isn't that 28 burst with just a single rockbiter? That looks horribly unbalanced, unless I'm missing something.

EDIT: Oh I see, it's not a playable card.

Uhhh, isn't that 28 burst with just a single rockbiter? That looks horribly unbalanced, unless I'm missing something.

EDIT: Oh I see, it's not a playable card.

Yeah, it's like Thaddius essentially. Your opponent has basically a full turn to keep you from having 3 Mechs on the board plus the Head card. Seems like if you can summon the Mega Windfury guy you've already won anyway.

Avinexus

I assume Voltron is only playable through Mimiron's Head like that 12/12 from the last expansion?

Also, I like how they hear the cries of too much RNG, so they add an expansion of 120 RNG cards. Good stuff.

Mirmirons head must survive a round with 4 mechs. That will almost never happen lol.

But when it does it brings a 4/8 mega-windfury minion with charge that you drop rockbiter on and it does 28 damage. lol

edit:
Oh nice, spectator mode too

Best 3-drop in the game?

KYnGthul.png

For neutral, yes. Worse than the Priest's Dark Cultist though since it has no Deathrattle.

Recombobulator looks neat to combo with card draw cards.

Turn 1 coin Paladin or Shaman hero power. Turn 2 Recombobulator to get a 1-cost minion to replace the token after you hit face for 1 damage.

Also, I think Baron Rivendare will suddenly be more useful. Some nice Deathrattles in this expansion.

gutshot

Just get new packs, no word on how that will be structured.

Sounds like 100g expansion-specific packs. Presumably they will also be given out as arena awards as well?

Stirring up trouble this December for Windows®, Mac®, and iPad®, Goblins vs Gnomes cards will be available by purchasing Goblins vs Gnomes-specific card packs in the in-game shop with either gold or real money, whichever you prefer (same pricing as expert card packs). As with Curse of Naxxramas, Goblins vs Gnomes cards will be made available in your Arena picks as soon as the cards have been released; even if you haven’t added them to your personal collection!

Kettch

This part implies they'll be in arena rewards:

Goblins vs Gnomes adds over 120 new cards to the game for you to craft, win, or purchase.

Since it's the only place to win things currently.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That 6/4 summon a 4 cost card is bonkers.

It might as well be Corn.

CoolOff

The casters for this final series are really ruining the fun for me. Gnimsh is absolutely awful, and Admirable isn't much better.

I like deathrattle cards that summon new minions. Those are probably my favorite type of minion in the game, other than rogue combo minions cause those are pretty sweet.

Yeah, I think rogue is the only class that could reliably run this card since they can stealth all their mechs to summon Vol7ron.

Well conceal is a card that only reliably works in miracle rogue, a deck that relies mostly on spells. Setting this up with conceal sounds great but it'll take a lot of work to make this work consistently.

TimeKillr

Yeah, so many of these cards are RNG-based it's kinda ridiculous.

I don't see how Blingtron could ever be playable, except if you absolutely pair it with an ooze, and even then it has shit stats for a 5-drop. And if you get Light's Justice? LOL.

A lot of the other RNG cards are semi-reliable - stuff like Bomb Lobber can be good if you can guarantee it's target (or if you guarantee it'll kill something, for example). Same with Flamecannon - although in this case, a 2-mana spell that deals 4 damage is pretty crazy. At least they're trying to make RNG cards where the RNG can be semi-controlled, and in the case where it can't be controlled, you'll at least always get value (except maybe for Recombobulator, but if you put the worst possible drop for cost, you can get something better guaranteed I guess...)

This means that more and more and more silence will start being mandatory in all decks, really.

imBask

Banned
Yeah, so many of these cards are RNG-based it's kinda ridiculous.

I don't see how Blingtron could ever be playable, except if you absolutely pair it with an ooze, and even then it has shit stats for a 5-drop. And if you get Light's Justice? LOL.

A lot of the other RNG cards are semi-reliable - stuff like Bomb Lobber can be good if you can guarantee it's target (or if you guarantee it'll kill something, for example). Same with Flamecannon - although in this case, a 2-mana spell that deals 4 damage is pretty crazy. At least they're trying to make RNG cards where the RNG can be semi-controlled, and in the case where it can't be controlled, you'll at least always get value (except maybe for Recombobulator, but if you put the worst possible drop for cost, you can get something better guaranteed I guess...)

This means that more and more and more silence will start being mandatory in all decks, really.

there are more good weapons than bad weapons, i'd take the chance

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
6/4 are not great starting stats tho (vulnerable defensively) + your random 4 could be a dud. I like the reliability of Cairn.
You get only one Cairn, but two of these.

The list for absolutely trash 4 cost cards is a short one. I'm assuming it has access to all playable class cards. In my wildest dreams, it has access to ALL 4 cost cards including stuff like Emerald Drake and Misha. The only card I'd be really sad to see is Argus.

Summoning random things via card effects doesn't trigger bbattlecry. So no Millhouse disaster.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I think the expansion looks <Insert Random Word Here>!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom