• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get only one Cairn, but two of these.

The list for absolutely trash 4 cost cards is a short one. I'm assuming it has access to all playable class cards. In my wildest dreams, it has access to ALL 4 cost cards including stuff like Emerald Drake and Misha. The only card I'd be really sad to see is Argus.

Summoning random things via card effects doesn't trigger bbattlecry. So no Millhouse disaster.

I really look forward to Shaman Reincarnate/Ancestral Spirit/Baron Rivendare YouTube clips of insanity with this card.

I'm already seeing people complain about more RNG cards.

Seriously though, the RNG on these cards are all manageable. There is nothing like tinkmaster level of RNG strength or nat pagle. Even enhanceomatic looks fine, since it is a 3/4 for 4 mana. Playing that over dark iron dwarf, for example, may get you a bigger impact the turn played but also less consistent and the 3/4 can trade worse than a 4/4.

And it isn't like people are gonna be adding much more RNG to their decks than they have currently, because every card you add to a deck you must remove a card.

Haunted

ooh spectator mode

Only class cards I've seen so far are mage and priest. So many random effects. Exciting times! Can't wait to play around with the new cards. Saving up my gold as we speak.

Seriously though, the RNG on these cards are all manageable. There is nothing like tinkmaster level of RNG strength or nat pagle. Even enhanceomatic looks fine, since it is a 3/4 for 4 mana. Playing that over dark iron dwarf, for example, may get you a bigger impact the turn played but also less consistent and the 3/4 can trade worse than a 4/4.

And it isn't like people are gonna be adding much more RNG to their decks than they have currently, because every card you add to a deck you must remove a card.
Oh, you know I'm going to make a deck with all random effect cards.

I'm calling it

WILDCARD, BITCHES

Randuin Wrynn now has enough cards to have 100% RNG-based cards. So, that gets me quite excited. No more Faceless Manipulators or other less-random crap.

johnsmith

remember me
Undertaker better be nerfed after this. Way too many deathrattles. Also sad I'll never want to play priest again since I'll have 500 wins before these come out.

Is that a stealthed auctioneer?

Bomb lobber: deal 4 damage to a random enemy minion

Die miracle rogue!

Is that a stealthed cold blood minion or two?

Madder bomber: deal 6 damage split among all other minions at random

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
<movie ad voice>

In a meta overrun by control...
One deck is here to punish their greed...
This fall...
ZOOLOCK

</movie ad voice>

Majine

Banned
ibyLvZNUtKB9S4.png

The shenanigans...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Clockwork Giant is cool.

I really wonder if that Trade Prince one is real because that shit would be hilarious.

Shrinkmaster changes the Priest meta dramatically, right?

The whole logic surrounding Priest that they hate 4 power dudes. Suddenly they can do a million things to said 4 power dudes if they hold back that card.

johnsmith

remember me
It's gonna make people hate them even more. It'll be a really nice boost to control priest, though it'd be viable in midrange/undertaker too.

Shrinkmaster changes the Priest meta dramatically, right?

The whole logic surrounding Priest that they hate 4 power dudes. Suddenly they can do a million things to said 4 power dudes if they hold back that card.

It is a pretty big card. Also could do huge swings with 5 attack minions and shadow madness.

Skux

Annoyotron + Kel'Thuzad

Wild Pyromancer + Explosive Sheep + any cheap spell, poor man's board clear
or
Explosive Sheep/Dr. Boom + whirlwind

A lot of these "summon a random x-cost minion" could be used with charge for constant board presence

Shrinkmeister is obviously huge for Priest and will enable players to remove any 4 attack minion with SW:p

And of course every fucking deathrattle card makes Undertaker even more powerful

Slashlen

The best part = NEXT MONTH
meaning december 31st at 11:59 pm PST

Do they really plan on releasing into the Christmas/holiday void like that? I don't know if it's the same for F2P as retail games.

Even then, it's much earlier than I would have expected. I had March pegged as the earliest date. I actually won't have that much gold saved up for this. I was kinda looking forward to an epic opening of 70-80 packs. 20-30 will still be a record for me though.

Do they really plan on releasing into the Christmas/holiday void like that? I don't know if it's the same for F2P as retail games.

Even then, it's much earlier than I would have expected. I had March pegged as the earliest date. I actually won't have that much gold saved up for this. I was kinda looking forward to an epic opening of 70-80 packs. 20-30 will still be a record for me though.

No idea when they are gonna release. I was just joking.

But I think it is smart for them to release it in this period because it is the holidays where people spend the most money.

Slashlen

No idea when they are gonna release. I was just joking.

But I think it is smart for them to release it in this period because it is the holidays where people spend the most money.

I knew the very last part was a joke, wasn't so sure about the middle part.

Of course this is all moot anyway. What are the odds Blizzard hits a date, even if it's a month after they announce it?

Haly

Give your loved one the gift of cards for Christmas.

oupi

So if I save up packs now, will they include the new cards if I open them after the expansion is released?

No, the expansion pack cards will be in their own pack:
Stirring up trouble this December for Windows®, Mac®, and iPad®, Goblins vs Gnomes cards will be available by purchasing Goblins vs Gnomes-specific card packs in the in-game shop with either gold or real money, whichever you prefer (same pricing as expert card packs)

Skux

No, the expansion pack cards will be in their own pack:
Stirring up trouble this December for Windows®, Mac®, and iPad®, Goblins vs Gnomes cards will be available by purchasing Goblins vs Gnomes-specific card packs in the in-game shop with either gold or real money, whichever you prefer (same pricing as expert card packs)

Cool thanks. Looks like it's daily quests instead of Arena for me.

Haly

Those are probably cards generated by some other minion.

Please no randomorino anymoro Blizzardio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom