• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
FUCKING

KOLENTO

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WOULD YOU LOOK AT THIS SHITEATING GRIN

Haunted

Topdicking aside, playing Loatheb instead of Haunted Creeper + Hero Power would've won Kolento the game and set up for lethal on the next turn anyway.

Misplay.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Topdicking aside, playing Loatheb instead of Haunted Creeper + Hero Power would've won Kolento the game and set up for lethal on the next turn anyway.

Misplay.

Wasn't he thinking he was playing around brawl?

Still should have went HAM

Yeah, I don't understand why he didn't play Loatheb.

I guess with Brawl he would of lost his board but there was a good chance that Alextraza would of died as well. That's going to hurt for a long time.

CoolOff

A Brawl would've cost 10 mana so the combo wasn't possible the same turn, which means it would be completely down to which minion won it.

Misplay.

K A O R B O Y S

Wasn't he thinking he was playing around brawl?

Brawl with Alex winning was the only way he could possibly lose that game. Except for that combo of course, but you can't play around everything.

I think it was the right play in theory, it just didn't quite work out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He couldn't account for the topdecked Deathbiter.

I would've played Loatheb/Argus without even thinking about it but I'm not a pro player. Sometimes pros make "mistakes" by overthinking a move when a simpler, more obvious play would've gotten the job done. It's not really a misplay. For every 9 good decisions he makes through careful analysis, 1 decision is off the mark because he overcompensated. It happens.

Brawl wiping away both Taunts would've put him in the danger zone as well... UNLESS he had Loatheb in hand to stall for a turn.

I didn't watch the whole last game, but maybe kolento should have better anticipated that burst because iirc the warrior played an inner rage which points to this type of build.

That is true, but credit where credit is due because a few turns before his opponent did nothing but armour up.

That flagged a brawl was coming and the bluff worked.

Prodigal

Banned
Didn't Kaor say in one of those cheesy player montages that he uses "his own" decks? ...And yet everything he's played is extremely common.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Didn't Kaor say in one of those cheesy player montages that he uses "his own" decks? ...And yet everything he's played is extremely common.
Charge/Worgen/Inner Rage/Rampage aren't unheard of for Warrior decks, but they are definitely not common.

I need this shirt.
blizzcon-2014-hearthstone-well-played-tee.jpg

Really not liking all the RNG cards they have shown so far.

I think they moved up from 100 new cards to 120, of course the extra 20 cards could be from things like the Tinkertown Tinkerer, but they've shown less than 30 cards. I think the main reason they're parading these cards over any others is because they fit the main theme of "Goblins vs Gnomes." It's all about their different Engineering styles, which way back when, were all about RNG and having it blow up in your face. It's probably more about getting people hyped for all the crazy stuff to happen. If they showed only cards like the Spider Tank, I highly doubt people would get that excited. Of course, I could be wrong, and everything is going to be a RNG-fest come next month.

Better start praying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom