• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
The perfect gif for this expansion

HKhkS.gif

fanboi

Banned
So what is the basics you need to know for this game? I have played a bit but never really dived into it.

Tips? I play mostly as a priest.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Wow the expac cards look like utter trash.. time to save gold. Since naxx I've spent about 5k on packs simply out of boredom.

ShinNL

Holy cow, I just keep getting ragequits when I play my Mage deck. People not liking secrets confirmed. Sub turn 4 ragequits even though I barely have a board.

This poor Shaman though I had duplicate and used Frog, only for it to be counterspelled, then using his rockbiter trying to take out my Kirin Tor Mage after killing my Mad Scientist with his Zombie Chow, only for it to be counterspelled again (pulled in by Mad Scientist). Instant rage quit.

And a Druid just ragequitting when I put a single Water Elemental on an empty board turn 4.

---

I like the consistency of Priest. I run 2x Mind Control and 2x Shadowform and the deck has no draw except for Thoughtsteal. Everything seems just so much value. No one seems to expect Shadowform and how I still have enough ways to heal even in that form.

CoolOff

From Reddit:

At 6 minutes, Kibler confirms he talked with Ben Brode about the RNG and Ben confirmed that they revealed the RNG cards for the demo because they're fun. The bulk of the set is not RNG crazy. This post ought to be upvoted just to get that to the top so people stop freaking out about RNG.

Okay, I'll calm my tits and wait until all cards have been revealed.

JSR_Cube

I don't know about the expansion. It's a bit worrying to me that all of that RNG is in it. Sure, we don't know about the rest of the cards an this may be the most of it, but still. The more RNG they add, the crazier the combos they're gonna get. As someone above noted, I thought they didn't want one-turn kills. I just have some concerns about the long-term direction of the game. I think they could learn a lot from the CCGs like Magic for sure in this case. I don't think people were clamoring for more RNG.. just some more cards.

I think some of my sentiments are found in this article that I found this morning as I was thinking of this post:
http://www.pcgamer.com/hearthstone-goblins-vs-gnomes-blizzard-doubles-down-on-rng/

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Do you expect RNG to go away from HS sometime soon?

Yes. I thought with this expansion they would totally get rid of it.

I thought they'd make Tinkmaster say "choose a creature and make it a 1/1 or 5/5, your choice"

And then Rag would be "choose a target every turn, deal 8 damage to it"

Also animal companion would say "which one?"

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yes. I thought with this expansion they would totally get rid of it.

I thought they'd make Tinkmaster say "choose a creature and make it a 1/1 or 5/5, your choice"

And then Rag would be "choose a target every turn, deal 8 damage to it"

Also animal companion would say "which one?"

Dang. It made laugh.

ViviOggi

Lol at Brode constantly praising Kolento's skill at the Fireside chat only to have him eliminated by some trashlord enrage deck topdicking exact lethal

Zukuu

Banned
So far pretty dissapointing. The theme is underwhelming as first real expansion, and most of them are RNG to boot... yikes. Only real good value card I've seen so far that fits into most decks is the 4 mana that summons a random 2 mana drop when it dies.

I'm an expert

I must be the only one that enjoys the RNG.

Pretty sure you and like one other dude in this thread are lol. If this was a paper card game where the rng was me rolling a die, it'd be much easier to stomach than invisible blizz rng that fucked me out of my bulwark of azzinoth for years doing some shit in the background and making rag miss.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
How to make a Hunter ragequit.

1. Play a priest
2. Play Injured Blademaster and CoH
3. Hunter plays a trap, emotes "sorry", clearly broadcasting that it's freezing trap.
4. Play Thoughtsteal.
5. PEEWW! Pfft bang! Trap goes bye-bye.

I'm an expert

Did you emote sorry, thank you, well played after? Did you then friend request him 100x until he accepted and then write "#getrekt nub" and then unfriend him right away?

I think he was trying to play around brawl. which would have cost 10 mana and left kolento in a position where he probably couldn't win.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Did you emote sorry, thank you, well played after? Did you then friend request him 100x until he accepted and then write "#getrekt nub" and then unfriend him right away?

Well, actually I did "#getrekt nub kappa kappa biblethump" but pretty much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom