• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

I just figured out that the reason Amaz was taken out from casting was because they didn't want any conflict of interest with Firebat.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
All the Firebat salt in here. He won, deal with it. It was awesome to be in the crowd.

The crowd was going crazy when Firebat was about to Turn 1 yeti. I bet Tiddler sorta knew what could happen after that, lol.

So best match of the tournament has to be GunandRun vs FrozenIce in terms of just entertainment. Finals were lackluster should have done at least BO7 for the semis and grand final.

gutshot

Will the Mechanical Dragonling become a Mech after the expansion is launched? I'd think so if Harvest Golem is a Mech.

Supposedly, yes. The devs said anything that you would think should be a mech will become a mech. I believe Mr. Bitey was confirmed as being on that list.

Magnus

Now, is Goblins/Gnomes going to need a purchase like Naxx did? Like an initial gold or $$ buy-in?

Or will it effectively instantly and freely expand the card base and be available to everyone, and people will just need to spend gold/$$ on acquiring the cards as they do now with the vanilla set?

Now, is Goblins/Gnomes going to need a purchase like Naxx did? Like an initial gold or $$ buy-in?

Or will it effectively instantly and freely expand the card base and be available to everyone, and people will just need to spend gold/$$ on acquiring the cards as they do now with the vanilla set?

i think it's just going to be different packs to buy

edit: also you'll be able to craft everything with dust

Slashlen

It's literally just a new type of expert pack. Same price, same dust. You just get different cards out of the new packs.

gutshot

Also, once the expansion launches, arena rewards will give GnG packs. Only way to get classic packs then will be by purchasing them in the shop.

EDIT: Oh, and according to Brode's Twitter, they are officially renaming the expert packs/cards to "classic".

This deck is starting to show some promise:

Wrath_Rogue.png

I mainly designed it to take down handlock and druid, while still being good against hunter of course.

Main things I changed from previous iterations was removal of defender of argus and echoing ooze (I felt this combo just was not pulling its weight). I replaced echoing ooze with sunfury protector, so basically a 2 drop that does well against a lot of commonly played cards like haunted creeper and mad scientist. I replaced defender of argus with chillwind yeti, preferring a big body that is difficult to remove.

I also cut cult master. While in theory, I love the card. I think it definitely works. The downside, almost intolerably so in some match ups, is the 2hp, making it very difficult to get much use out of other than absorbing a cheap removal spell. I also just felt like there weren't enough situations where I was getting big value out of it. People get removal happy when you play small minions. I replaced it with gnomish inventor... for much more resiliency and consistent draw (plus cold blood on this girl is like a national past time).

I cut one argent squire, because while I think this card is great, it was a choice between cutting a backstab and an argent squire. Backstab is definitely a better combo starter and even a better top deck later in the game. I replace argent squire with an assassinate. Crazy right? I even opted to put a second assassinate in it, in lieu of a bomb like ragnaros.

Assassinate is an under rated card imo. If I can actually deal with some of the big minions people put out, they can run out of weapons (and by this I mean ways to kill me) actually faster than I can. I have 2 assassin's blades... I think I can actually win fatigue/topdeck matches because of that.

ZealousD

Play Piloted Sky Golem. Dies
Summons Piloted Shredder. Dies
Summons Haunted Creeper.

Minionception.

johnsmith

remember me
Man, the current face hunter is so disgusting if you aren't a warrior or priest. I actually hadn't played it, but obviously had played against it tons. Easiest 5 wins for my quest ever.

ZealousD

Man, the current face hunter is so disgusting if you aren't a warrior or priest. I actually hadn't played it, but obviously had played against it tons. Easiest 5 wins for my quest ever.

Seriously. And If you can get a Turn 1 Undertaker to 3/4, you're basically guaranteed the win. I seriously can't think of a game where I got a Turn 1 Undertaker to 3/4 and I didn't win.

It's a deck that never falls behind. If it is behind at any point, than it's only on like the last turn just before it loses the game. Mad Scientist and Undertaker just make the deck too damn consistent. Mad Scientist probably needs to be nerfed to 3 mana, and then something needs to happen to Undertaker. I'm not quite sure what, but the health boost seems the most problematic to me.

Seriously. And If you can get a Turn 1 Undertaker to 3/4, you're basically guaranteed the win. I seriously can't think of a game where I got a Turn 1 Undertaker to 3/4 and I didn't win.

It's a deck that never falls behind. If it is behind at any point, than it's only on like the last turn just before it loses the game. Mad Scientist and Undertaker just make the deck too damn consistent. Mad Scientist probably needs to be nerfed to 3 mana, and then something needs to happen to Undertaker. I'm not quite sure what, but the health boost seems the most problematic to me.

Pretty much. The amount of these hunters is infuriating. I've never been more annoyed at a meta than this. Even many of the past metas that provoked blizzard responses. I think the last time I was annoyed like this was when pyroblast was 8 mana.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Great idea. Next, we should give Mad Scientist some RNG too. Something like 25% chance to give your opponent the trap instead.

caesar

Banned
Hunter isn't even that strong at least in comparison to before. Its just that its so easy to play and there are so many of them, I can't think of a deck that takes less.

or embrace the RNG and have it randomly gain +1/+0, +0/+1 or +1/+1.

I think undertaker being able to gain health quickly enough to trade efficiently with multiple higher-cost minions and also put it outside the range of certain AOE removals is what makes it so strong. I think it was meant to punish playstyles that just pass the first 3 turns like Priest or Handlock, but its way too good as it is.

Actually, it might be interesting if it gained something like +2/+1 from deathrattle minions but it silences the deathrattle. It gets rid of some of the especially dumb synergies like webspinner or creeper or eggs, but it might be too good with negative rattles like zombie chow or swords.

ViviOggi

Yup

Rank 8 Hunter just KC'd my Highmane for 3 with a 5/1 Loatheb on the board

Turns out Loatheb is not a beast

He continues by running Loatheb into the now 2 health Highmane, Unleashing (oh wait aren't these beasts, oops) just to kill the Scientist - which doesn't play a secret because I'm holding the last one in my hand - Flares regardless

Not a single reason right now to not play this cancer yourself if it effortlessly gets utter trashlords like this one to single digit ranks

gutshot

So I've been messing around with this spell damage Priest deck and it has been, so far, surprisingly successful. Here is my current decklist:

ifSD2eul.png

I am 22-8 with it so far and 10-4 in ranked play. The double Mind Blast gives me reach that no one expects from a Priest. Add a Geomancer and/or Azure Drake to that and it's better than a Pyroblast. So many games have ended with that combo. My initial version of the deck didn't have Undertakers or Zombie Chows, but I has having a lot of trouble in the early game. Since I've added them in I've been able to hold my own in the early game and can start whittling my opponent down for my late game Priest Pyroblast.

I'm guessing this deck might not continue to be as viable as I climb higher on the ladder (currently only rank 16), but I'm having fun with it for now and we'll see how it continues to play in the current meta.

inky

I love my old school Druid deck. When it works it does spectacularly. Too bad it's less often nowadays with all the new cards and small stuff.

BOox1hf.png

Jrmint

So I've been messing around with this spell damage Priest deck and it has been, so far, surprisingly successful. Here is my current decklist:

ifSD2eul.png

I am 22-8 with it so far and 10-4 in ranked play. The double Mind Blast gives me reach that no one expects from a Priest. Add a Geomancer and/or Azure Drake to that and it's better than a Pyroblast. So many games have ended with that combo. My initial version of the deck didn't have Undertakers or Zombie Chows, but I has having a lot of trouble in the early game. Since I've added them in I've been able to hold my own in the early game and can start whittling my opponent down for my late game Priest Pyroblast.

I'm guessing this deck might not continue to be as viable as I climb higher on the ladder (currently only rank 16), but I'm having fun with it for now and we'll see how it continues to play in the current meta.
I'd definitely try and make room for a second power word shield, that card is excellent. Maybe only 1 holy smite.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So I'm planning on saving all my daily gold from now until GvG release and just splurge on packs when it's out. Is this a good idea? Mind you I play pretty sporadically so I dont have all the core expert/classic cards, though I figure if I really need anything specific I need from them I can craft it.

Leezard

So I'm planning on saving all my daily gold from now until GvG release and just splurge on packs when it's out. Is this a good idea? Mind you I play pretty sporadically so I dont have all the core expert/classic cards, though I figure if I really need anything specific I need from them I can craft it.

Yeah, I'm doing the same. If you don't have Naxxramas you probably want some of those cards, but otherwise I think saving for the new packs is the best idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom