• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

I'd definitely try and make room for a second power word shield, that card is excellent. Maybe only 1 holy smite.

Yeah, it is great. I took one out and replaced it with Shadow Madness since I just got it in a pack and wanted to try it out. I may swap them back though since SM doesn't really fit the theme of this deck. We'll see.

Slashlen

So I'm planning on saving all my daily gold from now until GvG release and just splurge on packs when it's out. Is this a good idea? Mind you I play pretty sporadically so I dont have all the core expert/classic cards, though I figure if I really need anything specific I need from them I can craft it.

I was planning on the same thing, but with it happening the next month when I have some time off of work I'm thinking about an arena marathon instead.

Unless you're just after specific cards and the old set has the vast majority of what you need, the new cards make the most sense unless you literally just started. If someone just started, I'm not sure what I'd recommend as we don't know all of the cards yet.

Gotta love this opening...

voidwalker

turn2:
undertaker leper gnome...

Doesn't matter that I have backstab and deadly poison and coin... there is just no beating that opening.

edit:
next game...
flame imp
turn 2
undertaker, undertaker, coin leper gnome

awesome... the funny thing is I can take out both undertakers but I'm still fucked.

Mixed2k

God so there I was doing my 5 wins hunter quest and this salty as hell warrior adds me just to tell me how much of a loser I am for playing hunter, and only being rank 10. He then immediately deletes me from the friends list.
To be honest that was the easiest quest ever, won 5 games in a row.

Haunted

So I'm planning on saving all my daily gold from now until GvG release and just splurge on packs when it's out. Is this a good idea? Mind you I play pretty sporadically so I dont have all the core expert/classic cards, though I figure if I really need anything specific I need from them I can craft it.
I have almost no dust, so I'm counting on my daily gold to get me the new cards.

Some of the new cards look pretty OP depending on RNG.

I also hope they tone down auctioneer some. Just like make it 3 hp or something. It is crazy that a rogue can draw 12 cards over 2 turns due to prep and conceal etc.. This rogue did almost 27 damage in a single turn from a concealed auctioneer. He turned out to be 4 damage short and I won because of that.

Don't forget about the upcoming Bomb Lobber, heh.

Yeah but it is a 3/3 ><

I'm not sure that card will be used... 3/3 for 5 is really bad after all. It is that kind of card that helps you beat a specific deck but then you suck vs everything else.

Think: buzzard a card engine abandoned at 3/2 for 5, not sure about bomb lobber ever being used seriously.

The flamecannon thing, 2 mana mage spell deals 4 damage to a random enemy. So at least mage has a pretty good tool now, if they need to counter auctioneer.

Bomb Lobber also is horrid against decks that don't use a lot of minions, like Freeze Mage. But, I think the card will see a decent amount of use overall.

True, but it's four damage to anything on the board as well. I can see decks carrying one just in case. It kind of allows a weaker minion to trade up, but that requires your opponent's board to only have one minion the board as well.

Well, I think if the deathrattle meta stays, and that probably depends on whether UT gets nerfed or gets mitigated somehow, you're just as likely to just play a 3/3 that maybe does very little in many match ups.

Volimar

So I'm guessing the packs you get from Arena will only have the normal cards in it and not the expansion? That sucks, because I don't normally open packs, I just save gold and use it in the arena.

So I'm guessing the packs you get from Arena will only have the normal cards in it and not the expansion? That sucks, because I don't normally open packs, I just save gold and use it in the arena.
Arena packs will be new cards, single cards in Arena could still be pre-expansion cards

New INCREDIBLE combo I figured out today with the new set:

Shadow madness + recombobulator

635509705641764510.png

If I am right, and I am fairly certain that I am, when you recombobulate a minion who was shadow madness'd, you keep the new minion permanently.

gutshot

^ What timing!

But yeah, between that combo and the Shrinkmeister+Cabal/Shadow Madness/SW:p combo, Priests look to be getting some crazy good stuff in this expansion.

Yeah, I'm really excited for the new class cards. We've seen a few spells and a couple of minions, and everything seems pretty crazy and is going to allow people to use more play styles / decks. Hopefully the first few weeks, or even month or two, will be a crazy wild west with a lot of interesting things going on!

A man can dream.

On another note, I stumbled across this while looking over the revealed cards for GvG.
From what I found out, it was an early alpha card that turned into Blade Flurry. It was just one of those moments where I thought it was real, went crazy, then realized there was no way it was real. Makes me want to see more cards from the alpha.

Found a card for you Mobius;

Yeah, I'm really excited for the new class cards. We've seen a few spells and a couple of minions, and everything seems pretty crazy and is going to allow people to use more play styles / decks. Hopefully the first few weeks, or even month or two, will be a crazy wild west with a lot of interesting things going on!

A man can dream.

On another note, I stumbled across this while looking over the revealed cards for GvG.

From what I found out, it was an early alpha card that turned into Blade Flurry. It was just one of those moments where I thought it was real, went crazy, then realized there was no way it was real. Makes me want to see more cards from the alpha.

They said that card caused a player to throw their mouse into a wall so they changed it lol

that card was cool. also back then the rogue hero power added 1 damage to a currently equipped weapon. so you could just weapon up for a few times and then double envenom and kill your opponent with a single hit.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Even if some of the new cards we've seen so far are super random, I still see potential uses for them. Except one.

635509716987321881.png

Unless I'm misunderstanding how this works, why the hell would you use this? Maybe if it made the opponent draw I could see a use.

Unless I'm misunderstanding how this works, why the hell would you use this? Maybe if it made the opponent draw I could see a use.

Depends on the Chicken I suppose. As an example, say it's a zero cost 2/2, then it'd probably merit play, but if it's worse than an Angry Chicken, then it'll be pretty bad. I would think you could use it in a low minion deck like Miracle Rogue, but if you get your Auctioneer, you've pretty much killed yourself. It's a Beast though, so maybe it'll get used in Hunter decks!

What'd be really awesome is if it made different chickens depending on the card / cost of the minion you draw. Say you play this and draw your Rag, POOF, and it turns into a Legendary chicken that you can use to high effect. Probably not the case though.

Depends on the Chicken I suppose. As an example, say it's a zero cost 2/2, then it'd probably merit play, but if it's worse than an Angry Chicken, then it'll be pretty bad. I would think you could use it in a low minion deck like Miracle Rogue, but if you get your Auctioneer, you've pretty much killed yourself. It's a Beast though, so maybe it'll get used in Hunter decks!

What'd be really awesome is if it made different chickens depending on the card / cost of the minion you draw. Say you play this and draw your Rag, POOF, and it turns into a Legendary chicken that you can use to high effect. Probably not the case though.

Yeah there could be like a whole set of possible Chicken cards...

Wow... I just had a crazy match vs druid.

He had a turn 1 innervated shade of naxxramas. On turn 7 I had a choice... his shade was already 7/7. I have 25 hp. Do I dagger a 2/3 or do I do something weird and just blade flurry.

I figured if he uses FON + SR I'm gonna be taking at least 10 from the shade. 24 damage total then. It turns out he uses innervate fon + SR and I would have survived by 1 hp but he used his face to remove my last minion, bringing his hp down to 7 (I have 3 on weapon, plus eviscerate in hand). What craziness.

Turn 1 shade into turn 8 FON + SR... and somehow I won.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
How to make a hunter ragequit, part 2:

1. Have Northshire Cleric on board. Hunter plays leper gnome, screaming "HEY, ATTACK ME, IT'S SNAKE TRAP"
2. Play Auchenai Soulpriest and use hero power to kill minions instead.
3. Hunter plays second trap, screaming "FREEEEEZING TRAP"
4. Play wild pyro and use PW:S to kill their board of webspinner and loot hoarder.
5. Tundra Rhino comes out, probably from the webspinner, and uses charge to kill the pyro.
6. Use Cabal Shadow Priest to steal the rhino, then use the rhino to trigger the freezing trap.

it's a 3/2 for 3 that draws a card so there has to be a downside. i guess you could play it in a spell heavy deck but it doesn't seem worth the risk.

there are really just some bad cards in the game and that seems like on of them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The irony is that a spell heavy deck wouldn't want to play some dumpy 3 cost 3/2 that draws a card.

Way to design a card that works against itself Blizzard.

The irony is that a spell heavy deck wouldn't want to play some dumpy 3 cost 3/2 that draws a card.

Way to design a card that works against itself Blizzard.

and the minions you do have are usually important. like miracle rogue and freeze mage. don't want to turn that auctioneer into a chicken.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Maybe Miracle Rogue could run it as a replacement to ERF or something? Could feel really bad if you chickened an auctioneer or something, but if you chicken another Gnomish Experimenter or an SI:7 agent, since it's a free wisp you could use it to make a bigger Van Cleef or trigger a combo. As long as you play it only after you have an auctioneer in your hand it could actually make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom