• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope when we launch on Android, the Amazon App Store is supported. I have so much app credit on Amazon that I will straight up drop $300+ whale levels of fake currency on this bitch.

Any word on how an actual expansion is going to work? Pay option to unlock? Same gold cost for both original and new xpac packs? It looks like there are standard class cards that aren't uncommon/rare/epic/legendary, so how might we go about getting those? I wonder if it will have the same type of disenchant dust.

Same gold cost for both original and new xpac packs? It looks like there are standard class cards that aren't uncommon/rare/epic/legendary, so how might we go about getting those? I wonder if it will have the same type of disenchant dust.
There'll be new packs you can buy directly. You can also craft them right away. So if you have a stockpile of gold/dust you're all set. Arena also only awards GvG cards as well after release.

As for class cards, you'll just get them the same way as normal cards.

gutshot

Just got Holy Fire, Gorehowl and King Krush in the same pack, my best pack yet.

I now have 4 legendaries: Nozdormu, Lorewalker Cho, Harrison and Krush. Should I disenchant them all for two top tier legendaries? If so, which two? Rag and Sylvanas?

ShinNL

Just got Holy Fire, Gorehowl and King Krush in the same pack, my best pack yet.

I now have 4 legendaries: Nozdormu, Lorewalker Cho, Harrison and Krush. Should I disenchant them all for two top tier legendaries? If so, which two? Rag and Sylvanas?
I recommend keeping them. Especially with all the new cards showing up, you'll never know which Legendaries right now might work quite well with them. I can imagine even Nozdormu being crazy if you have something like a Giants Rogue Mill deck (Clockwork Giant & stuff). Mill them to a full hand and them reduce their time to think... ;o

As one of the biggest mass duster, I really really regret my decision. Some cards I've never gotten back I had to craft again. I probably wasted more dust on earlier-DE'd cards than on new cards.

cQfsyMw.png

Meh.
You know, I hate this card so much. I always wanted a good decent neutral healing for Shaman so it's actually viable to play control, but nope, let's give it to 3 specific classes that already have plenty of sustain cards.

kirblar

Currently 4-0 with 2x Tidehunter in Warlock Aggro draft. Is definitely good.

edit: 6-0. This is the dumbest/best Warlock deck I've ever drafted.

You know, I hate this card so much. I always wanted a good decent neutral healing for Shaman so it's actually viable to play control, but nope, let's give it to 3 specific classes that already have plenty of sustain cards.

it seems like a really bad card, though. it's a 2/4 for 3 mana so you kind of want to play it on curve to get the most value since it can kill a 3/2 and survive(also a lot of the new aggressive mech cards have 2 health). but if you're playing it on turn 3 the healing effect is more or less useless. then if you're playing it later in the game you're not doing much to the board for 3 mana.

gutshot

I recommend keeping them. Especially with all the new cards showing up, you'll never know which Legendaries right now might work quite well with them. I can imagine even Nozdormu being crazy if you have something like a Giants Rogue Mill deck (Clockwork Giant & stuff). Mill them to a full hand and them reduce their time to think... ;o

As one of the biggest mass duster, I really really regret my decision. Some cards I've never gotten back I had to craft again. I probably wasted more dust on earlier-DE'd cards than on new cards.

You're right. Probably best to wait at least until the new expansion hits to see which cards become more relevant in the meta. There's also always the outside chance they buff some of the less used legendaries. Thanks!

Xanathus

This is fucking hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxaNWmK5ZMI#t=29

784 damage in one turn. I call staged, but wow.

I don't understand how the Mage got so many Circles of Healing, though? Or how the Priest had so many Clerics out?

All of Hysteria's videos are set up, they're not meant to be real games. The Circles are from Lorewalker Cho and the Clerics are probably from Thoughtstealing a Duplicate secret and duplicating that secret with Cho.

Magnus

All of Hysteria's videos are set up, they're not meant to be real games. The Circles are from Lorewalker Cho and the Clerics are probably from Thoughtstealing a Duplicate secret and duplicating that secret with Cho.

Ah! I didn't see Cho there. Cool!

Special C

Freeze Mages, yeesh.

This match took half an hour, and I had to fight through 5(!!) Molten Giants, a Rag, and Alexstrasza. Finished with full health and 36 armor.

nJrOrq8.png

cvben

I am not sure if its my luck or what, but the last week or so has made it seem clear this game will not hold much fun for a casual player such as myself.

I go into a game and simply wait for whatever miraculous meta level hijinks that my opponent has up their sleeves. For me at least things are seeming more and more pay to win.

I am not sure if its my luck or what, but the last week or so has made it seem clear this game will not hold much fun for a casual player such as myself.

I go into a game and simply wait for whatever miraculous meta level hijinks that my opponent has up their sleeves. For me at least things are seeming more and more pay to win.

I can't remember who said it here, but Hearthstone is a game you have to invest in, either that's going to be money or time.

I honestly don't get posts like yours. If you've ever played a CCG, or even know someone who has, you'll know the people who have been playing longer than you will have bigger collections and generally better cards. That's just the nature of the genre, and Hearthstone's F2P model only makes the gap bigger, because even if you buy cards, you can supplement them with packs bought with gold. This causes players to snowball their collections.

I've been playing since near the end of Beta, never made many challenges for Legend (I got to 2 in August with a few hours per day, that's about it) and my collection is pretty close to full (I've got most of the useful cards, apart from only having one Blade Flurry and no Jaraxxus, but I still play Handlock). I don't have the time to grind for Legend every month so I hover anywhere from 20 to 10 over the course of the month. I'm sorry I stomp the occasional person who is playing with an all-basic deck, but I don't want to stop playing the decks I like either. Sometimes I get beaten by the craziest things, this Aggro Warrior that's been on Ladder lately is something else. First they play their first few turns like a Control Warrior, then it's Upgraded Arcanites to the face till I'm dead. No point getting mad, you'll lose 40% of the time no matter what anyway.

It's up to the indvidual player whether they're cool with this, but don't act surprised when you're getting ROFLstomped by Huntertaker and such when you're trying to make OTK Bloodfen Raptor work or something. As Worf said, "There is nothing more honourable than victory."

inky

No cards in hand, twice as much health than my opponent, 1 4/4 minion for me, none for him. My topdeck: Spiders... His? Ironbark. Cards I didn't draw that would've won me the game: 1 of my 2 Ironbarks, Swipe, Starfire, Argent...

Arena pls.

Oooh a legendary!

It's…the dragon that holds your opponent to 15 seconds….

…which I already have…

ANYWAY.

I've been doing a really good job past few days by focusing on my Rogue deck (since I have two Rogue Quests, CHACHING) and after every loss I revisit the deck, see what works, see what doesn't. Right now I'm three wins deep out of five. I'm going to do this with every class/quest. It's really helping me get a sense of the cards and the classes.

Seems like HS 101 probably, but it's helping me a lot. I'm at Level 22.

So that sweet sweet card back is certainly in my reach.

Lovin it!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Interesting card. Not sure what that might replace in control warrior. Not sure that it could really replace shield block, since the card draw is important. But maybe having more 5 atk minions improves the matchup against priest? Maybe you run one shield maiden and one shield block?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That gnomish lobby.

Anyway I don't know who wants to play this. It's too slow for aggro and competing with legendaries in control.

Any dedicated Warrior players want to weigh in?

ZealousD

That gnomish lobby.

Anyway I don't know who wants to play this. It's too slow for aggro and competing with legendaries in control.

It seems comparable to guardian of kings to me. I think how many control pallies might run 1 GoK and 1 Holy Light, Warrior might run 1 shield block and 1 shieldmaiden? 6 mana is tough, though. Competes with Sylvanas and Cairne.

Haly

It seems comparable to guardian of kings to me.

My first thought as well. Only, Paladin is one of the weakest classes right now for various reasons and I doubt Warrior will ever want to be more like Paladin.

ZealousD

My first thought as well. Only, Paladin is one of the weakest classes right now for various reasons and I doubt Warrior will ever want to be more like Paladin.

Its probably better than GoK, though. For one less mana its only one less hp and one less health to your hero, but armor is also better than health.

Haly

I think the versatility of healing minions is overlooked.

But that's probably because I have more experience with Pally in Arena than in Constructed, where +6 HP is god damn useless.

Next card has been unveiled(would have rather seen the Goblin card)

18ix0kbjbud806lxknun599ko6l4z8-full.png

2x Shieldmaiden and 2x Shield Block = 20 armor gained from 4 cards in addition two summoning two 5/5 minions and drawing two cards. Seems like these could be feasible in a control Warrior that has a need for more armor. Not a great card, but certainly should have some use. Also... now Warriors can gain 10 armor in one turn (1x Shield Block [3 mana] and 1x Shieldmaiden [6 mana]) even if they already blew a Shield Block and still have 1 mana leftover for Shield Slam.

Xanathus

Warriors don't need more armor giving cards unless there are more cards that use armor.

Oooh what about a spell that does damage randomly like Arcane Missiles equal to your armor, but it only hits minions.

ZealousD

I think the versatility of healing minions is overlooked.

But that's probably because I have more experience with Pally in Arena than in Constructed, where +6 HP is god damn useless.

If 6hp was useless, handlock and miracle rogue wouldn't be running 2x ERFs.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I have played a shit load of control warrior and it is by far my favorite deck. This new card isn't amazing but... its not unplayable. In an aggressive meta, I would experiment with playing this instead of Cairne.

Cairne is more 'powerful' but also really slow and hunter/zoo/undertaker decks just ignore cairne and go face. And by the time Baine matters, you or they have already won the game. Shield Maiden will have a similar board impact against aggro but also gain 5 life which is more meaningful in the short term and could be useful in those matchups.

Cairne's 4 damage can also often be a real problem sometimes. Can't punch through sludge belchers, loathebs, ancient of lores, or highmanes, auchenai's, injured blademasters that have been healed once, and so on

Can't see playing 2 though.

given how fucking amazing bouncing blade is I guess every warrior card can't be the best ever.

That gnomish lobby.

Wouldn't trade it for Sylvanas or Cairne personally. It would be decent in slowing down aggro since it has an immediate effect unlike Cairne and Sylvanas and it's essentially a heal. However, if the meta keeps going the route of control, I don't see how it could replace those two. I would experiment with it but it's too costly for what it offers. Would be better at 5 mana.

The new warrior cards looks alright. Nothing exciting but better than guardian of kings at least, not even by a small margin. You pay 3 more mana for a 5/5 instead of card draw compared to shield block.

I don't see what the fuss is on some sites saying it is unplayable at 6 mana but the bees knees at 5 mana. Sure, it is better at 5 mana. But still very playable at 6. If you want to make your deck better vs midrange and quicker decks, this is better than a slower card like cairne. And even in control match ups cairne is often silenced anyway. The armor matters less in some control match ups though.

I think adding more healing to warrior is making the deck more versatile by allowing them to bounce back from poor starts better. We'll have to see how this all works out. I think warrior can use more bodies and less reliance on spells anyway. People really love that standard control warrior build though so on that basis alone people might not use it.

Wouldn't trade it for Sylvanas or Cairne personally. It would be decent in slowing down aggro since it has an immediate effect unlike Cairne and Sylvanas and it's essentially a heal. However, if the meta keeps going the route of control, I don't see how it could replace those two. I would experiment with it but it's too costly for what it offers. Would be better at 5 mana.

Keeps going the route of control? Before naxxramas, people were claiming it was slowing down. But it actually sped up imo. And then after the UTH people claimed it was gonna be a control fest. Then it even became more aggro oriented.

Haly

They're also both "health as resource" decks.

Warrior, though they use weapons, is straight up loaded with "healing".

Flame cannon I suspect will be pretty good. It is stronger early game and weaker later game. Gonna be acceptable to counter all the 4hp minions like the spider tank or dark cultist. Not gonna be a huge deal though in that alone because it really only saves them 1 mana due to hero power + frost bolt = 4 damage, which is a quicker game really does matter. The bigger part is that you don't even have to use frost bolt and can save that for other uses.

I find it funny the new warrior minion is 6 mana (understandably) yet Loatheb is still 5 mana.

Why is that? Stranglethorn is a 5/5 for 5 too. Sometimes I even play loatheb like a quasi-stranglethorn tiger. In those cases an actual stranglethorn tiger would be better since it cannot be hit by minions as well as spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom