• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
dKVtPXq.jpg

Not really sure what to make of this card. It's like a weird combination of gnomish inventor and coldlight oracle. Kneejerk reactions on Facebook are that it's a buff to zoo, but I don't quite think so, the stats are pretty garbage and the warlock actually wants an empty hand. Might be used more often in super aggressive non-warlock decks like aggro mage or aggro paladin?

Not really sure what to make of this card. It's like a weird combination of gnomish inventor and coldlight oracle. Kneejerk reactions on Facebook are that it's a buff to zoo, but I don't quite think so, the stats are pretty garbage and the warlock actually wants an empty hand. Might be used more often in super aggressive non-warlock decks like aggro mage or aggro paladin?

Junk card. Won't be played much, maybe in non-Warlock Zoo decks... Shockadin for example.

ShinNL

LOL, that would be the most awesome Mill finisher if you can pull it off (make them spend all their cards except for 2) :D Jeeves + conceal = trololol

ZealousD

Don't understand why people are saying that Jeeves is going to be used in Mill decks. Unless your opponent is in fatigue mode with less than 3 cards in hand it's not going to do anything.

Actually, that's a pretty awesome finisher since it can't be stopped, but it'll also be hard to pull off. Just have to make sure it doesn't happen to you!

He's also a half decent card to top deck since you'll get three cards for your next turn if you have nothing else.

Don't understand why people are saying that Jeeves is going to be used in Mill decks. Unless your opponent is in fatigue mode with less than 3 cards in hand it's not going to do anything.

Exactly, people are completely misunderstanding the card. Jeeves fills your hand to the point where you have three cards. If you have three cards, it does nothing

Actually, that's a pretty awesome finisher since it can't be stopped, but it'll also be hard to pull off. Just have to make sure it doesn't happen to you!

He's also a half decent card to top deck since you'll get three cards for your next turn if you have nothing else.

Extremely situational, so basically worthless

If you are running a mill deck and your opponent has less than three cards you've probably already lost... Or at least you sure aren't doing a good job milling them.

Extremely situational, so basically worthless
There's also the chance that this will allow other classes to try zoo type decks as well. It could allow for other interesting decks as well, just have to play with it first.

I think it could be good if you play a mech deck that can empty the it hand with it. You could play a Mechwarper, Jeeves, and a Micromachine on turn five, then you fill your hand back up to four cards on the next turn.

There's also the chance that this will allow other classes to try zoo type decks as well. It could allow for other interesting decks as well, just have to play with it first.

I think it could be good if you play a mech deck that can empty the it hand with it. You could play a Mechwarper, Jeeves, and a Micromachine on turn five, then you fill your hand back up to four cards on the next turn.

You literally just outlined the most ideal scenario for the card, damn near every card can be playable under the most ideal scenario. The vast majority of the time it's just a bad card

Well if you get 2 cards off it, its like an arcane intellect plus a 1/4 for 1 mana.

Lets say your opponent has more than 3 cards already. If your opponent removes it, they don't benefit. If they don't, you can continue drawing cards off it and probably win at that point.

ZealousD

Well if you get 2 cards off it, its like an arcane intellect plus a 1/4 for 1 mana.

Right, so you basically have to be running a deck that tries to empty their hand as soon as possible, that's not zoolock. So something like Shockadin, for example. Most decks do not want to be operating at one-two cards in hand.

You literally just outlined the most ideal scenario for the card, damn near every card can be playable under the most ideal scenario. The vast majority of the time it's just a bad card
I guess I'm just thinking that it'd be easy to play a deck with these, as ZealousD has said, based on emptying the hand. It's almost a Divine Favor or Arcane Intellect, just with a hard constraint. Maybe that'll make it terrible, we won't know until it's all released into the wild.

Should add, I thought the cost was three mana, not four. Pretty big difference there.

The closest card I can think of to Jeeves is Silverback Patriarch... Which costs one less mana, has Taunt, and is considered a terrible card. Jeeves only upside is if you are already in a bad situation (low on cards) you may be able to draw 1-3 cards.

Imagine turn 4 you play Jeeves and draw a card... Then your opponent plays a Yeti. I don't think your one card drawn is worth the horrible tempo. Anyway, I am just very skeptical of Jeeves except in a few very specific decks, the only one coming to mind right bow being Shockadin.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
It seems... terrible

I might be willing to try it in aggro warrior but the loss of tempo for card draw is just too extreme. I'm really struggling to think of a deck that both:
1. Empties its hand such that this draws a bunch of cards
2. Can afford the tempo loss of playing a 4 mana creature with 1 attack

The two requirements of this card are at such counter purposes that I'm not seeing it.

edit: shockadin already has divine favor which is way better

I think it has a use in Shockadin. If they don't get those Divine Favor they're dead in the water. This gives them two more decent means of card draw. I'd try running two of these with two Divine Favor.

Dreavus

I wonder if that card just kills you when you're down to 2 cards in hand/deck. I mean, you're supposed to draw until you have 3, but "drawing" hurts you instead, and you still haven't reached 3 cards so go ahead and draw again... etc.

I wonder if that card just kills you when you're down to 2 cards in hand/deck. I mean, you're supposed to draw until you have 3, but "drawing" hurts you instead, and you still haven't reached 3 cards so go ahead and draw again... etc.

Couldn't possibly work that way because, since you can overdraw even beyond negative health, you'd basically be in an infinite draw loop. My guess is it just acts as a "draw three cards" command.

Dreavus

Couldn't possibly work that way because, since you can overdraw even beyond negative health, you'd basically be in an infinite draw loop. My guess is it just acts as a "draw three cards" command.

You're probably right, but that would be kind of awesome. Bonus points for having your hero portrait implode on itself as it skirts along the Jeeves event horizon.

For fatigue purposes, it will only draw up to 3 cards

It seems... terrible

I might be willing to try it in aggro warrior but the loss of tempo for card draw is just too extreme. I'm really struggling to think of a deck that both:
1. Empties its hand such that this draws a bunch of cards
2. Can afford the tempo loss of playing a 4 mana creature with 1 attack

The two requirements of this card are at such counter purposes that I'm not seeing it.

Well gnomish inventor is still a pretty good deal and is only 1 attack more.

Haunted

That gnomish lobby.

Anyway I don't know who wants to play this. It's too slow for aggro and competing with legendaries in control.

Any dedicated Warrior players want to weigh in?
I'd run it. I can see it replacing a Loatheb or Harrison. I think it'd be a no-brainer at 5 mana, but it's true that the 6 slot is already really competitive with Cairne, Sylvanas and Black Knight (none of which I'd really want to get rid of...).

They're all really good cards, I'll definitely include Shieldmaiden when I get her to test whether she can make an impact.

Haunted

Jeeves means the end of topdeck wars? :eek:

I certainly wouldn't want to kill it off if my opponent plays it when we're both in topdeck mode. :p

It does seem like it has application in Zoo. Even if I discard 2 cards because a Doomguard was in those 3 cards, it's seems still worth around turn 4-5, when you've first dumped your hand.

edit: I do admit that it's 1) situational and 2) pretty slow for Zoo

ZealousD

For fatigue purposes, it will only draw up to 3 cards

How certain are we of this? Generally I find that the card text Blizzard chooses tends to be as literal as possible. For example, Baron Rivendare activates Deathrattles twice (not doubles) and Lightspawn always has his attack equal to his health.

I think if Jeeves worked by drawing "up to" 3 cards, it would say that.

How certain are we of this? Generally I find that the card text Blizzard chooses tends to be as literal as possible. For example, Baron Rivendare activates Deathrattles twice (not doubles) and Lightspawn always has his attack equal to his health.

A video was posted a page or so back of someone drawing 780+ cards in one turn. The game didn't end until all the cards were drawn. In the case of Jeeves, if you kept drawing until you had three cards in-hand but there weren't three cards in your deck, you'd just keep drawing... Forever. Seems like that'd be a pretty game-breaking glitch and so I think it's safe to assume they will cut it off at three draws.

I think flamecannon is gonna be pretty beastly in mage. I mean, combo that with spell power and we're talking about taking out removing many 4-7 mana minions for only 2 mana.

I got my answer from reading ben brode's twitter response feed. Mechanically it determines the amount of cards you need to fill up to 3 and then draws them. https://twitter.com/bdbrode/status/533426780200509440

caesar

Banned
I'd run it. I can see it replacing a Loatheb or Harrison. I think it'd be a no-brainer at 5 mana, but it's true that the 6 slot is already really competitive with Cairne, Sylvanas and Black Knight (none of which I'd really want to get rid of...).

They're all really good cards, I'll definitely include Shieldmaiden when I get her to test whether she can make an impact.

Why would you ever replace Loatheb?

Least favorite thing now in this game is how everyone goes for the face. Mage, Hunter, Druid, Warlock, Shaman, and Rogue are all being rewarded for just skipping the board and going for the face. If you put up a taunt, they have a way to get past it.

Least favorite thing now in this game is how everyone goes for the face. Mage, Hunter, Druid, Warlock, Shaman, and Rogue are all being rewarded for just skipping the board and going for the face. If you put up a taunt, they have a way to get past it.

This is simply because time is gold. If Blizzard changes that we might see some more control decks.

Im not gonna waste 20 minutes doing 1 match while i can do 3-4 and maybe lose 1 or 2 in that same period. its a waste of time.

Least favorite thing now in this game is how everyone goes for the face.
Allegedly Legend ranks are more interesting. People play decks that give then the most stars per hour. Win or lose it's about fast games. However, I believe once you're in Legend, you can't fall out, so people try more things. Never been so I can't talk from experience.

However, I agree with you in the sense I'd rather see more interesting plays, combos, and smart card synergy than just face rush. However, stuff like that is not only hard to do, but also don't have a high win rate, so most people aren't going to play decks like that.

ShinNL

Another player to the wall of shame list :)

Hunter rushing me down because I'm in Shadowform. Pretaunts with Well Played. Then Alexstrasza happens. Then I win and respond with Well Played.

Volimar

Yeah Trump is fine for new players to learn but if you want high-level analysis and plays you need to watch streams from the EU players like Kolento, Neirea, Sjow, and a bunch of other players I'm blanking on.

Who would you say is best in regards to explaining their playmaking decisions?

Xanathus

Who would you say is best in regards to explaining their playmaking decisions?

Technically that would be Trump especially when he's making a video for his youtube, but players like Kolento make better predictions and thinks farther ahead but they may not explain every one of their moves because they're not really trying to go for an educational stream. Basically if you want explanations of decisions then Trump is better but if you don't need basic explanations and want higher skilled play than Kolento is better.

Volimar

Technically that would be Trump especially when he's making a video for his youtube, but players like Kolento make better predictions and thinks farther ahead but they may not explain every one of their moves because they're not really trying to go for an educational stream. Basically if you want explanations of decisions then Trump is better but if you don't need basic explanations and want higher skilled play than Kolento is better.

Yeah I already follow Trump. My problem with Kolento is that when he throws a game by making a decision, he often doesn't explain why he did that instead of a more obvious play that wouldn't have resulted in a loss, at least not in the same way. I get when he's playing around stuff, I just wish he did a better job of, I don't know, justifying his moves when they're more unconventional. Not trying to throw shade at Kolento, he's leagues better than I am. It's just weird when he loses and you think "Well why didn't he just do this?"

Btw, Hafu is usually pretty good at explaining her arena picks etc. and she differs a bit from what she values from Trump, so if people are looking for an alternative, I'd recommend giving her streams a shot.

ZealousD

So sorta just getting REALLY into this game due to wow downtime lol. So is that $19.99 naxxramas worth getting?

If you spend any money at all on Hearthstone, spend it on Naxx first.

And yes, it's absolutely worth getting. Many of the cards you get from Naxx are super important.

So sorta just getting REALLY into this game due to wow downtime lol. So is that $19.99 naxxramas worth getting?

the actual content isn't great but each wing has at least one really good to amazing card in it. if you plan to keep playing it's something you will definitely need to do eventually.

if you're new i'd still probably recommend playing a lot of arena and earning gold and getting a better feel for all the cards and classes before you decide to spend real money on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom