• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

Fel Cannon pretty much has to be random. When would they give you the opportunity to choose even if it wasn't? During your turn? After pressing end turn? What does the UI for that look like?

I think purposefully activated abilities are a design space they aren't ready to enter quite yet with Hearthstone.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Fel Cannon pretty much has to be random. When would they give you the opportunity to choose even if it wasn't? During your turn? After pressing end turn? What does the UI for that look like?

I think purposefully activated abilities are a design space they aren't ready to enter quite yet with Hearthstone.
I was really hoping for activated abilities in the first expansion but it seems we're still a long ways off from that :(

I don't think its that hard from a UI standpoint, you just add a pressable button on/underneath the minion. If its targeted, then pressing the button gives you the targeting arrow that you can cancel just like a battlecry.

gutshot

I've created a Hearthstone collection tracking spreadsheet. It is based off of a similar sheet I found on Reddit, only I cleaned it up a bit and made it easier to use and read.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p94gq_GGTw8L1MeyBOCwoGu6nsjcGP8W_U9vsL8hTLQ/edit?usp=sharing

To use, just download it or make a copy into your own Google Docs account. Then start filling in all the cards you have, up to 2 for commons, rares, and epics and 1 for the legendaries. Once it's all filled in, the spreadsheet will give you some details on your collection including how complete it is, how much dust you would need to craft the missing cards, etc. For example, my current collection is 51.66% complete and I would need 87,040 dust to complete it. (Gulp.)

I'd like to add support for golden cards next. And then maybe the ability to add more than 2 copies of cards. Then you could get an accurate assessment of how much dust your current collection is worth.

Try it out and let me know if you find any inaccuracies. Thanks!

Special C

The key part about Fel Cannon is it's at the END of your turn and not the beginning like demolisher. Its a great play if you have an empty board.

That new druid card is an insta-draft in arena. I can't think of any 2-drop I'd rather pick.

egruntz

shelaughz
The key part about Fel Cannon is it's at the END of your turn and not the beginning like demolisher. Its a great play if you have an empty board.

That's a very good point. Didn't quite register that.

And it specifies "minion", so there's no chance of it hitting the enemy hero instead of that 2 health minion they just played the turn prior. Could definitely be useful. It's just a weird card to see for Warlock, specifically, since there's hardly an element of sacrifice to it. Its effects sound more like a neutral card.

I've created a Hearthstone collection tracking spreadsheet. It is based off of a similar sheet I found on Reddit, only I cleaned it up a bit and made it easier to use and read.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p94gq_GGTw8L1MeyBOCwoGu6nsjcGP8W_U9vsL8hTLQ/edit?usp=sharing

To use, just download it or make a copy into your own Google Docs account. Then start filling in all the cards you have, up to 2 for commons, rares, and epics and 1 for the legendaries. Once it's all filled in, the spreadsheet will give you some details on your collection including how complete it is, how much dust you would need to craft the missing cards, etc. For example, my current collection is 51.66% complete and I would need 87,040 dust to complete it. (Gulp.)

I'd like to add support for golden cards next. And then maybe the ability to add more than 2 copies of cards. Then you could get an accurate assessment of how much dust your current collection is worth.

Awesome, thank you!

wait is this real?

TwvixCw.jpg

egruntz

shelaughz
I really hope it's another trap, honestly..

Agreed. Explosive Trap has become more and more risky to use with the additions of cards like Nerubian Egg. Misdirection has never really had much viability to it. Snipe is too easy to test against/waste (I hate when it gets used on Argent Squire, ugh). Freeze Trap and Snake Trap remain to be the only good secrets available to Hunter, but mostly for completely different types of decks.

Would love to see something like this:

Ice Trap
When an enemy minion attacks, freeze that minion and all adjacent minions.

or maybe

Frenzy or The Beast Within
When one of your minions is attacked, give that minion +2/+2.

Nice. I'm 92.79% complete but 34780 dust away. I remember somebody here managed to get them all and the achievement for it.

slayn

cool, I'm at:
480 of 513 Cards Collected Est. Packs Needed: 311
Percent Complete 93.57% Est. Real World $ Needed: $389.06
Dust Needed 24900 Est. Days of Grinding Gold: 444.64

That is a lot more dust than I was expecting but apparently I'm missing a lot more epics than I realize. It's just all stuff like bestial wrath and twisting nether that I don't care about

gutshot

Yeah, it's crazy to think how much dust you need to make a complete collection. The missing epics and legendaries really start adding up. And of course, you would need a metric TON of dust to craft a complete golden collection. Doubt any of us are even close to that, although Kripp might be...

Slashlen

334 of 513, 65.11%
Need 80600 dust, or 1008 packs.
Days of gold grinding: 1439.29.

I got a ways to go. At least we got an expansion coming to lower my percentage even more.

494 of 513, 96.30%. Need 17.680 dust, 221 packs, $276.26, 351.71 days of grinding gold. Most of the cards I'm missing are useless legendaries I've never crafted (Lorewalker Cho, ETC, Nozdormu, etc.), or legendaries I dusted because they are bad and I needed the dust or were nerfed (Millhouse, Nat Pagle, Tinkmaster, etc)

Kettch

497 of 513 Cards Collected
Percent Complete 96.88%
Dust Needed 20800

And I have 16,305 dust. So almost there. Not bad for completely free to play. Only taken 2783 arena wins so far. :p

Missing 4 epics (Preparation, Patient Assassinx2, Far Sight) and 12 legendaries. Mostly useless ones though.

EDIT:
Gold card progress:
155 of 513 Cards Collected
Percent Complete 30.21%
Dust Needed 334400

Yeah, that's not happening.

For some reason almost all of my gold cards are class cards (129 v 36). I guess you get them as arena rewards more often than neutrals? Since most of them are from 9+ win arenas.

For some reason almost all of my gold cards are class cards (129 v 36). I guess you get them as arena rewards more often than neutrals? Since most of them are from 9+ win arenas.

What's weirder is getting duplicate gold cards. I have three golden nourish and three gold demolishers. A bunch of other double gold commons. Meanwhile there's like 440 cards I don't even have a single golden for.

slayn

It's a good 2 drop but nowhere near the best.

In constructed, the best 2 drops have extreme utility like protector, pyro, knife juggler, mad scientist, etc. Even in today's druid savage roar decks you would prefer haunted creeper/echoing ooze. But if there is a mech druid deck this may be a solid component.

Where it will really shine is arena. A solid, common, adaptable 2 drop is fantastic. This guy will be a very high pick in arena.

Yeah, it doesn't really do enough to be the best 2 drop. It is solid though.

Even unstable ghoul has a leg up on it in some respects. The versatility is nice, but I am betting most of the time you'll be going for a 2/3 anyway since it'll trade up against cards like leper gnome.

New Paladin card revealed on Mexican gaming site:

299227_480x670.jpg

Cobalt Guardian
Whenever you summon a mech, give it Divine Shield.

Seems weak to me. The health is just too low and can die from a damn 2-drop. The cost is high enough that you probably cannot summon more than 1 or 2 low-cost Mech minions anyway before the end of the turn. EDIT: Whoops, this was what I thought if it gave your other Mechs Divine Shield.

Typing the text into Google Translate, it says that "Each time you Summon a Mech, obtain Divine Shield."

Soooo this makes it much better in my opinion. Now it's a 6/3 with Divine Shield for 5 mana if you summon a Mech... and you can keep adding Shield to it. This makes it playable in my opinion.

I think for a 5 drop its stats and ability are acceptable. It is gonna trade even with many minions even without the shield benefit. And since you can give it divine shield, attack and then give it divine shield again, I think it has potential. Depends on what else paladin gets on whether this means they'll be a good class or not though.

inky

Great, thank you. I think that's better than the alternative, and explains the low health.

Actually, I think I'm wrong. It's a bit ambiguous and I thought that when I first read it, but now I'm not so sure. It's a sad day when I can't even understand my native tongue properly ;P

I'm pretty sure it is the Cobalt Guardian that gains Divine Shield... although the artwork makes me think otherwise.

Quick, someone get Spanish-speaking GAF in here.

inky

Quick, someone get Spanish-speaking GAF in here.

I'm Spanish-speaking GAF ;P

I thought the same when I read it. Obtiene means "gets", but the construction of the phrase could mean either the Cobalt Guardian or the Mech could "get" the DS. As it is not specified, grammatically it makes a bit more sense that it is the Mech who gets the shield.

The site where this card came from says it's the mech that gets it, so that's why I'm not so sure now.

Leezard

All right. I think that the stats on the Cobalt Guardian implies it will get the shield, as a support-oriented card should have more health and less attack. We wlil only know for sure once we see the English version of the card, I guess.

ViviOggi

inb4 English version is just as ambiguous

My bet is that it's a literal translation of "obtain Divine Shield" and the Guardian gets it.

So, in this case, does it have Divine Shield as soon as you play it since you just summoned a Mech? I'm guessing not, but that'd actually make it pretty good if on turn 5 you can play it with a Divine Shield activated.

slayn

I still think it looks kind of bad if its the one that gets divine shield. Its a 5 drop that is basically unplayable on 5. Would you really play this over loatheb/belcher? It doesn't have taunt, so you don't have to attack into its shield.

I look at is as kinda like a 6/5 for 5 but requires a combo to get. Which I would not play.

edit: I'm assuming it doesn't start with divine shield. If it does then its good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom