• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My plan was to save up my dust to make select commons and rares. But I decided to make harrison jones, probably the last card I make before GVG releases. I don't mind dusting crap cards from the base set so I'll still be able to craft cards if I want. Because all my gold is going towards arena if I can resist the temptation of buying packs directly.

Ah no that's fine, thanks for the info. I was curious because my minion curve doesn't start that early and I rely quite heavily on clears, since I really lack board presence for like the first 4 turns.

Maybe I should be less greedy myself because I know my deck can make a Warlock in Jaraxxus mode go into fatigue with 10 cards left in his deck, but really, how many times does that happen? But it's just so awesome to slam big creatures one after another.

My end game isn't amazing tbh. It is kind of like a midrange control deck. I could put more offensive things in the deck, but I feel like I am doing well enough with the deck that I don't need it yet.

I don't even have many big minions. My "big guys" are: tirion, kelthuzad, 1 guardian of kings (I've run 2 in the past but it is hard to get much value out of 2. Thats it lol... You can probably imagine why my games last forever. Most of the match I am just maximizing value out of every card if I am at high hp or putting enough pressure through hitting hero power as much as possible. If we're about even on board, I usually play cards 2 turns off curve just so I can hero power more. And most of my cards are meant to bait out hex/silence/poly/black knight so tirion is a surefire win.

Slashlen

So you guys saving money to straight up buy expansion packs or doing arena? Will we be able to choose what pack we get from arena?

For me it depends on when the expansion actually comes out. I have some vacation in December, so I'll have time to actually grind arena. If it's after the new year, probably a bunch of packs.

Arena will now drop the new packs instead of the old.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Buying 160 packs

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I'll probably have around 1500 gold at that point. I'll drop all my gold and $50 and see where that takes me.

inky

Same thing I've always done: spend my gold in Arena. I play every now and then, and I reroll quests as I get them. Gold tends to accumulate pretty nice for me. If I get to like 4k+ again (like with Naxx) I might buy 5-10 packs or something, but no more than that.

Not saving my gold, just blowing it on Arena runs right now. I do have >7,000 dust though so that gives me some room to pick-up must-haves for my Shaman and Priest decks.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So you guys saving money to straight up buy expansion packs or doing arena? Will we be able to choose what pack we get from arena?

Im saving gold and then im gonna buy 40 card packs.
Whales gonna whale i guess.

* Whale sound *

ViviOggi

I can't keep myself from rage-buying packs every once in a while even though I have almost all playable cards so I'll have to work in arena.

gutshot

New card:

sthgEZC.png

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...rst-expansion-revealed-goblins-vs-gnomes.aspx

Xanathus

The shitty stats on it make it unplayable for 5 mana, even face hunters would laugh at seeing it played because it wouldn't be able to trade with anything. It's a 5 mana minion with the stats of a 3 mana minion, that's incredibly terrible. The only way this would be salvageable is if the heal could be targeted or even targeted at either hero which would make it an auto-include in priest decks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What kind of deck would run a card like that? Its a lot of healing but that's also a lot of mana spent for very little board control. It might be a counter card to hyper aggressive decks to make them run out of gas, but I don't see how it works within a particular deck's gameplan.

ShinNL

I love it, woohoo!

You peasants won't understand until you face the mighty Molten Molten that-card Argus combo and #getrekt

gutshot

You are basically paying 2 mana for 5 more health compared to ERF. Plus you can't target it so no healing up your minions and no Auchenai synergy. No thanks.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Kind of bad. Could be tried in some kind of combo shaman maybe.

The problem is the 5 mana. Because yeah you heal for a bunch but you aren't going to have the mana left over to deal with what probably just did 5-8 damage to you. And 5 mana buy a turn is a terrible ice block.

The paladin/druid healing spells are good because they are cheap enough to play them and do something else at the same time.

You also have to consider how much life damage another creature would absorb. Like if sludge belcher doesn't get black knighted or something and your opponent has to attack into it, then sludge belcher gained you 7-10 health with a ridiculously better body.

Whereas with, say, healing touch, no 3 mana minion is going to absorb 8 damage.

It'll go great in a joke Healadin deck. Could see mild use in Arena.

Constructed: 2/10
Arena: 4/10

P.S. I'm gonna start giving numerical ratings out of 10 for all the new card reveals just so I can look back in a few months and realize how terrible my estimations were.

31 v 69, kind of crazy. Going to be sad if it's a Paladin card, since we just got one, unless if it's awesome.

Though, if it is a paladin card, then it kind of confirms that each weapon class got a new one. Warriors got the Warmaul which was the first tip, and this looks like the second.

Just realized, what if a Mage gets a Eaglehorn bow, and they're playing a secrets deck? It's the new dream!

The heal on that guy really is a lot though to be fair.

It is like casting a lay on hands that instead of costing 8 mana costs 5 but summons a 3/3 instead of drawing.
this is a joke comparison

I dunno, the stats say bad but the heal is premium. 8 health in some match ups can mark almost guaranteed win when timed right. I like the illuminator much more though.

edit:
So lets say you're not running wild pyro, you may take this over a pure heal spell like holy light or healing touch.

Actually I think this card has more potential then first glance. It is like a neutral healing touch that for 2 more mana gives you a 3/3.

ZealousD

there are already too many good 5 drops

No there isn't. Just that we have ENOUGH multipurpose 5 drops that are better than this one. The 5 drop slot still isn't as good as 4 or 6. Sludge Belcher and Loatheb helped tremendously but they're still nearly alone.

Kettch

Eh, I think you guys are underestimating a big neutral heal like that. You have no idea how many times my Shaman has wished for just 1 life more against hunters, let alone 8. If we get back into that meta again, it could see a lot of use. Against everyone else, you'd rather have a sludge belcher of course, but...fuck hunters.

Dreavus

It's kind of like bundling a farseer body with a healing touch into 1 card. Card-wise it's a decent deal but it's in kind of a bad spot on the curve. Definitely a card you'd want to play later in the game, along with something else. As someone mentioned, just by being a neutral heal it could see some play depending on what kind of decks we see.

rac

Banned
I just had to do the 6 win hunter quest and I have to say I just hate playing the undertaker deck. How is that shit even fun for anyone?

Also that druid card looks cool as fuck.

Xanathus

That's pretty great, but I guess you'll have to cut out Sword of Justice or Truesilver to put that in because you run the risk of having too many weapons.

edit: also sucks that it's an Epic rarity which means you won't see it often in arena, and it seems like a card that would be best in arena

ZealousD

And here's the new card revealed today:

You can turn a yeti into a sunwalker!

I could see the use, but a 2/3 weapon plus the battlecry means this card doesn't know if its a late game or an early game card.

2 damage is important because a lot of the new aggressive cards have 2 health. this is seems like a good anti aggro card similar to fiery war ax but with a distictly paladin twist.

gutshot

That's pretty great, but I guess you'll have to cut out Sword of Justice or Truesilver to put that in because you run the risk of having too many weapons.

edit: also sucks that it's an Epic rarity which means you won't see it often in arena, and it seems like a card that would be best in arena

Plus Muster for Battle now as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom