• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

I think it's an OK card. Lets you deal with a lot of stuff early and keep a minion on board should you have one. You can combo it later, although at that point the weapon value is reduced. Probably better in arena tho.

I like the paladin weapon. I can probably drop a few taunts and put in stronger minions due to it. Perhaps replacing sludge belcher with spectral knight to make a 4/6 taunt with divine shield who is only vulnerable to silence and indirect spells. Perhaps replacing shieldmasta with chillwind yeti or a solid 4 drop mech card.

The more I force out of my opponent early on, the more likely I can leap far ahead in the mid-late game.

I think it's an OK card. Lets you deals with a lot of stuff early and keep a minion on board should you have one. You can combo it later, although at that point the weapon value is reduced. Probably better in arena tho.

I don't think its value is reduced later on since you've 3 charges out of the damn thing. That means 3 more taunts than you would otherwise have. You'll always have a target because of hero power. It is like annoyotron x3.

That's pretty great, but I guess you'll have to cut out Sword of Justice or Truesilver to put that in because you run the risk of having too many weapons.

edit: also sucks that it's an Epic rarity which means you won't see it often in arena, and it seems like a card that would be best in arena

I don't think I'd cut truesilver champion for it. Control paladin matches are long enough that I can get value out of both.

But I sword of justice... I don't use that.

inky

I don't think its value is reduced later on since you've 3 charges out of the damn thing. That means 3 more taunts than you would otherwise have. You'll always have a target because of hero power. It is like annoyotron x3.

It's a Battlecry. I don't think that means it's got charges like SoJ does it?

As for Coghammer, it's a decent card which would be much better in arena (too bad it's an epic). I can see one being run in constructed with turn two Ancient Watcher, turn three Coghammer being the dream.

Skux

New weapon is amazing and gives you another high value target that will either force a removal spell or buy you turns to get to mid/late game. The only downside is the random factor but that is relatively easy to control.

You can also use Pyromancer-Coghammer-Equality to ensure that one minion survives the board clear.

New weapon is amazing and gives you another high value target that will either force a removal spell or buy you turns to get to mid/late game. The only downside is the random factor but that is relatively easy to control.

You can also use Pyromancer-Coghammer-Equality to ensure that one minion survives the board clear.

hmm. it'll also clear the second half of belcher

inky

As for Coghammer, it's a decent card which would be much better in arena (too bad it's an epic). I can see one being run in constructed with turn two Ancient Watcher, turn three Coghammer being the dream.

That's a good combo. Should stop zoo in its tracks.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
not sure how I feel about the new weapon. It has a good power level to it, but will be hard to play on 3 and because you will be running 2 truesilver, 2 muster, this would make 5-6 weapons which is probably too heavy on weapons for a class without a healing hero power.

2 muster is a lock in my mind. But maybe you can cut truesilver for this. Moving the paladin weapons to 3 mana let's you have a better curve since you won't be so loaded on 4.

I think truesilver is the better card, but this new card might just fit into decks better.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Most boring classes in the game zzz we just had a Druid card too

I like the stag's art though
eh, I think hunter is a potentially fascinating class if they can add enough cards to slant it into a more control archetype. So even though I hate current hunter its one of the classes whose cards I'm most interested in in the hopes that all of them try to point hunter in a new direction.

also fuck druid ;)

Wonder if Gaz'Rilla is going to be a legendary highmane. In Warcraft they'd spilt up into smaller minions but in WoW he'd freeze people. Hope it's more interesting than not.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't see Muster for Battle and Coghammer fitting into the same decks. Truesilver is too good to cut and trying to put both in gives you too many weapons.

inky

Aww man, can't believe I went 2-3 with this. It was so much fun (not pictured, 2 cold bloods, 1 Backstab, 1 Shadowstep):

fh8lOCb.png

I needed another Auctioneer to make it work. Before that I went 10-3 with some unremarkable Druid deck instead =/

ViviOggi

Turn 6 Auctioneer Conceal Prep Fan Prep Shiv with a Thalnos on the board

50-50 Brawl misses of course

Farseer, SI:7 and 2nd Conceal on turn 7

Don't draw a single weapon the entire game

This is coming off a match vs a Priest who Thoughtstole a Grommash who survived a 20% Brawl, next turn played his second Thoughtsteal and got my only Ghoul and the one Acolyte of Pain left

Waste of fucking time

I think it will greatly depend on the new rogue spells and legendary and the rest of the neutral mechs. I so badly want a non-miracle rogue deck that works. that's what I played the most before they nerfed all the cards that made it viable.

jblank83

I don't think I'd cut truesilver champion for it. Control paladin matches are long enough that I can get value out of both.

But I sword of justice... I don't use that.

Few people do. It's very slow, although it can get great value.

Coghammer is nice. It's a Stormforged Axe with an added benefit. Divine Shield can be used offensively as well. Pretty good.

I'm not sure what to think of the rogue card. The stats are kinda weak and it won't let you trade up that turn. Assuming it brings 4/4 stats to the board, for 3cc I'm not impressed since it is delayed and spider tank is 3/4. But if he manages to survive a round then he's is actually pretty good.

I think he is real close to being a great card.

Might be cool to try to use a Master of Disguise on that, then it'll have perm Stealth. It would just be vulnerable to any clear / lucky random shot.

The new dream;
Turn 7: Iron Sensei x2 + Conceal.
Turn 8: Master of Disguise x2

It's nice that it's right at the end of the turn though, so you'll get the effect right as you play it. It'll be pretty scary if you can get this and Micro-Machine on the board and keep them both up. You'd get a 7/4 on turn four or something crazy like that.

With this new shit 5 mana healer card and a lot of the shit cards in this exp, I think a lot of people aren't realizing they needed weird shit cards to fill up the roster for all the random drawing powers that exist now. Can't always be giving people great cards when another card does a random draw or summon.

So I guess gahzrilla was a wowtcg card... same art too.

gahzrilla.jpg

With this new shit 5 mana healer card and a lot of the shit cards in this exp, I think a lot of people aren't realizing they needed weird shit cards to fill up the roster for all the random drawing powers that exist now. Can't always be giving people great cards when another card does a random draw or summon.

Why is the antique mech a bad card? Because its only a 3/3 for 5 mana? The battlecry is worth 2-3 mana alone.

kirblar

They've apparently lifted a non-zero amount of the art from the old WoW TCG according to one of the old WoW developers. (Came up on twitter.) Makes sense to recycle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom