• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
The rogue card is shit. Often unplayable on curve, and even at its best its not much better than a spider tank in value. And its easy to kill. Buffing cards work when they're a battlecry because they get instant tempo/value and the buff kind of gets charge. But not this one.]

Like even if rogue mech decks are a thing, this card won't be part of it. Spider Tank/Harvest Golem/SI Agent are just better.

The rogue card is shit. Often unplayable on curve, and even at its best its not much better than a spider tank in value. And its easy to kill. Buffing cards work when they're a battlecry because they get instant tempo/value and the buff kind of gets charge. But not this one.]

Like even if rogue mech decks are a thing, this card won't be part of it. Spider Tank/Harvest Golem/SI Agent are just better.

It would have been nice if it were at least a 3/2 or 2/3. As it is, it will die to 2/3s pretty shamefully.

It does work out when you don't have to trade immediately or you can already trade up and then protect your injured minion. It also probably works really well with annoyotron who then becomes a 3/4 taunt divine shield.

I think there is potential in this mech, but you're right about it being a weak stat minion that won't trade well by itself.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why is this a rogue card?

What part of giving other creatures +2/+2 is rogue-ish at all?

What's going on?

I guess it synergizes well with Stealth... but unfortunately, Master of Disguise isn't a Mech.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Blizz keeps making these mech-based class cards that synergizes with other mech cards. It's adorable. It's like they think somebody's actually going to try and create a minion-based mech deck for classes other than warlock.

One thing I never see and I don't think I'll understand, Priests never hit my healing totems with their Cleric. It's a free card at the start of your turn, I'd think that'd be better than one damage to the hero.

Haunted

Wzpwwvu.jpg

zoukka

I'm not sure what to think of the rogue card. The stats are kinda weak and it won't let you trade up that turn. Assuming it brings 4/4 stats to the board, for 3cc I'm not impressed since it is delayed and spider tank is 3/4. But if he manages to survive a round then he's is actually pretty good.

I think he is real close to being a great card.

He's just a crappy houndmaster. Will not see much play I reckon.

JSR_Cube

I was frustrated with the amount of RNG in the new expansion but now I am getting frustrated with the mixing of classes. This new Thief card is heading more into that direction. I don't like Blingtron 3000 as well for that reason.

It's the second expansion. Could they not show a bit more restraint? How is this thing ever gonna have legs when you're blowing abilities out of the water so early in the game's lifetime?

Anyway, just my thoughts.. I'm obviously still playing regularly. Just can't understand their vision.

Well houndmaster is just kind of a specialized stronger version of DOA in the first place. That is how I looked at it at least.

edit:
Poll: it is polite to say thanks after a warlock soulfires your silverhand recruit, sacrificing his other soulfire, right? lol

Also, I can't believe this zoolock played around consecrate but only to the point that he would keep a 1/1 if I did so. He ran his flame imp, then his knife juggler into 1/1s to keep his voidwaler out of consecrate range. So when I turn 4 consecrate, he only had a 1/1 instead of nothing. But in turn I saved like 6 damage lol. Then two turns later he all in doomguards into pyro equality combo. Some people are just clueless about playing that deck... somehow.

ZZMitch

One thing I never see and I don't think I'll understand, Priests never hit my healing totems with their Cleric. It's a free card at the start of your turn, I'd think that'd be better than one damage to the hero.

Probably just misplays. When I am playing priest and facing a healing totem I do that whenever I can (unless my hand is too big).

Yeah. Not bad, I guess.

There are ways you could use that to get Jaraxxus as your hero. You could Shadow Step him out with Rogue, or use Duplicate with Mage to get them back in your hand. Jaraxxus plus Deadly Poison and Blade Flurry would be absolutely brutal. And it would be pretty rough to clear a Jaraxxus protected by 2X Ice Block. Plus, you'd get two of them, so when the first Ice Block triggers, just play the second Jaraxxus and get back up to 15 health and refill your weapon charges.

I was playing a hunter and it just occurred to me that I didn't even see the "correct" play on my lethal turn. I only saw the BM play.

I could have equality, ran 1/1 into taunt, then smashed face with tirion. That thought didn't even occur to me. Instead, I equality, killed off my tirion on the taunt, and than hit face with the weapon. lol

edit:Although the worse BM would have been to play equality, kill off tirion, play kelthuzad and then pass. hah

Boogiepop

Oh man, that was nice. So, my quests came up today such that Druid was the definite way to go. I'm not very good in the first place, and my Druid deck in particular is kind of crap, but I rolled with it.

Of my two wins, on the first I just got a Sludge Belcher to on a rampage against a poor Warrior. I managed to get it out on turn 2 thanks to Innervate+Coin, and then ended up buffing it till it ended the game with like 13 attack or something.

Then I ended up against an incredibly obnoxious Hunter. He just sat, and sat, and sat on the timer, blatantly trying for a give-up via jerkiness. And of course he was playing such that he just happened to have everything fall into place just right to keep me constantly shut down. However, I managed to turn things around just barely enough such that he was at a point where I had a halfway manageable board hidden behind an Ancient of War and his hero power was one short of lethal. He ended up letting himself rope out on that last turn, and needless to say that win felt good.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
New favorite (non-single turn) Shaman combo, Al'Akir lives a turn. Next round, drop FTT, Faceless Al'Akir, and reincarnate. 30 damage (5/5 x 6 attacks), 9 mana. :)

As if a Faceless of some beefy legendary your opponent just played in to Hex isn't enough reason to run Faceless in Shaman, never really considered Faceless Al'Akir... and I even got to use my other reincarnate on Slyvanas earlier in the match (stealing a decently buffed Loatheb). About time the stars aligned lol.

I wonder if faceless would copy temporary buffs too, like the rockbiter bonus, been a while since i've played that card, if so that's not too bad, you'd end up with 2 9/5 windfury charge minions, assuming the first Al'Akir could live a round.

Amazing.

One of my favorite recent games with my Graverobber Shaman deck: hunter at 14, me at 12 hp. I have five minions on board, lethal in two turns. Hunter has two cards. Drops Deathwing.

Two of my minions it killed? Harvest Golem and Sylvanas.

That player's probably still kicking her/himself, lol.

Amazing.

One of my favorite recent games with my Graverobber Shaman deck: hunter at 14, me at 12 hp. I have five minions on board, lethal in two turns. Hunter has two cards. Drops Deathwing.

Two of my minions it killed? Harvest Golem and Sylvanas.

That player's probably still kicking her/himself, lol.

That happended to me a while ago, too.

Best part about it is that he tossed Black Knight and Mark of the Wild. He could've had a pretty good play by playing MotW on Kel'Thuzad and then killing it with BK, but he just had to make the impatient play and go for the throat when it wasn't safe.

I was playing a complete douchebag Mage earlier. He had all but won the game, I was playing Warrior and was out of cards and a few draws deep into fatigue, he had 3 3 damage minions on his board and had just drawn his last card. He was down to two health and then he played Alexstrasza...on me. He put me back up to 15 health from like 2 or 3 and then ran his board into my face leaving me at 6 health. I drew a fatigue card for 4 damage, armored, and then passed back to him expecting the kill. He drew his first fatigue card and then went to show off the awesome Ice Block that he'd had up pretty much the whole game by Fireblasting his own face. Problem is: Ice Block doesn't trigger on your turn, mother fucker. Thanks for the win.

I was playing a complete douchebag Mage earlier. He had all but won the game, I was playing Warrior and was out of cards and a few draws deep into fatigue, he had 3 3 damage minions on his board and had just drawn his last card. He was down to two health and then he played Alexstrasza...on me. He put me back up to 15 health from like 2 or 3 and then ran his board into my face leaving me at 6 health. I drew a fatigue card for 4 damage, armored, and then passed back to him expecting the kill. He drew his first fatigue card and then went to show off the awesome Ice Block that he'd had up pretty much the whole game by Fireblasting his own face. Problem is: Ice Block doesn't trigger on your turn, mother fucker. Thanks for the win.

That is pretty hilarious. Plus he has no excuse since the tooltip says secrets only activate on opponent turns.

I wish we had a recording of his face when he realized he just tossed the game. It probably looked a bit something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfRxXxrTdtw

Special C

Is that video of the semi-well-known Boogie dude that make YT videos? And if so, is that staged? Please be staged.

I dunno if it is staged or not, I think it is but I'd imagine that mage flipping out lol

The whole "does this mean I win?" at the end kinda gives it away.

Here is another I am sure was staged: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u8HQNG9k2s

edit:
he is basically cartman all grown up lmao

Yes it's staged. It's cleary his "Francis" character. It's a comedy bit, that's not how that dude acts in real life.

So I guys I've been hearing that a new expansion is on its way, did they say how you can get the cards? Are they going to unlock them in wings again?

No you can just buy packs, 150 new cards bought by packs and winning in arena. So it isn't possible to get normal packs in arena any more, after GvG launches.

Haunted

So I guys I've been hearing that a new expansion is on its way, did they say how you can get the cards? Are they going to unlock them in wings again?
These are "just" cards, there's no singleplayer/adventure element to it.

You'll be able to buy special packs of GvsG cards as well as get them as arena rewards.

I'll probably arena for a few times at the start too. I'm going to spend cash so might as well mess around and see what pops up in draft. Normally pretty bad at it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom