• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a break from Warrior and made the popular Undertaker Hunter deck. Won six in a row. No wonder about half of my matches are Hunters considering there is no matchup that this deck can't win and the most trouble I had was with the mirror match.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Took a break from Warrior and made the popular Undertaker Hunter deck. Won six in a row. No wonder about half of my matches are Hunters considering there is no matchup that this deck can't win and the most trouble I had was with the mirror match.

Any Hunter deck with Undertaker in it is Hearthstone easy mode atm. If you can turn a Turn 1 undertaker into a 3/4, you've won the game. Period.

ShinNL

Any Hunter deck with Undertaker in it is Hearthstone easy mode atm. If you can turn a Turn 1 undertaker into a 3/4, you've won the game. Period.
Except if you meet me, since none of my decks are curve based. Won plenty of games where I just let an undertaker grow, but I slot weird stuff like Moltens and Alexstrasza in non Warlock decks :)

Recently I've been doing quite well with a double Pyro Freeze Mage (even against Hunters). Most of the time I don't even play a secret (only 1 barrier and 1 ice block).

I just can't stand the playstyle that requires me to draw a perfect 1 2 3 drop, I don't see the fun in that.

#TeamTurn2HeroPower

yayaba

HearthstoneGAF, I am mercilessly addicted to your game. Started about a week ago after dropping it when it first came out and now I can't get enough.

Currently powering through quests trying to unlock Naxxramas but it's going to take awhile. Also still need to unlock all basic sets first.

I've also sunk $25 into this game already, unreal. I almost never do IAP in games. This is a bad sign for me.

Do we still run our own tournaments around here? I saw old threads for tournaments over the summer but couldn't find anything more recent than that.

ViviOggi

HearthstoneGAF, I am mercilessly addicted to your game. Started about a week ago after dropping it when it first came out and now I can't get enough.

Currently powering through quests trying to unlock Naxxramas but it's going to take awhile. Also still need to unlock all basic sets first.

I've also sunk $25 into this game already, unreal. I almost never do IAP in games. This is a bad sign for me.

Do we still run our own tournaments around here? I saw old threads for tournaments over the summer but couldn't find anything more recent than that.
If you're going to spend more money your best bet is actually buying Naxx and keeping your gold for arena/packs due to the pricing.

Haunted

That feeling when the Handlock has to risk a Soulfire and actually discards Jaraxxus from his 7-card hand.

banderas.gif

caesar

Banned
That feeling when the Handlock has to risk a Soulfire and actually discards Jaraxxus from his 7-card hand.

banderas.gif

I swear Jaraxxus gets discarded like everytime he's in my hand.

That feeling when you know the handlock player is trash because he has coin and tapped on turn 3 planning to play giant on 4. Hnng.

gutshot

New card:

635523717964228693.png

Guiz

New card:

635523717964228693.png

Weird the logo behind the text of the card isn't the one for GvG extension...

I don't know what to think of this. To me, it's a dead minion if you want to use the freeze capacity. I may be wrong but I don't see the point of this card for mage at the moment.

ViviOggi

Trash card. Water Ele is so good because it has absurd stats to go with the freezing effect. It can technically delay some damage in Freeze Mage but in reality it's not even close to being worth a slot. Most of the time it won't even get a trade.

I wonder if it's real. As Guiz said, the logo on the card is wrong. The name also has that weird NNS in the ending. As well, has Blizzard ever revealed a card this early in the day?

It's possible that it's a leak, which would explain the weirdness.

Zemm

Hunter now might be more broken than before the nerf, first time I've played in a few months and I'm destroying everything.

Priest. I Thoughtstole his Loatheb on turn 3. On turn 5 I played my Loatheb. On turn 6 I played his Loatheb and attacked with my one in-play, but he Freezing Trapped it. On turn 7 I dropped the Trapped Loatheb back down.

Beautiful, brings a tear of joy to my eye.

Pretty sure I said this before, but I think it would be awesome to have this play with Rogue;

Turn 5: Loatheb
Turn 6: Shadow Step > Loatheb
Turn 7: Brewmaster > Loatheb
Turn 8: Brewmaster > Loatheb
Turn 9: Shadowstep > Loatheb
Turn 10: Ancient Brewmaster > Loatheb
Turn 11: Ancient Brewmaster > Loatheb

Just another dream. Turns 7, 8, 10, and 11 would be the hardest to pull off though, since you don't have any excess mana like you would with Shadow Step. You'd also want board control with other minions beforehand since the whole point is to hit face, but with Rogue you can really only put down weak minions so there's a good chance something would trade into Loatheb around 7 or 8 anyway. He'd also probably eat a removal spell eventually as well. Always fun to think about, at least for me anyway!

Volimar

It's real. It was revealed by the official Hearthstone account on Weibo. The image I posted above is just a translated mockup of that card. That's why the watermark is wrong.

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/c082849cgw1emltmmv6dfj210x1cok72.jpg

This card is going to be annoying for warriors, rogues and potentially hunters. Everyone else, not so much.

Its a good stop gap measure for druids that innervate out large minions on turn 2 or 3 too. I see it being a decent pick in arena, but probably not so much in constructed.

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

I think the card could be decent. With aggressive / early game decks, it can be nice since it'll stop a minion from attacking for a turn if it lives. It'd be nice if Mages could extend the life of it since, as said before with the Water Elemental, it's the life that really matters. I think it'd be better if it was a 1/4, that way it'd live against a 3/2 and Mages would be able to ping it dead next turn, though I suppose that might end up being a bad turn instead of playing a minion.

If one can make it into the late game, it'd be alright since it can stop the other player from using face to take out your board while also stopping some hard hitting minions for one turn.

gutshot

Does anyone know if you can use iTunes store credit to buy packs? I've got about 10 bucks of Google Play credit I've been sitting on for a while and I'm hoping I can use it to buy GvG packs once the Android client drops.

Guiz

Does anyone know if you can use iTunes store credit to buy packs? I've got about 10 bucks of Google Play credit I've been sitting on for a while and I'm hoping I can use it to buy GvG packs once the Android client drops.

Yes, I used iTunes Card to buy packs in Hearthstone iOS. Works perfectly.

ViviOggi

That looks fake. Wouldn't it spelled Broken Snow Robot? Plus the watermark is of the base set, not GVG

It's real. It was revealed by the official Hearthstone account on Weibo. The image I posted above is just a translated mockup of that card. That's why the watermark is wrong.

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/c082849cgw1emltmmv6dfj210x1cok72.jpg

This card is going to be annoying for warriors, rogues and potentially hunters. Everyone else, not so much.

The turn 1 Coin + WZoM, turn 2 WZoM, turn 3 Dust Devil + Stoneclaw Totem, turn 4 2x Rockbiter dream for 30 damage on turn 4 and a total of 50 damage if you include attacking on turn 2 and 3.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot about the Dust Devil overload on Turn 4 so I had to drop the 2x Lightning Bolts :(

ViviOggi

The turn 1 Coin + WZoM, turn 2 WZoM, turn 3 Dust Devil + Stoneclaw Totem, turn 4 Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt dream for 36 damage on turn 4 and a total of 56 damage if you include attacking on turn 2 and 3.

Seems legit!

Kettch

The Shaman card is great for arena, but unless the undertaker decks get filtered out somehow, it looks like junk for constructed. Shaman runs haunted creeper and/or nerubian egg for a reason, they need something that survives. This guy is likely to just die to a leper gnome or something before doing anything.

inky

The Shaman card is great for arena, but unless the undertaker decks get filtered out somehow, it looks like junk for constructed. Shaman runs haunted creeper and/or nerubian egg for a reason, they need something that survives. This guy is likely to just die to a leper gnome or something before doing anything.

Some also run Zombie Chow because controlling the board so early justifies the drawback. Some even use totems or wolves to control that early phase, and if its hiding behind a taunt it might still work out before/by turn 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom