• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

LOL at the pally that conceded as soon as he dropped the second Tirion.

I would have done the same thing. Sometimes you can sense how they're just itching to play the Tirion they've holding the entire game and keep a silence ready, but a second one? Ain't nobody got time for that shit.

Kettch

Some also run Zombie Chow because controlling the board so early justifies the drawback. Some even use totems or wolves to control that early phase, and if its hiding behind a taunt it might still work out before/by turn 4.

If you have the board to protect this by turn 4 then you either aren't facing an undertaker deck, or you've already won the game. It can certainly be good in a control meta, but right now it's at best their 3rd choice for 2 drops.

Haunted

New card:

635523717964228693.png
A mini Water Elemental, how cute.

What's NNF?

That's something interesting I suppose, though I was really hoping to get something with heads.

Makes an interesting card though. I don't think Hunters have to many ways to damage their own minions but could combo with a Pyromancer and Aracne Shots for some really massive damage.

These could be secrets! Though probably normal spells. Mage card looks like it could be Time Warp, since we already have Duplicate and Mirror Image. The name of the Rogue card was already leaked but I forgot what it was.

GVG Vote

A contest between a mage spell and a rogue spell (vote rogue!)

The rogue spell looks like some kind of removal or silence.

The mage is some kinda of clone spell.

That's something interesting I suppose, though I was really hoping to get something with heads.

Makes an interesting card though. I don't think Hunters have to many ways to damage their own minions but could combo with a Pyromancer and Aracne Shots for some really massive damage.

Damn... arcane shot + pyro is gonna make it 24 damage. Double arcane shot will make it 48.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Control hunter won't be a thing until Blizzard nerfs undertaker and mad scientist.

Damn... arcane shot + pyro is gonna make it 24 damage. Double arcane shot will make it 48.

It's actually really nice when you think about it. Six damage ducks under Big Game Hunter while also cutting back on total damage when it gets doubled.

New Dream Play;

Gahz'rilla > 6
Double Hound Master > 10
Abusive Seargent x 2 + Dark Iron Dwarf + Wild Pyro + Arcane Shot x 2 > 256 Damage

Actually, thinking about it, sub out the Dwarf for two Archers and a Mad Bomber. With all of the luck in the world and then some, you'd get over 7k damage or something. Guess it still doesn't beat that 10k Pyroblast or endless healing Fatigue though.

inky

If you have the board to protect this by turn 4 then you either aren't facing an undertaker deck, or you've already won the game. It can certainly be good in a control meta, but right now it's at best their 3rd choice for 2 drops.

Plenty of ways to protect a 2 drop early, especially with coin in hand: Zombie Chow, Rockbiter, Weapon, Taunt, Lightning Bolt. I don't necessarily feel it's an impossible task tbh. Nor it would mean the game is won either. You are probably right it's not the best or second best 2 drop, but I'm saying it might find uses without being in an insta-win scenario already.

It's actually really nice when you think about it. Six damage ducks under Big Game Hunter while also cutting back on total damage when it gets doubled.

New Dream Play;

Gahz'rilla > 6
Double Hound Master > 10
Abusive Seargent x 2 + Dark Iron Dwarf + Wild Pyro + Arcane Shot x 2 > 256 Damage

Actually, thinking about it, sub out the Dwarf for two Archers and a Mad Bomber. With all of the luck in the world and then some, you'd get over 7k damage or something. Guess it still doesn't beat that 10k Pyroblast or endless healing Fatigue though.

Well if you have BGH it shouldn't be difficult to get it into BGH range since you only need to deal 1 damage to it.

The stats being a 6/9 are like an improved war golem stats imo. There definitely are some potentially whacky combos though.

egruntz

shelaughz

Love it. Makes sense for its effect to take place upon receiving damage rather than death, since chopping off one head of a hydra doesn't really kill the hydra. 6 attack to start means it's not immediately susceptible to Big Game Hunter, praise the good Lord. Its mana cost is so doable compared to King Crush. Running Elven Archers, Pyromancers, Mad Bombers, Arcane Shots, and etcetera with this guy. Really good legendary for Hunter. I AM PLEASED.

Control Hunter let's go.

Raxus

I don't get why they keep giving hunters such strong cards.

7 mana for that minion is ludicrous. For comparison Gurubashi in 5 mana and is a 2/7 with an effect half as good.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I like the new hunter card just because it and call beast shows their trying to open up hunter's options to not just be undertaker aggro.

The 2 drops are fine. Not amazing.

I want to play a slow control hunter.

gutshot

I don't get why they keep giving hunters such strong cards.

7 mana for that minion is ludicrous. For comparison Gurubashi in 5 mana and is a 2/7 with an effect half as good.

You are comparing a neutral basic card to a class legendary. Of course it is going to look worse.

One thing I was wondering about new cards and the like. Right now Hunters / Undertaker area really good. It's been said about three times in this thread already. So if new cards are added in the 1-2 card range that are better than Undertaker, what stops the current Hunter from using them and still taking over? Same thing with any current strong deck in the meta right now.

I guess I can understand it in that something better / stronger comes along to replace it, and then everyone will just play that. I suppose it's kind of impossible to predict what is going to happen when 120 cards hit all at the same time.

I guess another question is, is it possible to have 5+ different decks that people play on the ladder? I guess I feel like it's always going to boil down into 1-3 really popular decks. Though I suppose I can't say much, haven't been on the ladder for too long to get a good idea. Funnily enough, while I played, it was mostly Mages, Warriors, and a few Paladins. Maybe all the Hunters and Locks already hit Legend.

ViviOggi

I'll say it again, what makes this card so strong is that it fits right between the strongest 6drops in the game. As a Hunter you now have three absurd power turns in a row, together with a way above average early game. Of course we can't draw definitive conclusions before the full expansion has settled in but from the current perspective that card is insane.

^ Nothing, just like every low cost value minion inherently strenghtens Zoo. We've seen it time and time again, Hunter is either borderline unplayable after getting nerfed or the uncontested king of the meta.

egruntz

shelaughz
I'll say it again, what makes this card so strong is that it fits right between the strongest 6drops in the game. As a Hunter you now have three absurd power turns in a row...

Turn 5: ?
Turn 6: Highmane
Turn 7: Hydra

What's turn five? Not disputing you, just wondering what this is. His five drops are terrible (rhino and buzzard).

Getting my hopes up for control Hunter. Been wanting this for so long.
I crafted Gladiator Longbow and King Krush forever ago but ended up taking them out of all my Hunter decks, cause aggro became the champion. Leeroy + UTH replaced Krush. Double Eaglehorn and Mad/Secrets replaced the bow.

Thinking so far...
2x Stampeding Kodo
2x Freezing Trap
2x Ironbeak Owl
2x Kill Command
2x Hunter's Mark
2x Arcane Shot
2x Houndmaster
2x Webspinner
2x Haunted Creeper
2x Highmane
1x Baron Rivendare
1x Loatheb
1x Gladiator Longbow
1x Eaglehorn Bow
1x King Mukla
1x Gah'Zrilla
1x King Krush

I'm liking it so far... hehehehehe excited.

I've already been playing around with Baron in some of my Hunter decks. Drawing twice from Webspinner/Loot Hoarder has been my replacement for Starving Buzzard's hard nerf. Getting 4 1/1 minions instantly from Haunted Creeper or 4 2/2 minions from Highmane is also extremely awesome. 1/7 are good stats for getting rid of little minions anyway. I think it has a good place in this deck with 6 deathrattles as the base.

ViviOggi

Turn 5: ?
Turn 6: Highmane
Turn 7: Hydra

What's turn five? Not disputing you, just wondering what this is. His five drops are terrible (rhino and buzzard).

It's Highmane, Hydra, Highmane + Hero Power (or coin Highmane, Highmane, Hydra). Highmane is so good that it's still a very real threat when you're still busy cleaning up the first one.

Skux

Just when I think Paladin is getting good cards they bring out this BS Hydra.

Turn 2 Call Pet, turn 3 Gahz'rilla

Turn 5 Rhino, turn 6 Highmane, turn 7 Gahz

Turn 5 coin + Highmane, turn 6 Highmane, turn 7 Gahz

caesar

Banned
Wtf at gahrzilla? How did fucking Malorne not win?

Anyway, thats probably the best 7 drop in the game. Especially when turn 6 is Highmane. Fuck the world.

Wtf at gahrzilla? How did fucking Malorne not win?

Anyway, thats probably the best 7 drop in the game. Especially when turn 6 is Highmane. Fuck the world.

Best 7 drop? There are only like 10 in the original set. So far we only have dr. boom to compare to the new set.

I think it is good for a 7 drop, but we'll have to see if it ends up being the best.

caesar

Banned
Best 7 drop? There are only like 10 in the original set. So far we only have dr. boom to compare to the new set.

I think it is good for a 7 drop, but we'll have to see if it ends up being the best.
This thing is disgusting...

You can't bgh it.
You can't rag it.
It has 9 hp, so you pretty much have to kill it with hard removal.
It's stats are straight up value for 7 mana.
You can proc it yourself for a OTK.
You could have just dealt with highmane.

Minsc

Gold Member

You can't bgh it.
You can't rag it.

Furthermore, if Rag actually does hit it, you've made it stronger, and are now taking at least 14 damage on your next turn because of that (unless you traded one of your other creatures in to it, to make it 12/X, hoping that Rag will hit it, which Rag won't, and they'll just arcane shot it and hit you for 24 to the face + hero power.

And yes, if you don't remove it on your turn ASAP, or have two taunts that will survive UTH + Hunters Mark, you're probably as good as dead from it.

This thing is definitely my favorite of all the new cards revealed so far.

You can't bgh it.
You can't rag it.

Well you can bgh it, you just need to run something into it first. Not the highest value you can get out of BGH but what else are you gonna BGH in hunter decks? Not likely much if anything.

For an OTK you would need to give it charge.

The 9hp does make it difficult to remove without hard removal but still very doable. That said, it is super vulnerable to hard removal since it has no deathrattle. All hard removal in the game costs 6 or less so its gonna be a tempo gain when it is dealt with. Seeing as you'll have a full turn to do so, this is quite a good but still "fair" minion for hunter to have.

If rag is gone from the meta game I won't be complaining lol.

I bet paladin does well against this type of control hunter (although I'd imagine this being used in more than just the supposed control builds people have been talking about). Equality, peacekeeper, humilty all knock that thing down a notch. After peacekeepr they can bring its attack back up but 1x2x2x2=8, so 3 procs brings it to 8 damage.

Against priest it dies to SWD or mind control.

Rogue will have sap or maybe even assassinate becomes a thing again if midrange is decent. Sap is just incredible vs slow minions like highmane and gahzrilla. Chances are it acts like a hard removal if they never get a clear opportunity to play or use it.

Did Hunter of all classes seriously just get the best card we have seen in the expansion so far?

Even if you do consider it to be the best so far, it is the only class legendary reveal we've seen so far.

Even if you do consider it to be the best so far, it is the only class legendary reveal we've seen so far.
Maybe Gahz'rilla is so strong because technically, King Krush is weak. Maybe Priests will get a strong Legendary as well since no one uses Velen. I'd actually fin it hilarious if Warlocks / Warriors got low cost or not as good Legendaries since I believe theirs are the most used. I guess there are some other popular class Legendaries but I'm just making up stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom