• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fresh from the bnet forums from CM Daxarri

We’ve received a lot of feedback regarding the initial action we took against players who were using bots to automate gameplay. One of the major concerns that you expressed centered around whether the offenders would get to keep their golden hero portraits.

We’ve discussed the situation amongst the team, and we agree that those found to be botting should not get to keep their golden hero portraits. We’ve decided that the number of wins associated with each class on the offending accounts will be reset to 0, which will also remove any golden hero portraits that were obtained on those accounts. We know this issue is important to you, and your feedback is extremely important to us as we explore issues like this for the first time in Hearthstone.

As we demonstrated again recently, rest assured that we will remain vigilant and Hearthstone accounts found to be cheating will continue to face permanent closure.

TL;DR - People who botted who got the 3 month ban are also getting their ranked wins set to 0 and losing golden portraits.

IMO, small but significant decision they've made.

Maybe Gahz'rilla is so strong because technically, King Krush is weak. Maybe Priests will get a strong Legendary as well since no one uses Velen. I'd actually fin it hilarious if Warlocks / Warriors got low cost or not as good Legendaries since I believe theirs are the most used. I guess there are some other popular class Legendaries but I'm just making up stats.

I think all the legendary class cards are gonna be useful this time around. They have a lot more experience at balancing than they had before.

Iryx

Another new card, lots of them today.
635524478778206061.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't know what kind of deck a card like that fits into. Like, maybe you play that in an anti-miracle deck? But the rogue will probably just kill it anyway.

So, it'll probably be used almost solely in arena. Making it a weaker yeti, like violet teacher or wailing soul.

Bleh.

I think vs freeze mage they will have trouble if they just frost nova endlessly.

On the other hand, could be good in priest since they can heal it up and continue to keep getting extra value out of it.

gutshot

I think that card will be quite strong in arena. It's basically a Sen'jin with upside. It will be especially nice against mages and their stupid Flamestrikes.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Seems to be card to ward off Flamestrike

Not really. All you do is turn it into a Magma Rager. And if you kill more than 2 attack of your opponent's minions you still come out ahead.

I think that card will be quite strong in arena. It's basically a Sen'jin with upside. It will be especially nice against mages and their stupid Flamestrikes.

Senjin is important because it has taunt. This does not have taunt. I'd rather pick Sen'jin than this or Violet Teacher in arena.

Not really. All you do is turn it into a Magma Rager. And if you kill more than 2 attack of your opponent's minions you still come out ahead.

Senjin is important because it has taunt. This does not have taunt. I'd rather pick Sen'jin than this or Violet Teacher in arena.

Still 5/1 mininion on the board and he has to use 2 mana to remove it or you can ram it into his minion. Surely not the best card but it has its uses it.

gutshot

This effectively has taunt since leaving it on the board could severely limit your options in future turns.

kinger256

Gahzrilla looks pretty mediocre at best. If you look at any of the competitive constructed decks, anything 6+ mana either immediately affects the board or contains a powerful deathrattle. Gahzrilla has neither.

I see this being used for gimmicky decks and such, but nothing in higher ranked play or serious competitions.

I guess it also makes web spinner a bit better so theres that.

Volimar

Gahzrilla looks pretty mediocre at best. If you look at any of the competitive constructed decks, anything 6+ mana either immediately affects the board or contains a powerful deathrattle. Gahzrilla has neither.

I see this being used for gimmicky decks and such, but nothing in higher ranked play or serious competitions.

I guess it also makes web spinner a bit better so theres that.

It kinda sorta combos with that new card that lets you draw a card and if it's a beast it costs like 4 or 5 less. Maybe there will be more.

Dreavus

I think the number of times the +2 attack would be relevant are few. It sort of "forces" removal if you are able to play it when you're in a good position, but otherwise I see people casting a spell to help remove it.

Zemm

I worry the game is going to be incredibly stupid with this new expansion after seeing these cards, it's already borderline dumb right.

Raxus

I worry the game is going to be incredibly stupid with this new expansion after seeing these cards, it's already borderline dumb right.

The RNG riddling the cards doesn't help much either. Granted some RNG can be controlled but this is pretty silly.

Best thing about the new set is the return of priest which will now go up a rank or two thanks to shrink ray.

Guiz

I think like the Naxx set of cards. Only a few of them will be used in constructed deck

caesar

Banned

Expect the good deck builders to dominate the chaos while everyone else takes ages to figure out the meta trying dumb shit with ancestors call.

Can't wait! :p

Xanathus

The first deck I'd probably try is a variant on control Priest with 2 Recombobulators, 2 Shrinkmeisters, 1 Shadow Madness, 1/2 Cabal, 1/2 SW:pain, 1 SW:Death.

Apt101

Since WoW is undergoing maintenance I figured I'd try this out, since I got something for it for preordering WoD. Hooked almost immediately. Are all card games this fun? I purchased the $20 pack set thinking more means better, and now I have a ton of rare cards. Only opened five, ten more to go after I finish this poop.

Are there epic cards?

Xanathus

Since WoW is undergoing maintenance I figured I'd try this out, since I got something for it for preordering WoD. Hooked almost immediately. Are all card games this fun? I purchased the $20 pack set thinking more means better, and now I have a ton of rare cards. Only opened five, ten more to go after I finish this poop.

Are there epic cards?

Yeah the rarities are Common -> Rare -> EEEEPIC -> WOARH LEGENDARY, you can see all the cards by going to the Collection menu and clicking the Crafting button. You actually should've spent your real money on buying the Naxxramas adventure which lets you play a bunch of single player boss fights and gives you some (currently) essential cards.

ViviOggi

Are there epic cards?
There are basic cards which you can only unlock by levelling each class and then there's common, rare, epic and legendary (ordered by rarity). These you obtain from packs and occasionally as a reward from the arena mode. And then there's a set of 50 or so cards you get for purchasing and completing the Naxxramas "PvE" expansion, which I'd recommend buying if you like the game and really want to spend more money. Its real money price is a lot lower than the gold (ingame currency you gain for completing quests and winning matches) price and nets you a bunch of crucial cards.

Are there epic cards?
There are a fewonderful types of cards. There are basic cards, cards that you'll start out with each class and some neutrals. You also unlock more by leveling up to 10. You also have to beat other classes to unlock them.
After that are Expert cards. Thsee are what you get in packs. They're common, rare, epic, and legendary. It's based on how good / often they'll appear in a card pack.

On a side note, you can disenchant cards to make other cards, but I believe it's a 2:1 ratio. If you want to make a rare, you have to destroy two other rares.

ViviOggi

There are a fewonderful types of cards. There are basic cards, cards that you'll start out with each class and some neutrals. You also unlock more by leveling up to 10. You also have to beat other classes to unlock them.
After that are Expert cards. Thsee are what you get in packs. They're common, rare, epic, and legendary. It's based on how good / often they'll appear in a card pack.

On a side note, you can disenchant cards to make other cards, but I believe it's a 2:1 ratio. If you want to make a rare, you have to destroy two other rares.
Keep on dreaming :p It's 1:8, 1:5, 1:4, 1:4 (from common to legendary).

Guiz

If I may correct you and if I remember correctly.
Disenchant value are : 5(C), 20(R), 100(E), 400(L)
Craft costs are : 40(C), 100(R), 400(E), 1600(L)

Apt101

Thanks guys, I opened the rest of my packs and got a bunch of epics, gold rares, and that monkey legendary that throws bananas. Mulkrak or whoever. Just took down Uther so I am going to level him, as his defensive perks felt like they actually ended up delivering more offense than Jaina.

Guiz

Thanks guys, I opened the rest of my packs and got a bunch of epics, gold rares, and that monkey legendary that throws bananas. Mulkrak or whoever. Just took down Uther so I am going to level him, as his defensive perks felt like they actually ended up delivering more offense than Jaina.

Don't bother, play Hunter. The one and only class which is Gaf Approved

I learned to play with Paladin too, I think it's a pretty good class to learn "general" game mechanics.

ViviOggi

That's pretty decent. Mukla isn't top tier but certainly playable in a beginner deck. Good tempo card.

You can also disenchant any golden card for full value, e.g. you get 100 dust for de'ing a golden rare while a regular rare costs 100 to craft. The golden effect is purely cosmetic, think foils in physical CCGs, so if you pull some crappy goldens that's a great way to obtain key cards for the classes you want to play while your collection is still thin.

You'd probably be a fan of Control Paladin then. It's basically a deck built to drain your opponent out of cards. You have multiple ways to kill anything and it comes with a few threats of its own. Only problem is that it's pricy. Being a new play you won't have any of the really important cards, let alone the big finishers, which are normally Legendaries. What would help the most is watching videos of people playing Paladin and learn from them. It'll show how dependent the deck is on some cards while also showing you how it works.

However, you sort of joined at a good/bad time. A new expansion of cards are coming out, 120 total, which is good because there will be new and cool stuff to play with, but you'll be at a slight disadvantage.

Edit: Forgetwhat I said about control Paladin. Just play and have fun. Chances are new decks won't pop up till a month later so just do what you want and enjoy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom