• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boney

Banned
Rant:

Playing against this asshole SquichBat, a Priest who never ended his turn and awaited for the time to run out through the entire match.

Wasn't gonna give him the satisfaction of quitting and giving him the win though.

Szadek

I was planning to get to Legend with my handlock deck,but my Winrate is always below 50%.
There is really no point in going on.

hunter, zoo, priest and control warrior are kinda the best for laddering right now. control warrior is better earlier on because it's so good at punishing mistakes.

The hunter... holds all cards in mulligan... then takes 1 minute each turn. By time spent is 34 seconds and his is already up to 3 minutes and 30 seconds =/

it is only turn 4. And he is playing some weird murloc hunter deck.

edit:
Hah, kicked his ass despite him taking 3x the amount of time to make his stupid weak plays lol.

I've maybe made this mistake one time in my time playing paladin. I used lay on hands when I had 8 cards meaning I ended the turn with 10 cards. The one time it happens though, I burn tirion on my next draw that had a 7% chance of happening.

But the only reason it happened is because I was so far ahead against this druid I wasn't even paying attention (due to kelthuzad reviving my 5/5 and harvest golem). And it turned out to not make a difference as I expected. Funny though, I lost the best single taunt card in my deck and it didn't matter, and playing him would have probably been instant win due to both silences being used (but he did have a black knight but I would have baited that out with sunwalker or shieldmasta).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Guess im gonna buy an Android Tablet.

Killer app for me.

keuja

I feel that gahrzilla is seriously OP... If you have no hard removal, and not a huge board control, can you even come back in the game once it's dropped?

I love the ogre cards, finally a way to bypass Taunt.

Amazon kindle 6 is probably the cheapest tablet on that list. 99 bucks.

With thanksgiving coming up, I bet you can get it cheaper than that.

I checked a couple others and there is nothing even close to the amazon kindle value and price.

It looks like samsung galaxy tab 3 lite also meets the specs and is 99 bucks but it is a quad core (kindle 6) vs a dual core (galaxy tab 3 lite)... no contest.

There is a useful chart for comparing the kindle fire options part way down on that link. I would go with the galaxy 6 for value, version 7 doesn't seem worth the money unless you really value the extra inch of screen space. I can't imagine going with an 8gb option unless there is external storage so you'll probably end up paying 20 bucks extra for the 16gb option which is a lot more reasonable than other devices charge.

Don't forget protection plans and accessories... could end up paying 100-200 bucks depending on how much you want.

Slashlen

Hopefully all those Kindles mean they're on the Amazon app store.

Blizzard, I have yet to put any money into Hearthstone, but you can have all my useless Amazon App credit!

if you don't already own an android tablet I'd wait until performance impressions come out before buying one. some of the cheaper ones are really sluggish.

Why buy a HP touchpad? Wasn't that thing DOA and like discontinued almost immediately with a huge firesale like just a few months after release?

Plus doesn't it run webOS, not android?

Now that I think about it, my blackberry tablet probably fits this criteria.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Hardware 6-inch screen or larger
Operating System Android 4.0 or later
Memory 1 GB RAM

7 inch screen
No clue if it runs android 4.0 or later tho, gonna have to look that up. It does android emulation though.
Memory = 1gb

According to an old article it says the emulator is supposed to be able to run up to 4.1. I'm asking on the crackberry forums if people think it will... damn I hope so!

Or I can apparently trade it in for 100 dollars credit towards a nexus 9. Not going to do that but here is the link to the deal at best buy, works for any working tablet http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/trade-in-offer-128815

edit:
The potential that next month I could be playing hearthstone on my blackberry tablet I bought a couple years ago (around same time as the HP touch tbh) might be able to run hearthstone has me hyped.

Apt101

My life with Hearthstone thus far:

1. Challenge a new hero, get excited when I hear their banter
2. Become frustrated as they beat me into submission
3. Play them again and proceed to completely destroy them while not doing anything different, really
4. Feverishly play another match like it's going out of style

Also, how do I use this King Mukla legendary? Can I fill up an opponent's deck with bananas or something?

3. Play them again and proceed to completely destroy them while not doing anything different, really

Also, how do I use this King Mukla legendary? Can I fill up an opponent's deck with bananas or something?

No king Mukla is a very strong 5-5 3 mana drop but the big con, is that gives the opponent 2 1/1 bananas that can be used to buff their own creature.

Just had a dream play in Arena. Had a Boulderfist Ogre on the board and in response the other guy filled his up. In hand I had a Shadow Flame and a Flesh Eating Ghoul. Got it buffed to a 7/3. Now that's what I call value!

It is possible to use the bananas to clog the other player's hand, but you'll need a lot more cards to do that. Coldlight Oracle forces both players to draw two cards, both used together with Shadowstep (a Rogue spell) and/or Youthful Brewmaster can force a ton of card draw. Sap and Vanish (both Rogue spells) also force minions from the field back into the player's hand (Vanish forces all minions, including your own), and minions forced back into a full hand are killed instead. Naturalize (a Druid spell) and Dancing Swords (can only be obtained if you have the Naxxramas DLC) are the only other cards to make the opponent draw. I was playing around with a mill deck a few weeks ago, but it's just too unreliable. If you don't pull Coldlight Oracles and a way to bounce them back into your hand, you pretty much lose.

It is possible to use the bananas to clog the other player's hand, but you'll need a lot more cards to do that. Coldlight Oracle forces both players to draw two cards, both used together with Shadowstep (a Rogue spell) and/or Youthful Brewmaster can force a ton of card draw. Sap and Vanish (both Rogue spells) also force minions from the field back into the player's hand (Vanish forces all minions, including your own), and minions forced back into a full hand are killed instead. Naturalize (a Druid spell) and Dancing Swords (can only be obtained if you have the Naxxramas DLC) are the only other cards to make the opponent draw. I was playing around with a mill deck a few weeks ago, but it's just too unreliable. If you don't pull Coldlight Oracles and a way to bounce them back into your hand, you pretty much lose.
There are so many good milling options coming up with the new expansion! That's the part I'm looking forward to the most. There might actually be some viable mill decks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mill is one of the first decks people build when they start out because it's so quirky and interesting, until they realize it's a fundamentally flawed strategy because it doesn't develop or control board state well enough.

Some decks do win through milling though, usually in an "unfair" manner like Painter.

scan

scan
Which is an auto win if Grindstone is activated with Servant in play.

In magic, running out of cards is an instant loss. I Hearthstone it just make you lose HP each turn,so i imagine milling would be less effective.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think milling is more viable in Hearthstone actually. For one, there are far less cards to "mill" through. Second, since everything is attached to creatures, you can't mill without also establishing a modicum of board control which means you're not giving up an important vector to victory from the outset. Third, the game is actually pretty slow, because of how common trading is, meaning more cards being drawn, meaning achieving a successful mill faster.

ShinNL

But... but.. TF300 is the tablet I own...

(Don't care, I play on my PC at home anyway, as long as my phone can run it)

caesar

Banned
Its a shame cards in magic that discard your opponents cards would probably be considered op in hearthstone because there are only 30 cards in a deck.

Mill is one of the first decks people build when they start out because it's so quirky and interesting, until they realize it's a fundamentally flawed strategy because it doesn't develop or control board state well enough.

Some decks do win through milling though, usually in an "unfair" manner like Painter.

Which is an auto win if Grindstone is activated with Servant in play.

How the fuck did they ever let that combo come into fruition?
They never realized that combo before releasing those two cards?

This is why digital TCGs are so awesome, you can just nerf the cards in question after release.

Every new card text with drawbacks is just another buff to wailing soul.

>New Meta
I tried really hard to get Wailing Soul to work. I thought it'd work if I used all the strong cards with drawback. But then you never draw it and you're stuck with a bunch of awful cards.

One thing that I think would be a decent play is using Wailing Soul with Power Overwhelming. So if you used it to trade up, you'd still have that minion on the board. Of course, it you had to use Power Overwhelming to trade, then it might not be a good minion. Also, it can technically be used as a heal. I'm pretty sure, but haven't tested, that if you used Power Overwhelming on say a fresh Blademaster, then dropped a Wailing Soul, it would stay at 4/7.

Rogue is still 70/30 strong. Good job HearthStone community.

ShinNL

I tried really hard to get Wailing Soul to work. I thought it'd work if I used all the strong cards with drawback. But then you never draw it and you're stuck with a bunch of awful cards.

One thing that I think would be a decent play is using Wailing Soul with Power Overwhelming. So if you used it to trade up, you'd still have that minion on the board. Of course, it you had to use Power Overwhelming to trade, then it might not be a good minion. Also, it can technically be used as a heal. I'm pretty sure, but haven't tested, that if you used Power Overwhelming on say a fresh Blademaster, then dropped a Wailing Soul, it would stay at 4/7.
I met a silence Priest yesterday and while he lost because I had a perfect draw of answers, it was still an insanely strong deck. It ran at least 2 owls, 2 silence and 2 spellbreakers and 2 wailing souls, the other minions were things like Zombie Chow, Ancient Watcher and Dancing Sword. He basically kept playing mid range minions one after another and kept silencing all negative effects (and with so many silences he had enough to silence whatever I played that needed to be silenced. It was pretty good. Also played The Beast + silence on turn 6, which I aldored, which he returned to normal with Wailing Soul. It was a nice battle. (I was lucky to draw all my humilities, Aldors, Pyro Equality early.)

Mirimar

Rogue is still 70/30 strong. Good job HearthStone community.

Kripparian had a really fun priest deck using wailing soul and multiple silence options. Paired with ancient Guardians, 2 spell breakers, 1 owl. Didn't run any 1 or 2 drops. I made a variant of it and it was actually pretty solid. I'll post the deck list later. I remember it destroyed the every so often freeze mage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom