• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met a silence Priest yesterday and while he lost because I had a perfect draw of answers, it was still an insanely strong deck. It ran at least 2 owls, 2 silence and 2 spellbreakers and 2 wailing souls, the other minions were things like Zombie Chow, Ancient Watcher and Dancing Sword. He basically kept playing mid range minions one after another and kept silencing all negative effects (and with so many silences he had enough to silence whatever I played that needed to be silenced. It was pretty good. Also played The Beast + silence on turn 6, which I aldored, which he returned to normal with Wailing Soul. It was a nice battle. (I was lucky to draw all my humilities, Aldors, Pyro Equality early.)

Kripparian had a really fun priest deck using wailing soul and multiple silence options. Paired with ancient Guardians, 2 spell breakers, 1 owl. Didn't run any 1 or 2 drops. I made a variant of it and it was actually pretty solid. I'll post the deck list later. I remember it destroyed the every so often freeze mage.

This sounds fun, I've never considered a deck like that. I play Priest often, so I'll track down some deck lists based on this and see if I can't make it at least semi-feasible.

I met a silence Priest yesterday and while he lost because I had a perfect draw of answers, it was still an insanely strong deck. It ran at least 2 owls, 2 silence and 2 spellbreakers and 2 wailing souls, the other minions were things like Zombie Chow, Ancient Watcher and Dancing Sword. He basically kept playing mid range minions one after another and kept silencing all negative effects (and with so many silences he had enough to silence whatever I played that needed to be silenced. It was pretty good. Also played The Beast + silence on turn 6, which I aldored, which he returned to normal with Wailing Soul. It was a nice battle. (I was lucky to draw all my humilities, Aldors, Pyro Equality early.)

That's pretty sweet though. Wish Constructed was more 'supportive' of creative decks like that. Hopefully Goblins vs Gnomes shakes it up for a long time!

Kripparian had a really fun priest deck using wailing soul and multiple silence options. Paired with ancient Guardians, 2 spell breakers, 1 owl. Didn't run any 1 or 2 drops. I made a variant of it and it was actually pretty solid. I'll post the deck list later. I remember it destroyed the every so often freeze mage.

Wonder if it was the same as that other deck, sounds like fun to play.

Here's a question, can BGH destory a minion even if it's got Divine Shield?

Yeah, if it has seven or more attack, it's dead. What's cool is if they have a five attack minion, and you set it to seven with a Angry Sargent, you can still use Big Game Hunter on it. While playing a hunter, I left a Timeberwolf on the board because I knew they were going to play their Highmane soon, which they did, and was quickly removed.

Special C

I look at my Mage, Hunter,Shaman, and Priest decks and they all have undertaker in them. It's depressing but honestly it's the best way to get wins. I also Have Loatheb in 5 out of 9 decks and Sludge Belcher in 4/9.

Naxx man....

egruntz

shelaughz
Can someone explain to me in detail how to go about the infinite quest reset bug? I live in NA, PST time zone. I read up on it but am never able to do it. Would like to start saving gold rather than using it on terrible arena runs. Figured I'll just play the game once every three days, selecting 60 - 100G quests only in the process.

Really hope Hunter gets a solid 4 or 5 drop, and maybe another trap. :) Really hopeful for the control archetype upon this expansion.

Raxus

Can someone explain to me in detail how to go about the infinite quest reset bug? I live in NA, PST time zone. I read up on it but am never able to do it. Would like to start saving gold rather than using it on terrible arena runs. Figured I'll just play the game once every three days, selecting 60 - 100G quests only in the process.

Really hope Hunter gets a solid 4 or 5 drop, and maybe another trap. :) Really hopeful for the control archetype upon this expansion.

It's patched out.

Hunters don't need any more tools at their disposal without breaking the game.

Iryx

Here's the new rogue card
B3Y3ZHHCEAAU8IZ.png

So a cheaper Assassinate with upside, kinda? Pretty cool I suppose.
Edit: Missed random, boooo.
Does that mean the exp is out Dec 4?
I can't say yes 100%, but the set up for next week seems highly likely. You don't build up hype like this and then delay for a week or two.

Seems just as unplayable in constructed as Assassinate.
When I got to rank 3 with one of Mobius' Rogue decks, it had both an Assassinate and Sap. I'd say there could be room if you can capitalize on the tempo advantage. (Did I say that right?)

This at best feels like a Blingtron combo play. I do agree that four Mana is really high since that makes it hard to Combo.

Edit: If you can make it where your opponent is only playing one minion a turn, it's very strong. Should rephrase, it's good against control decks like Warrior who just drop Legendary after Legendary in the end game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Seems just as unplayable in constructed as Assassinate.

Assassinate isn't a bad card, it just doesnt fit into either backspace or miracle rogue. If midrange rogue was more of a thing, I think it would see more play.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I kinda like it but lets face it, in some matches it is just gonna be a 4 mana deadly shot. Which isn't terrible I suppose. I'll have to think about this card some more.

Thats great value if it does kill a weapon though. And potentially deadly against control warrior or control paladin. I wonder if this card would singlehandedly kill tirion and ashbringer?

Xanathus

The only way I can see it being played is if you're expecting to face up against control decks, and even then only those that run weapons. If Tempo Mech Rogue becomes a thing then yeah I could see having 1 of that card in the deck, but otherwise the only place it would get played are in tourneys as a tech card.

That would be interesting.

We'll have to see how the animation/effect plays out, someone could tweet Brode if they wanted to. What matters is how it plays each part of the spell effect. If both parts of the spell go off at the same time, it won't, but if there are two 'parts' to the spell, it'll probably break Ashbringer.

It's hard to even base it off of other Combo cards. You have things like Eviserate and SI:7 Agent, who just do their extra things, but with Defias Ringleader, the card does that special effect for Battlecries and then summons the 2/1.

You can't play Deadly Shot without an enemy minion on the board, right? Kind of a bummer because this could be a clutch Ooze in some cases.

Not a bad counter to Cog Hammer at least.

Dreavus

How the fuck did they ever let that combo come into fruition?
They never realized that combo before releasing those two cards?

This is why digital TCGs are so awesome, you can just nerf the cards in question after release.

The two cards are from two different sets released years apart, so they could have just missed the combo when they printed painter's servant. Magic is a very different game though, and there are some ways to disrupt the combo (even though it is pretty fast). You aren't completely helpless during your opponent's turn like you are in Hearthstone.

Also, I think you can only use the deck in one format, "Legacy", which allows nearly every card in Magic's history, which also means you are likely going up against the most powerful decks and combos out there. This includes a bunch of turn one kills and that kind of thing.

Raxus

Card is all around terrible in anything other than tempo rogue. It doesn't help its effects seem to not promote synergy. Either way it helps rouges become a better match up for warriors and that is about it.
Harrison is a great card even though not every class has a weapon.
Harrison is a 5/4 body with a great effect. This spell is at best a 1-1 trade. They really can't compare.

egruntz

shelaughz
Sabotage is a good card on paper, but it won't get much value as it's rather situational. In most cases where you need a weapon destroyed, it'll be better to use Acidic Swamp Ooze, as it's half the cost and puts a 3/2 body on the board. The "random" effect of Sabotage makes it slightly worse than it needs to be, in my opinion. It should have been a 3 mana cost card to compare with Deadly Shot; the combo prerequisite is enough of a setback for the additional effect.

Really hope the Hunter minion wins the vote. Looks interesting.

Iryx

So it's looking like around 2/3s of the GvG card is going to class-specific.
With the Ogre Ninja reveal, we've seen three Rogue rares, and I'm assuming that we'll get three commons per class even if we haven't seen it, just because having more rares than commons would be odd, and then two epics and one legendary, which in total makes 9 cards per class.
So assuming class equality, means that 81/120 cards would be class-specific.

So it's looking like around 2/3s of the GvG card is going to class-specific.
With the Ogre Ninja reveal, we've seen three Rogue rares, and I'm assuming that we'll get three commons per class even if we haven't seen it, just because having more rares than commons would be odd, and then two epics and one legendary, which in total makes 9 cards per class.
So assuming class equality, means that 81/120 cards would be class-specific.

It is possible that is roughly how it breaks down. Keep in mind that they never said it was exactly 120 cards. They actually said over 120 new cards.

I think more class cards than neutrals is really needed though.

More class cards are probably easier to deal with balance wise too. If a class card is too strong, they can easily change that and only effect that class. If a neutral card is too strong in one class/deck but just barely makes another class/deck viable or playable, then it's kind of hard to nerf that card without hurting the ok deck.

This is just an example/assumption though. I don't think there has ever been a minion card in that position.

ViviOggi

Did Warlock get anything playable besides maybe that cannon yet? Because it's absurd how bad those class cards are, the two functional variants run like 4-6

Did Warlock get anything playable besides maybe that cannon yet? Because it's absurd how bad those class cards are, the two functional variants run like 4-6

That's kind of the point. The flavour of the Warlock class is to trade resources for power, it's not their fault people realised most of the cards were shit. I tried to make Demonlock work after Naxx but it was shite and I went back to Handlock.

kirblar

It is possible that is roughly how it breaks down. Keep in mind that they never said it was exactly 120 cards. They actually said over 120 new cards.

I think more class cards than neutrals is really needed though.
Agreed- they have had a major issue with too-good neutral cards dominating since the beginning and making decks (like UT rushdown) feel same-y, pushing the power into the individual classes is a better way to differentiate them.

ViviOggi

That's kind of the point. The flavour of the Warlock class is to trade resources for power, it's not their fault people realised most of the cards were shit. I tried to make Demonlock work after Naxx but it was shite and I went back to Handlock.

I know that's the idea, but when 80% of a class's cards are unplayable while decks filled with neutrals are constantly on top of the meta only because the hero power is ridiculously powerful then you have a fundamental design problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom