• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Scarlet Purifier. Only really prepares Spiderinos for Consecrate, does little against Harvest Golem and activates Eggs, but can trade with the Nerubian in theory. Hm.

Xanathus

Feign Death is disgusting and absolutely OP if it doesn't kill the deathrattle minions. It's also unbalanced because it only affects your own minions whereas the anti-deathrattle minion affects all minions... Blizzard is just making hunter more OP.

Yeah that card is crazy if it has zero drawbacks for triggering Deathrattles. Hopefully it consumes the effect. Just way to strong in the current Meta.

inky

New cards with Deathrattle focus.
PHKI4070JZPY1417033996639.jpg

Are you shitting me? This looks a bit OP.

Double egg, then boom. GG

Won

Does Feign Death also kill the deathrattle minions?

Take a guess....

Feign Death will trigger all existing Deathrattles on your minions as if the minion died, without the glaring drawback of actually dying. Have a Nerubian Egg in play? Now you have a Nerubian Egg AND a Nerubian! Have Sneed’s Old Shredder in play? Now you have a Sneed’s Old Shredder and a random Legendary minion! The combinations are endless, and only get more interesting with Baron Rivendare in play . . . combined with Feign Death, your minions trigger their Deathrattles twice!

Xanathus

The question now is whether you have 1 or 2 copies of this card, and what would you replace it with? I'm leaning towards just 1 because it's situational, and I'd probably just run 3 secrets instead of 4. I don't think the Snake Trap + Juggler + UTH Hunter decks has space to run this.

Hmm you'd also want to run Nerubian Eggs in a deck with this but if you do that then you'd want to run 2 Feign Deaths since otherwise you may not have a way to activate the Eggs.

It actually seems more like a midrange hunter card than aggro tbh.

I like the paladin card. Not sure if it is good enough to just throw into any control paladin deck though.

Lil' exorcist only requires 1 deathrattle minion on board for it to be worth playing and a 3/4 taunt seems pretty good at the 3cc point. 2 deathrattle minons make it a 4/5 with taunt so a better senjin for 1 less mana. It does look like a good counter to deathrattle decks. If UT is buffed twice, this thing is bigger. If no UT is even pulled, how can a deathrattle deck even hope to win?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Excellent, control hunter here we come. It really doesn't have a place in undertaker hunter either which is even better

I feel like you guys are overreacting. What deathrattles (that hunter runs right now, at least), perhaps besides highmane, are actually worth triggering on a consistent basis? Leper gnome for 2 damage? Spawn some 1/1s from haunted creeper? Draw a beast off webspinner? Sludge belcher?

If you're clearing board it is gonna be hard to get multiple deathrattles to go off. If you aren't clearing board, you've probably already lost anyway. If you planned on aoe, that plan probably isn't going to change.

edit:
Hence why I think it is more of a midrange card that relies on some card draw so they can use these kind of situational cards.

Xanathus

I feel like you guys are overreacting. What deathrattles (that hunter runs right now, at least), perhaps besides highmane, are actually worth triggering on a consistent basis? Leper gnome for 2 damage? Spawn some 1/1s from haunted creeper? Draw a beast off webspinner? Sludge belcher?

If you're clearing board it is gonna be hard to get multiple deathrattles to go off. If you aren't clearing board, you've probably already lost anyway. If you planned on aoe, that plan probably isn't going to change.

Mad Scientist for drawing AND playing a free secret, Loot Hoarder for double draw, Webspinner is good enough as effectively a double draw. This doesn't even include the new GvG minions with Deathrattle that may be coming out. It basically fixes Hunter's only problem which is lack of card draw.

Mad Scientist for drawing AND playing a free secret, Loot Hoarder for double draw, Webspinner is good enough as effectively a double draw. This doesn't even include the new GvG minions with Deathrattle that may be coming out. It basically fixes Hunter's only problem which is lack of card draw.

I did forget about mad scientist, but it is only playing a 2 mana card to get a random 2 mana secret out. With webspinner you're cycling a 2 mana card to get a random beast. Not bad, but not terribly strong either. If you get both of these, you get value, but how often will that happen?

Haunted

edit:
Hence why I think it is more of a midrange card that relies on some card draw so they can use these kind of situational cards.
It is a situational card, yes.

But it's so easy to imagine all kinds of disgusting synergies with it. 4/5 Baine Bloodhoof for 2 mana. Free Sylvanas mind control for 2 Mana. So many free secrets with Mad Scientists. Double Leper Gnome for pretty much guaranteed 4 mana 8 face damage. Plus whatever else is on board in each of these cases without weakening your own board state.

Honestly, you don't even have to try and find a place for this card in the current aggressive Hunter meta. Feign Death is so strong that a new meta will build around it.

It is a situational card, yes.

But it's so easy to imagine all kinds of disgusting synergies with it. 4/5 Baine Bloodhoof for 2 mana. Free Sylvanas mind control for 2 Mana. So many free secrets with Mad Scientists. Double Leper Gnome for pretty much guaranteed 4 mana 8 face damage. Plus whatever else is on board in each of these cases!

Honestly, you don't even have to try and find a place for this card in the current aggressive Hunter meta. Feign Death is so strong that a new meta will build around it.

I'd imagine hunter wouldn't run cairne over highmane at least.

It is a card that is actually a bit comparable to reincarnate though. 2 mana, free sylvanas mind control... great in shaman? It's okay. If you can trigger it off multiple deathrattles, sound goods though.

Haunted

I'd imagine hunter wouldn't run cairne over highmane at least.

It is a card that is actually a bit comparable to reincarnate though. 2 mana, free sylvanas mind control... great in shaman? It's okay. If you can trigger it off multiple deathrattles, sound goods though.
Reincarnate is the closest comparison, yes, but triggering on one minion with Deathrattle or all minions with Deathrattle is the difference between Holy Smite and Consecration (at the same mana cost, though Reincarnate has the usually small benefit of also healing the minion).

And a well-placed Reincarnate combo can already win games. Imagine what Feign Death can do.

What deathrattle minions though?
Early game? Two Haunted Creepers and a Mad Scientist.

Late game? A Savannah/Sylvanas and a Piloted Sky Golem. :p

ViviOggi

Did HUNTER of all classes seriously just get an AoE Reincarnate for 2 mana

Only 2 days after the abomination that is Gahz'Rilla

Are you fucking shitting me Blizz

They're not even trying to balance this cancer class anymore

Just baffled

(Late reaction because I somehow thought green was Druid and didn't bother)

Early game? Two Haunted Creepers and a Mad Scientist.

Late game? A Savannah/Sylvanas and a Piloted Sky Golem. :p

I feel like that is a bit of a stretch to have 2 haunted creepers and a mad scientist up all at once. If that is happening, you've probably already lost either way unless you have an AOE clear coming already, in which case the 4 extra 1/1s are just gonna die anyhow.

I think it has more of a role in a midrange deck since you can play some stronger deathrattle effects and trigger it before your opponent can clear.

edit:
reynad's opinion is "unplayable"
https://twitter.com/AndreyYanyuk/status/538053105511055361

This is kind of what I am concluding. I don't think it is completely unplayable but more along the lines of reincarnate where getting huge value is going to be too situational so the card may not even be played.

ViviOggi

Reynard still brings Face Warrior to tournaments despite it getting destroyed every single time, so I wouldn't rate his opinion too highly when it comes to deck building.

zoukka

Feign Death might be good if Hunter can play more deathrattles and somehow fit the card in with them. Right now it seems to be of similar strength as Rebirth. Sometimes better, sometimes worse.

It's not the bomb you guys are making it out to be :b

Feign Death might be good if Hunter can play more deathrattles and somehow fit the card in with them. Right now it seems to be of similar strength as Rebirth. Sometimes better, sometimes worse.

It's not the bomb you guys are making it out to be :b
I think the issue, at least in my mind anyway, is that Undertaker/Deathrattle Hunter is already strong as is. Without seeing any wind of an Undertaker nerf along with a card that could make the deck even stronger is really damn annoying. I would also expect that Blizzard receives a ton of complaints about it and this could be seen as ignoring those people.

egruntz

shelaughz

OMG HOLY SHIT

What do I do with these guys? Disenchant Noz? Already have Ysera. Disenchant that one too? HOLY SHIT best pack I've ever gotten lmao.

By the way, Feign Death is great when paired with Sylvannas. Control Hunter will be a thing.

ViviOggi

OMG HOLY SHIT

What do I do with these guys? Disenchant Noz? Already have Ysera. Disenchant that one too? HOLY SHIT best pack I've ever gotten lmao.

Ayyyy

Yeah Nozdormu is worthless, de and keep the dust until G&G imo. Ysera isn't going to get nerfed anytime soon so you might as well de her too.

Xanathus

OMG HOLY SHIT

By the way, Feign Death is great when paired with Sylvannas. Control Warrior will be a thing.

Keep Noz until you're really sure of what the meta is going to be like after GvG and are absolutely sure you know what you want to dust it for. Feign Death is a Hunter-only card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom