• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was 2ish weeks ago. I've barely played since then due to other reasons.

Then perhaps you just were not recognizing them. It isn't like a bat to the face obvious. And I'd also imagine that in times of higher player count you are less likely to run into a bot so the time of the day would have to be taken into account.

Zafir

Then perhaps you just were not recognizing them. It isn't like a bat to the face obvious. And I'd also imagine that in times of higher player count you are less likely to run into a bot so the time of the day would have to be taken into account.
Well, yes, I imagine it'll be a time dependent thing, maybe server too if you aren't on EU like I am or something. But I do know how to spot them, I have seen them, just not as frequently as people seem to suggest. :p

Edit: To add I do usually play during more prime times, so that's probably a good explanation why. I'd assume they'd be more around over night while people sleep or something.

Well, yes, I imagine it'll be a time dependent thing, maybe server too if you aren't on EU like I am or something. But I do know how to spot them, I have seen them, just not as frequently as people seem to suggest. :p

Edit: To add I do usually play during more prime times, so that's probably a good explanation why. I'd assume they'd be more around over night while people sleep or something.

My assumption is that they run them all the time, so the amount of them is fairly stable. What changes is the chance you run into them since during prime time the amount in relation to actual players is very low whereas during off peak times the ratio is quite different if not high.

Even now I've played vs 2 bots. Once in casual and once now in ranked. It is 2pm where I am at. I almost did not notice because I am not always on the look out but sometimes even the odd order of play makes me not realize I am playing a bot but make me look for the sure signs.

Minsc

Gold Member
Remember too, bots can have better AI than real players. They don't miss lethal or play anything at all like the AI in the game which is a joke.

I watched a stream a few weeks back of a bot, and the thing used most of the cards properly, and in the right order etc. Went on a decent win streak before losing too.

Also, everyone makes arrows (including iPad users). Whenever you target something like drag a unit to attack another, it makes an arrow to that unit. At least in the matches I play I see my opponents making them all the time. Extremely rare I see a whole match without any red arrows. You don't have to hover for a long time, the arrows come up real fast. Unless you queue your whole turn's actions instantly, you generally make them while playing.

johnsmith

remember me
Rank 2 and all I'm playing is legends. wtf.

Legends with the fucking perfect opening hands twice in a row. Fuck this game.

Ultrabum

Remember too, bots can have better AI than real players. They don't miss lethal or play anything at all like the AI in the game which is a joke.

I watched a stream a few weeks back of a bot, and the thing used most of the cards properly, and in the right order etc. Went on a decent win streak before losing too.

Also, everyone makes arrows. Whenever you target something like drag a unit to attack another, it makes an arrow to that unit. At least in the matches I play. Extremely rare I see a whole match without any red arrows. You don't have to hover for a long time, the arrows come up real fast. Unless you queue your whole turn, you generally make them while playing.

It's all about tge type of deck too. Bots are really good at playing zoo, now that there are more hunter + new cards they are probably less effective.

Xanathus

Rank 2 and all I'm playing is legends. wtf.

Legends with the fucking perfect opening hands twice in a row. Fuck this game.
You actually have a higher chance of winning against legends this late in the season compared to other climbers because the legends are more likely to play fun decks or stuff that isn't consistent. Other people who are rank 1-5 are also likely to be players that have reached legend previously and it doesn't mean they aren't as good as legends,

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah, just frustrating as fuck sometimes. On the plus side, my win rate against hunters has gone WAY up with my priest deck. And thoughtstole savannah + houndmaster two games in a row!

rac

Banned
Also, everyone makes arrows (including iPad users). Whenever you target something like drag a unit to attack another, it makes an arrow to that unit. At least in the matches I play I see my opponents making them all the time. Extremely rare I see a whole match without any red arrows. You don't have to hover for a long time, the arrows come up real fast. Unless you queue your whole turn's actions instantly, you generally make them while playing.

I turned on reckul's stream and he said bots have arrows now, don't know if its true or not though.

Just played a priest and he Mind Visioned/Thought Stealed

3 Water Elementals

2 Fireballs

1 Flamestrike

Fuck you Priest

Fuck you

Priests make me rageeeeee

Just had one of the funniest games I've had in Hearthstone

They dropped Cho, I had a mirror image up, so the board looked like this

eEQ397I.jpg

Towards the end of the game the board looked like this

Both of us were too scared to drop any spells for four or five turns, then he dropped a mirror image and all hell broke lose :lol

Oh man, just had a match that probably made this handlock FURIOUS.

What is that? A mountain giant?

Coldlight oracle - handlock's hand is at 10. Sap = dead mountain giant. Then burns a DOA off his draw.

Next turn -

7 damage from board + 4 cold blood + 8 from 2x eviscerate + 4 from blood poison on a 2 damage weapon

= 23 damage... he had 17.

I just love these situations. I had it happen today vs a druid except it went more like, he played an ancient of lore, then I played coldlight oracle + KIDNAPPER to kill his ancient of lore. People underrate kidnapper tbh. I leveraged it to kill a minion and put down 6 extra damage for next turn. This late into the game, he doesn't have cheap efficient removals and even if he did, and even did not lose his minion, it is very difficult to re-establish board and remove at the same time. And assuming I have other board presence, and I usually do, they aren't dealing with them.

WHY ARE PRIESTS RUNNING MIND CONTROL? NOBODY FUCKING RUNS THAT CARD ANYMORE.

lol, I actually ran into a mind control the other day. The game got slower is a lot of ways with the expansion. I am not surprised to see it, although it is still very situational.

Also, like normal people are overstating hunter prevalence tbh. I've only run into a 2-3 out of 10-15 matches.

lol, I actually ran into a mind control the other day. The game got slower is a lot of ways with the expansion. I am not surprised to see it, although it is still very situational.

Also, like normal people are overstating hunter prevalence tbh. I've only run into a 2-3 out of 10-15 matches.

Lots of zoo in the upper ranks, kinda surprising.

ShinNL

Oh man, just had a match that probably made this handlock FURIOUS.

What is that? A mountain giant?

Coldlight oracle - handlock's hand is at 10. Sap = dead mountain giant. Then burns a DOA off his draw.

Next turn -

7 damage from board + 4 cold blood + 8 from 2x eviscerate + 4 from blood poison on a 2 damage weapon

= 23 damage... he had 17.

I just love these situations. I had it happen today vs a druid except it went more like, he played an ancient of lore, then I played coldlight oracle + KIDNAPPER to kill his ancient of lore. People underrate kidnapper tbh. I leveraged it to kill a minion and put down 6 extra damage for next turn. This late into the game, he doesn't have cheap efficient removals and even if he did, and even did not lose his minion, it is very difficult to re-establish board and remove at the same time. And assuming I have other board presence, and I usually do, they aren't dealing with them.
The power of sap is kind of overpowered. The same reason why secret Hunter is so hated, because of Freezing Trap.You either get your minions killed manually, or just sent back. High cost minions are hard to kill, which is usually sapped back, but that means the opposing player has wasted a lot of mana.

Props for using Kidnapper though. When I tried a Mill Rogue it was pretty interesting, though it's hard to balance out milling and pushing for damage.

WHY ARE PRIESTS RUNNING MIND CONTROL? NOBODY FUCKING RUNS THAT CARD ANYMORE.
I remember a recent game where a Priest thoughtstole my Mountain Giant and the following turn my Ancestral Spirit Earth Elemental. I was like... damn, your deck must suck really hard vs everything else... while I was dying.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When people started running Ysera again.

Huheuheuehuehue

The power of sap is kind of overpowered. The same reason why secret Hunter is so hated, because of Freezing Trap.You either get your minions killed manually, or just sent back. High cost minions are hard to kill, which is usually sapped back, but that means the opposing player has wasted a lot of mana.

Props for using Kidnapper though. When I tried a Mill Rogue it was pretty interesting, though it's hard to balance out milling and pushing for damage.

I wouldn't consider my deck mill by any means. I think of it as a slow aggro or tempo deck.

Coldlight oracle is mainly used as a tempo card. We both draw cards but I gain a 2/2 out of the process so I am slightly ahead. Every once in a while, he is amazing for causing overdraw. I used to run mukla, and I sort of want to still run him, but I am trying kelthuzad out atm and mukla is always an iffy card and usually a pretty poor one vs aggro.

Oracle is actually a really good card imo, but somewhat situational depending on the match up. I think I might start keeping him in my opening hand more often.

I don't think sap is OP though. Really strong under the right circumstances and definitely punishes slow decks that are dependent on playing on curve like druid.

Zemm

That was insane, I don't feel like Amaz made any mistakes but the draw for Trump just fell into place perfectly. One of them things I suppose.

Now a priest plays mindgames and gets Sylvanas.

Thats the only legendary I run in this deck

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

God I hate priests

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Where's everyone watching this?

Now a priest plays mindgames and gets Sylvanas.

Thats the only legendary I run in this deck

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

God I hate priests

If a Priest ever says "Thank you." after Thoughtstealing, just imagine the best card they could possibly have gotten and they probably just got two of them... or one of each of your best Legendaries.

That's my tell, anyway, as I always thank people after I steal their great cards.

Minsc

Gold Member
I always expect one mind control vs Priest. Why wouldn't you run a copy of the card that single-handedly beats most control decks? Even if you don't face Control all that often, it can often trade 3:1 or better.

I'm not even sure if it's possible for a control Paladin to win vs Priest when their Tirion is mind controlled against them. Just for that match-up alone it's worth having one in your deck.

Two is a bit of a shock, but if I see thought steal, I expect mind control.

johnsmith

remember me
And of course I get wrecked by an all gold hunter either running king krush or got one from a webspinner, who ALSO had a gold king mukla, and the king krush was literally the only card in the game that would have won him the game. WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom