• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

johnsmith

remember me
Rank 1. I guess i have no choice but to get to legend this season. 1 whole week should be plenty of time.

Anybody getting tired of the game should really give priest a try. Funnest class to play, I think.

Haunted

Priests are weak against me because my decks are bad.

So they only steal shit.

I'm a genius.

That said, I'm happy the universally mocked class from a couple weeks back has made a return without any major changes happening, just some ingenious pro level players creating and playing good decks with fun combos.

I never thought of using avenge in combination of nerubian egg. But first time I came across it... I actually won despite a very bad start. I mean, I didn't do anything until I used assassin's blade turn 5 other than hero power. And turn 6 he dropped a sunwalker.

But then a bit of stockholm syndrome hit the board. Backstabbed his recruit (lol) to trigger avenge, hoping it would hit the sunwalker. It hit his 3/3 shade of naxxramas instead. Used kidnapper on the sunwalker. Backstabbed the shade and face tanked it with assassin's blade.

What a swing!

I even still had black knight in case he dropped sunwalker right away.

Very crazy swing from 4 minions on the board to a useless nerubian egg vs a kidnapper and my assassin's blade equipped. I ended up winning two turns later when he dropped his sunwalker, already having hit him in the face with a cold blooded kidnapper once and having enough mana to eviscerate and black knight in the same turn.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
That said, I'm happy the universally mocked class from a couple weeks back has made a return without any major changes happening, just some ingenious pro level players creating and playing good decks with fun combos.

Genuinely not sure if serious.

TomServo

You ever get the feeling that the game *wants* you to have certain cards?

I've been playing since iPad release... other than a one-time buy of 15 packs, I've only bought packs from in-game gold. I'd say I've probably opened 150 packs, tops.

Epics... I've got no BGH, no giants except for one Sea Giant, and am missing some key class cards like Doomhammer, Ancient of War (only have one Ancient of Lore), and Gorehowl.

I just got my third Patient Assassin. This one was gold, at least.

Leezard

The release of an entire set of new cards and the best 3 drop in game isn't "major changes?"

Isn't Peacekeeper still the better 3 drop? Dark Cultist is great though.

You ever get the feeling that the game *wants* you to have certain cards?

I've been playing since iPad release... other than a one-time buy of 15 packs, I've only bought packs from in-game gold. I'd say I've probably opened 150 packs, tops.

Epics... I've got no BGH, no giants except for one Sea Giant, and am missing some key class cards like Doomhammer, Ancient of War (only have one Ancient of Lore), and Gorehowl.

I just got my third Patient Assassin. This one was gold, at least.

I got my fourth King Krush today. I still lack some of the "essential" legendaries.

Haunted

The release of an entire set of new cards and the best 3 drop in game isn't "major changes?"
Dark Cultist is great, but I don't think he's the reason Priest is suddenly getting played.

It was Amaz winning tournaments with his priest deck (weeks before the first Naxx wing released) that started this resurgence, imo. IEM Shenzhen was 19th of July.

Ah, I've never seen a tournament where they had this extra game to reset before. Makes sense if all players should lose twice to go out.

it's pretty common with double elimination tourney brackets. some don't do it because of all the time it takes.

it's also why a lot of people run round robin pools and then a single elimination tourney

scy

Dark Cultist is great, but I don't think he's the reason Priest is suddenly getting played.

It was Amaz winning tournaments with his priest deck (weeks before the first Naxx wing released) that started this resurgence, imo. IEM Shenzhen was 19th of July.

Tournament results don't mean much in most these discussions since they're not quite the same field. Most people said Priest is a better Tournament class than ladder one (in fact, pre-Naxx it had the hands down best record in tournament play) for a long time. Naxx shifting the meta in general + new cards to be used gave them a lot of help for ladder play, however.

I'm an expert

if anyone just watched this nonsense.. look at every post ive ever made about rdu in these threads.. there you go

there you fuckin go

I'm an expert

RNG makes Hearthstone so much more exciting to watch.

The amount of thought theude gave to every situation, going through the choices of rag or not, faceless or not, charge or not.. these are exciting..

Contemplating whether or not to double soul fire.. exciting..

topdecking the absolutely only card that could save you and instantly clicking and dragging it.. not exciting

frequency

^this

While it was interesting final match, not nearly as exciting as the announcers pretended. It seemed really forced. They really need to reel it in some.

It was exciting to me. I don't feel the announcers really pretended. Admirable is just an excitable person.

But aside from that, I was literally on the edge of my seat for that last game waiting for the Rag shots. I was watching it with my friend and he found it really fun too. I guess we just got into it more than you did.

The amount of thought theude gave to every situation, going through the choices of rag or not, faceless or not, charge or not.. these are exciting..

Contemplating whether or not to double soul fire.. exciting..

topdecking the absolutely only card that could save you and instantly clicking and dragging it.. not exciting

We'll just disagree. RNG makes it really fun for me. Skill shines through repeated good performance rather than in each single game. It is about mitigating RNG through ability over several matches.
The RNG within each game makes it exciting to watch for me. I don't want to watch a chess match. I want to watch a card game.

well, that game was crazy because it was crazy. not because anyone played well.

I agree with that. In fact, I think theude or whoever played poorly. He should have faceless'd that first chance, because I feel like if you're gonna bother going all in on turn 4 like that, you don't play it safe turn 5. That is just my thoughts at least.

It was exciting to me. I don't feel the announcers really pretended. Admirable is just an excitable person.

But aside from that, I was literally on the edge of my seat for that last game waiting for the Rag shots. I was watching it with my friend and he found it really fun too. I guess we just got into it more than you did.

I didn't say I didn't like it. I found the commentary irritatingly overwhelming. When things are slow, I like the commentary. but when things are going fast, you don't need a play by play radio-show-like reiteration of everything that just happened.

Haunted

Tournament results don't mean much in most these discussions since they're not quite the same field. Most people said Priest is a better Tournament class than ladder one (in fact, pre-Naxx it had the hands down best record in tournament play) for a long time. Naxx shifting the meta in general + new cards to be used gave them a lot of help for ladder play, however.
Maybe I'm giving Amaz and his results too much credit, or maybe I just extrapolated too much from my own experience (I started seriously trying Priest again after seeing him featured on Liquid Hearth, reading about his tournament wins and looking up some of his fun combo plays on the Youtubes).

I'm an expert

I agree with that. In fact, I think theude or whoever played poorly. He should have faceless'd that first chance, because I feel like if you're gonna bother going all in on turn 4 like that, you don't play it safe turn 5. That is just my thoughts at least.

This I agree with. Not going all out and instead trying to play smart after a turn 4 rag is just weak.

We'll just disagree. RNG makes it really fun for me. Skill shines through repeated good performance rather than in each single game. It is about mitigating RNG through ability over several matches.

something rdu has never done

frequency

II didn't say I didn't like it. I found the commentary irritatingly overwhelming. When things are slow, I like the commentary. but when things are going fast, you don't need a play by play radio-show-like reiteration of everything that just happened.

Oh. I may have misunderstood you. I can definitely see not liking the commentary.

something rdu has never done

Rdu does consistently well in tournaments because he is an excellent player.

I'm an expert

Rdu does consistently well in tournaments because he is an excellent player.

You are wrong. If I were the only asshole who thought this I'd gladly admit it. The first 3 streams I hit after the tourney all said the same thing - RDU played like shit this tournament, he has played better before actually, but rng bailed him out.

Can't disagree there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom