• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Reynad is terrible

edit: hahaha amazing ending

Im not sure why anyone would say that. He played that last game exactly as he should have considering what he drew. But RDU had exactly what he needed exactly at the right time. If RDU doesnt draw the giants early, or has one less taunt giver he dies by turn 6 at the latest.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Can't say much for my boy Reynard. If you're gonna shit talk someone, gotta back it up when it counts.

Im not sure why anyone would say that. He played that last game exactly as he should have considering what he drew. But RDU had exactly what he needed exactly at the right time. If RDU doesnt draw the giants early, or has one less taunt giver he dies by turn 6 at the latest.

This will always be the case with rdu. Watch his games. Incredible draws most of the time.

johnsmith

remember me
I just played Dennis. I have a Sylvanas out with 1 hp, he drops a Cairne, THEN he hero powers it dead. At first I thought it was bot, but then he conceded.

it was pretty unlucky for reynad that rdu had both sunfury protectors. even if one of those had been argus it would be a very different game.

ShinNL

I hope the blind hate doesn't flow over from the Twitch chat to here. I find it incredible sad that in any gaming community there always has to be someone who's the target of blind hate. I'm already seeing some signs of those kind of posts here. Bad taste.

Zemm

Did you see the subsequent draws? How does he deal with it?

He gave up his one chance of winning with that dumbass play.

Personally I think he's poor (relatively speaking) for how much he plays and the experience with card games he has, too often letting it go down to the rope, missing plays because of it, panicking and doing it wrong anyway, he's definitely one of the weakest top players.

I hope the blind hate doesn't flow over from the Twitch chat to here. I find it incredible sad that in any gaming community there always has to be someone who's the target of blind hate. I'm already seeing some signs of those kind of posts here. Bad taste.

Yeah. I don't even get it. What has reynad done to deserve the hate? He played well in match ups that heavily favored the handlock mixed in with a bit of bad luck.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

Personally I think he's poor (relatively speaking) for how much he plays and the experience with card games he has, too often letting it go down to the rope, missing plays because of it, panicking and doing it wrong anyway, he's definitely one of the weakest top players.

I think he is the absolute smartest top player in terms of thinking ahead, deck building, and commentating as well. But I can't argue he doesn't have the best results.

Yeah. I don't even get it. What has reynad done to deserve the hate? He played well in match ups that heavily favored the handlock mixed in with a bit of bad luck.

He's a milder version of ek0p, but I think the thing is he has a hard time dealing with rng just not going his way. That's just the nature of this game, but he takes it so hard that he can't help but feel jaded.

Zemm

I think he is the absolute smartest top player in terms of thinking ahead, deck building, and commentating as well.

I agree with this, he's probably one of the very best deck builders and his analysis is great when he does it, but he makes waaaaay too many mistakes in tournaments for my liking.

arimanius

I think he just rubs some people the wrong way with his reactions. I think it's the opposite with Trump who is more personable so more people like him imo.

frequency

It's not really hate (for me). It's just because of the trash talk and accusations against Rdu around Dreamhack. So I like when Rdu beats Reynad due to their history.

I'm an expert

I agree with this, he's probably one of the very best deck builders, but makes waaaaay too many mistakes in tournaments for my liking.

His mtg experience is where all that comes. As for mistakes.. I dunno.. I think he makes way, way less mistakes than most people. I do encourage you to look over rdu games, that kid gets insane draws. Or watch the tournament reynad had with thijs where he played almost perfectly and still lost to draws. Just how hearthstone is sometimes.

Cipherr

The rope does not indicate a bad player. I think he has missed a play once due to rope, and he isn't the only one that has happened too, you are also criticizing a play in hindsight which is not a good look. He had two paths and he chose one, it wasn't really all that bad a play until you see what happened afterwards which he couldnt have really been sure of beforehand.

Then finally yo are calling him one of the weakest top players when in this very tourney we have had players doing dumb shit like flat out missing lethal.

Sorry but no, feels like the lame twitch pile on stuff, the guy plays well but doesn't win. He is far from an awful player though.

All those times he's let it go to the rope, panicked and made the wrong play or completely missed the play? The Gromm play just now? There's plenty.

Letting it go to rope is fine, there is ONE time that I recall that he missed a play due to rope, and the Gromm play was fine except in hindsight after knowing the following draws. You aren't really naming anything but ONE time where he missed a play due to rope, and you are going to have to convince us how thats worse than the number of players missing lethal and other stupid mistakes in this very tournament. You say "Plenty" but name one thats ancient history, reference that same one again, then name a play that just happened but that actually wasn't that bad.

ShinNL

All those times he's let it go to the rope, panicked and made the wrong play or completely missed the play? The Gromm play just now? There's plenty.
In other words, you have zero examples and your rant is about the last play, whereas your play would've been YOLO face, which you would have considered the better play. You're a bunch of air.

Good job on listing zero example when you say "makes waaaaay too many mistakes in tournaments".

Zemm

In other words, you have zero examples and your rant is about the last play, whereas your play would've been YOLO face, which you would have considered the better play. You're a bunch of air.

Good job on listing zero example when you say "makes waaaaay too many mistakes in tournaments".

haha how are those not examples?

Cipherr

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

Tacitus_ said:
I just like the schadenfreude when he loses. You can almost taste the salt flowing from him.

I do too, the salt is hilarious, but thats a different issue than calling him a bad player. He is definitely not a bad player.

don't people hate him because he created warlock zoo and mad scientist hunter?

They may, but thats again different from being a bad player. You figure those builds out because you have a great understanding of the game. Its counter with calling him a bad player.

I get the impression that Reynad is arrogant from the little bit I've seen of him. So, I don't dislike him, but I'm much happier cheering for good guy Amaz, for example, then someone that comes off as arrogant... And not just arrogant as an act, but legitimately seems like an arrogant person.

I'm an expert

don't people hate him because he created warlock zoo and mad scientist hunter?

People do not hate him for being an expert deck builder lol..

I get the impression that Reynad is arrogant from the little bit I've seen of him. So, I don't dislike him, but I'm much happier cheering for good guy Amaz, for example, then someone that comes off as arrogant... And not just arrogant as an act, but legitimately seems like an arrogant person.

What is wrong with being arrogant? Players like Amaz who are incredibly fake annoy me more.

Zemm

Players like Amaz who are incredibly fake annoy me more.

His stream is unwatchable with the fake enthusiasm and over the top screaming and shouting, give me Reynad salt over that any day. When you see how relaxed and calm Amaz is in tournaments it's even funnier.

I'm an expert

His stream is unwatchable with the fake enthusiasm and over the top screaming and shouting, give me Reynad salt over that any day. When you see how relaxed and calm Amaz is in tournaments it's even funnier.

That's what I mean. You can see the social awkwardness oozing from him in any setting with people. Then on stream he acts wild. Just be like Trump, boring on stream, boring in real life.

To be fair though, I love rdu's deck choice. I think a lot of those guys forgot handlock still a great deck, even with all your dumb naxx cards.

Haunted

I enjoy a cyclically changing meta, it shows the game is played and alive.

Deleted all my decks yesterday and am going to try and build new ones next time I have time.

That's what I mean. You can see the social awkwardness oozing from him in any setting with people. Then on stream he acts wild. Just be like Trump, boring on stream, boring in real life.
:lol

I'm an expert

Trump is not boring :<

The absolute worst streamer out there. I'd rather watch Lea. I assume if he didn't have a previous SC2 audience that no one would watch him. No personality, no insight, no interesting interaction with chat, no music.. nothing.. nada..

His best contribution are the basic decks back near release.

ShinNL

haha how are those not examples?
How about all the times you peed your pants, got slapped in the face and was beaten up?

See how these statements are the exact opposite of examples? When I ask for examples of what you said, I didn't ask you to repeat your previous words of accusation.

Haunted

The absolute worst streamer out there. I'd rather watch Lea. I assume if he didn't have a previous SC2 audience that no one would watch him. No personality, no insight, no interesting interaction with chat, no music.. nothing.. nada..
well...

no personality - fair point
no insight - disagree
no interesting interaction with chat - that's a positive
no music - not saying I didn't enjoy his FF soundtrack marathons during SC2 times, but considering how bad many streamer's music tastes are, I'd consider that as a positive as well

Having Trump on as background noise is very easy.

I'm an expert

RDUS HAND THIS GAME IS DISGUSTING

well...

no personality - fair point
no insight - disagree
no interesting interaction with chat - that's a positive
no music - not saying I didn't enjoy his FF soundtrack marathons during SC2 times, but considering how bad many streamer's music tastes are, I'd consider that as a positive as well

Having Trump on as background noise is very easy.

Because it's like having dead air on in the background..? Uh, yeah, I guess I agree.

Zemm

Trump is not boring :<

haha he really is, he's like modern day WWE PG era. Which is completely fine, and I have a ton of respect for him as his stream and basic deck builds have helped me a huge amount in getting into the game, but now I need something more hardcore with "so bad it's amazing" music and profanity, which is why I watch Forsen.

Tacitus_

He plays well, I enjoy his personality (thank fuck for no over the top nonsense) and he answers questions from chat. All I need from a streamer.

(and I didn't watch him streaming SC)

I'm an expert

He plays well, I enjoy his personality (thank fuck for no over the top nonsense) and he answers questions from chat. All I need from a streamer.

(and I didn't watch him streaming SC)

He answers those questions because those people pay for the privilege to speak in the chat. It's no different than any other streamer reading donations.

And what are his accomplishments that make him a good player..?

Zafir

Trump is kind of who I watch when other people I like aren't online. He's got a boring personality, but can still be a bit interesting to watch.

arimanius

I like Trump :( I'm still learning so hearing his thinking is a big help. He's why I started a warrior deck.

I'm an expert

I like Trump :( I'm still learning so hearing his thinking is a big help. He's why I started a warrior deck.

..trump.. is why you started a warrior deck..? trump has never made a good warrior deck, he just netdecks them from other top players.

Tacitus_

He answers those questions because those people pay for the privilege to speak in the chat. It's no different than any other streamer reading donations.

And what are his accomplishments that make him a good player..?

Uhh.. he's top 4 in this tournament. I think that qualifies him as being "good".

And he would keep the submode off, but you know, twitch chat. He's said it a couple of times on stream.

Haunted

Also, I specifically remember commenting on a huge Reynad mistake that lost him the game in the VGVN tournament a week back or so.

He thought about his play for too long, hesitated, and didn't have the mechanical skill to execute everything he wanted to do in the turn, ended up missing out on two points of damage (couldn't press hero power button in time). He lost the game because he was 1 point from lethal on his last turn. And that wasn't an isolated incident, Frodan specifically commented on it.

Of course Reynad's good, otherwise he wouldn't appear at all these tournaments and do decently, but I consider something like that as a bigger mistake than missing damage or misremembering interactions or playing cards unoptimally, because it's fucking up on the simplest part of the game. Just inexcusable.

I'm an expert

rdu with 3 giants, 2 drakes, siphon.. all by turn 4.. lol.. and trump had 2 shield slams, 2 executes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom