• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opponent Turn 8 = Ragnaros
Your Turn 8 = Sylvannas + Feign Death

You've left the board with Sylvannas and Ragnaros for just 8.

That's just one situation. Using only 1 deathrattle.

Turn 6 play = Nerubian Egg x2 + Feign Death
2 4/4s with 2 more to come.

or Webspinner x2 and Loot Hoarder x1 + Feign Death for 3 card draw and some board presence. 3 more cards to come thereafter.

Or just a simple turn 8 play:
Highmane + Feign. 6/5 with 2 2/2s immediately. That's annoying as hell.

Knife Juggler on the board.
x2 haunted creepers + Feign Death.
6 damage randomly split to enemies. That's nearly the same as Paladin's 8 damage split card.

Or as others have said, how about a 4 mana Flamestrike?

No way this card is "too situational." It's just simply good. Fits a wide variety of uses at all stages in the game.

The rag thing is a good combo but it just hurts your overall deck enough that getting that combo every once in a while is not even worth it.

As for highmane, getting 2x 2/2s is just feeding into the AOE they planned to play when they deal with highmane anyway.

I think you're naming highly unlikely scenarios, that frankly don't justify removing other cards in your deck to make sometimes happen. It is probably awesome when you pull it off though.

The whole 4 mana flamestrike is alright, like I mentioned. Probably useable in a control hunter if that exists post-GVG. But you can't quite call it a 4 mana flamestrike since it uses 2 cards. It is also worse than auchenai soulpriest since the sheep doesn't survive.

Like I said, there are combos but yeah, those situations coming up? Probably not often enough to justify putting it in your deck.

Mirimar

Have no idea how to play against a Rogue mill deck using Shaman..lol...Vanish is incredibly good against Shaman. First time ever experiencing it and it's pretty frustrating not being able to play enough cards before you start losing them. I guess Shaman is one of the better matchups.

Have no idea how to play against a Rogue mill deck using Shaman..lol...Vanish is incredibly good against Shaman. First time ever experiencing it and it's pretty frustrating not being able to play enough cards before you start losing them. I guess Shaman is one of the better matchups.

I'd imagine you just play cards and avoid toteming if possible. I don't think I've ever gone up against it, but at least the shaman I play would probably wreck them due to getting all my burst cards faster.

Mirimar

I'd imagine you just play cards and avoid toteming if possible. I don't think I've ever gone up against it, but at least the shaman I play would probably wreck them due to getting all my burst cards faster.

Yea, I shouldn't have made totems at one point. I lost all my burst cards when I started filling up on cards and had high cost minions.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No way this card is "too situational." It's just simply good. Fits a wide variety of uses at all stages in the game.

Are you saying the new hunter decks are going to run Nerubian Egg and Knife Juggler only to combo them with Feign Death? Or that Hunter, a typically purely aggressive deck seeking to flood the board with threats, is going to nuke their own creatures for 4 damage?

Because that's what it sounds like.

Come on now.

Honestly, this sounds a lot like how people were losing their heads over Reincarnate and Nerubian Egg during the early weeks of Naxx.

zoukka

Haha you guys need to realise that hunter doesn't exactly synergise well with high cost non-beast fatties like Sylvanas or Cairne. And nerubian egg is even worse. If you have to imagine all these cool scenarios for the card to be great it probably isn't.

In a fast hunter deck its unplayable. In a control hunter it might be a fun gimmick, but who cares since a control hunter will probably never be viable :b

ViviOggi

Just lost to a Control Warrior because he had a second Owl to silence my remaining taunt after Brawl and hit with Death's Bite for exact lethal. He also played BK, how the hell do you fit all that in there?

caesar

Banned
Just lost to a Control Warrior because he had a second Owl to silence my remaining taunt after Brawl and hit with Death's Bite for exact lethal. He also played BK, how the hell do you fit all that in there?
What deck were you playing? Some control decks are greedy as fuck, when I see a handlock playing bgh and rag I'm like how the fuck do you win vs hunter with all that tech?

ViviOggi

What deck were you playing? Some control decks are greedy as fuck, when I see a handlock playing bgh and rag I'm like how the fuck do you win vs hunter with all that tech?
Deathrattle Priest, and yeah he ran BGH as well. Would have killed him next turn, sadly I was 1 mana short of healing outside of DB range and I never drew Cabal to steal an Armorsmith. Guy must be getting destroyed by Huntard/Zoo

Haunted

Heard a rumor from work that Rogue is getting an Ambush card that puts her hero into stealth for 1 turn. Cannot be targeted by spells, hero powers, or minions. If she attacks out of it with a weapon that same turn, she gets +5 damage on that attack. 4 mana.

Take it with a grain of salt. Coming from a coworker who used to work at Blizzard 1 year ago.
My friend's uncle works at Nintendo and said the same thing.

ShinNL

Are you saying the new hunter decks are going to run Nerubian Egg and Knife Juggler only to combo them with Feign Death? Or that Hunter, a typically purely aggressive deck seeking to flood the board with threats, is going to nuke their own creatures for 4 damage?

Because that's what it sounds like.

Come on now.

Honestly, this sounds a lot like how people were losing their heads over Reincarnate and Nerubian Egg during the early weeks of Naxx.
Are you saying that with 120 new cards released, Hunters are going to play the exact same type of deck as they are doing now? I am shocked.

Xanathus

New Shaman spell card.
http://www.gosugamers.net/hearthstone/news/29184-exclusive-gvg-shaman-card-reveal-crackle
crackle.png

ViviOggi

What is Tides' favorite class? Rogue of course! it has the backstabs (like tides backstabing reynad) and the betrayals (like tides betraying reynad) and the conceals (like tides true intentions)

caesar

Banned
☑ “This team's salary is CRAZY!” ☑ “Reynad's contract can't win against a salary like C9's” ☑ "They NEEDED precisely those bonuses to get me to sign" ☑ “They bribed the only player that would turncoat” ☑ "They had the perfect negotiator" ☑ “There was nothing Reynad could do” ☑ “I backstabbed that perfectly"

Haunted

Thank goodness only the winner is getting invited for an interview. I would't want to listen to Reynad being salty about his bad luck again.

Hopefully there'll be a few more neutrals coming out in the future that help deal with deathrattle now that FD is a thing. Sorta like what they showed so far.

Besides the no brainer combos, would love to combo this with Old Sneeds Shredder at ten mana.

Dream would be to somehow get Thermaplugg up and running, get a shit ton of Leper Gnomes and deal like 12 damage with one FD lol

slayn

needs to show more effort.
The new shaman card is alright. Early, when the overload matters, it will kill any creature. Later, when it might not, you kind of get a mana discount because overload 1 matters less and less. Its also another step towards malygos combo shaman

But yeah it's going to be a very rage inducing card because its RNG will swing games. Its the kind of card design I hate.

caesar

Banned
Wow, Xixo is saying on reddit that the players off-stream were not given headphones and some spectators were shouting stuff like 'YOLO Rag!' essentially telling the opponent what they had in hand.

What a fucking load of shit.

Zemm

That was some pretty bad decision making from Tides on that game. What's with using viagame btw? Awful site :/

Reynad just outdid this with that decision, what the fuck is going on.

Reynad can't even blame luck if he loses this match, he's had incredible top dicks in the first four games.

ViviOggi

☑ “This team's salary is CRAZY!” ☑ “Reynad's contract can't win against a salary like C9's” ☑ "They NEEDED precisely those bonuses to get me to sign" ☑ “They bribed the only player that would turncoat” ☑ "They had the perfect negotiator" ☑ “There was nothing Reynad could do” ☑ “I backstabbed that perfectly"
laugh.gif

That was some pretty bad decision making from Tides on that game. What's with using viagame btw? Awful site :/
I assume it's a Dreamhack subsidiary, and yeah it's pretty bad. You can press Ctrl+N in VLC and pasterino this link to dodge the shitty site:
Code:
http://mtgx_esport_live-lh.akamaihd.net/i/esport5_0@196714/index_2896_av-p.m3u8?sd=10&rebase=on

I doubt it's next week, they probably want to squeeze as much marketing as possible and they have only revealed like what, half, of the cards.
That's the thing though. Only showing half the cards is perfect. Get people hyped and still leave some to get discovered. I'm also assuming that they're not showing anymore cards since there are no more slots in the vote site. Why start a hype campaign, then let it die for a week or two before release?

I mean, I'd bet on next week but I'd also be surprised if I was right. I'm just making guesses though. It's what I'd do but I'm no marketing guy.

I really expect it to drop the first Tuesday of December at this point. That gives them a little bit of time to handle any immediate bugs before the holiday break, which I believe Blizzard is usually generous with in terms of giving a long vacation for anyone that wants it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm all for Shaman RNG, but, it costs 1 more mana than Lightning Bolt for an average of 1.5 more damage... seems weak.

The fact that it's 3-6 and not 4-5 really weakens the card imo. With a removal spell I think most people are only going to play it assuming that they'll get the least amount of damage possible from it. So I think it's only stronger than lightning bolt in cases where you are having something like 6hp minion on the board and you play to combo your damage spell with a minion trade. If crackle rolls high, then you don't need to trade.

Although, maybe folks will still be comfortable assuming that crackle will hit for 4 damage since there's only a 25% chance that it doesn't, and maybe it gives Shaman a bit more reach against 3/4 and 4/4 minions if they don't roll a spell power totem.

ugh viagame is garbage. their site doesn't work on mobile and their app refuses to play videos. I'm not gonna be back home until it's all over.

Xanathus

LifeCoach is so overhyped, I keep hearing how good he is but whenever I tune in to his stream or see him in tourneys he's taking forever to make obvious plays and yet still makes misplays. The whole "he thinks many turns ahead" thing is bullshit for him.

Actually he reminds me a lot of Trump.

depths20XX

LifeCoach is so overhyped, I keep hearing how good he is but whenever I tune in to his stream or see him in tourneys he's taking forever to make obvious plays and yet still makes misplays. The whole "he thinks many turns ahead" thing is bullshit for him.

Actually he reminds me a lot of Trump.

Pretty sure him and Trump also both claimed hunter was "dead" when the buzzard nerf was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom