• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd make sense to have Druid of the Claw become beasts actually. When Druids are in forms in WoW, they are counted as beasts, so it's not a large leap.

At this point, we've seen two drops and five drops for classes, right? Then there was Gahz'rilla at seven.

I've busted out an old school style token druid I haven't ran since pre-naxx.

I just managed to beat a hunter who had "a dream" opening of having a turn 1 undertaker get to 3/4 by turn 3, without drawing any removal. For some reason hunters think they can just go all face all the time. But I managed to clear board between haunted creeper, shade, and power of the wild. Then I had a 5/3 shade on board, with a 3/3 shade still in stealth, druid of the claw in hand, plus savage roar, and an innervate to pull it off...

I mean, damn, I was down to 15 hp on like turn 5, I felt like I should have lost that lol.

edit:
Also btw that druid card might not be bad. Druids are getting a lot of big bodies again. Who knows... could work in a particular ramp type deck.

johnsmith

remember me
Viagame is such a piece of shit. They had the reynad/tides games out of order on the VOD. Glad Reynad won though, and for once RNG was on his side.

Yeah why are they using it using it instead of Twitch? I thought blizzard wanted a popular esports game.

Blizzard doesn't control what dreamhack does. Plus, I think branching out and using other services is a good thing for esports. Viagame probably pays part of the bill to run dreamhack, twitch prob would do nothing. Maybe twitch should have a seasonal tournament scene.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Does Feign Death "consume" the deathrattle? If not it's probably the most OP card I've ever seen.
Feign Death is disgusting and absolutely OP if it doesn't kill the deathrattle minions. It's also unbalanced because it only affects your own minions whereas the anti-deathrattle minion affects all minions... Blizzard is just making hunter more OP.

Not sure if it's been posted in the thread yet but:

deathrattleodclj.png

gutshot

Just catching up with all the news after the holiday. Holy shit at Feign Death.

Turn 7: Gahz'rilla
Turn 8: Baron Rivendare + Explosive Sheep + FD

Flamestrike plus 24 damage to the face.

And Steamwheedle seems pretty amazing as well. Hunter finally with some worthwhile epics and legendaries.

Raxus

LOL at the new thread title.

Let's give hunters a mind control trap for 2 mana. At this point why not.

#breakthegameRexxar

Right now reminds me pre-naxx where people were overreacting to cards but instead of hunter it was miracle rogue. Chances are deathrattle aggro hunter is not even gonna be a top tier deck. That 3 mana taunt shuts it down pretty hard. Paladin is getting some great anti-aggro tools as well. I seriously doubt, based on what we've seen so far, that aggro hunter is gonna be a big part of the game after things settle in around gvg.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I still don't think there exists a world where undertaker isn't overpowered in its present incarnation. Even if you invent a card that's like, "destroy an enemy undertaker and give minion +5/+5" you're just inventing a card that has to be run to counter an overpowered card. I don't think the way you balance undertaker is by making everybody run Lil' Exorcist.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just catching up with all the news after the holiday. Holy shit at Feign Death.

Turn 7: Gahz'rilla
Turn 8: Baron Rivendare + Explosive Sheep + FD

Flamestrike plus 24 damage to the face.

And Steamwheedle seems pretty amazing as well. Hunter finally with some worthwhile epics and legendaries.

Wouldn't the rivendare explosive sheep trigger gahz twice each time...that'd make him like 96/1? Hahaha. Just explosive sheep + feign death would work for 24 face damage/flamestrike.

The new minion works as an activator as well since he could ping his own Gahz every turn if not answered.

gutshot

Wouldn't the rivendare explosive sheep trigger gahz twice each time...that'd make him like 96/1? Hahaha. Just explosive sheep + feign death would work for 24 face damage/flamestrike.

The new minion works as an activator as well since he could ping his own Gahz every turn if not answered.

Baron Rivendare only doubles deathrattles and Gahz's effect is persistent, so it wouldn't be doubled by Rivendare.

Papercuts

Baron Rivendare only doubles deathrattles and Gahz's effect is persistent, so it wouldn't be doubled by Rivendare.

I mean the explosive sheep deathrattle. It would do 2, then 2(from feign death), kill itself then do 2, 2 again.

Unless it dying from the first explosion messes it up.

That's an interesting play. You'd have a Explosive Sheep and Rivendare out. Use Feign Death, Sheep explodes twice. Then it dies again, and should explode two more times, but it would also kill Rivendare. I guess it would always work because Rivendare only dies on the fourth explosion. That'd be a fat Gahz'rilla though.

Papercuts

That's an interesting play. You'd have a Explosive Sheep and Rivendare out. Use Feign Death, Sheep explodes twice. Then it dies again, and should explode two more times, but it would also kill Rivendare. I guess it would always work because Rivendare only dies on the fourth explosion. That'd be a fat Gahz'rilla though.

Funny enough, it's actually on curve too as it costs 8 to do right after a gahz turn(which could follow a highmane).

it feels like "dream" territory, but man. 8 damage AoE that happens in chunks so it would kill sludgebelcher, and pumping a minion to an instant victory regardless of how much damage you did before is pretty hilarious.

Blizzard doesn't control what dreamhack does. Plus, I think branching out and using other services is a good thing for esports. Viagame probably pays part of the bill to run dreamhack, twitch prob would do nothing. Maybe twitch should have a seasonal tournament scene.

i don't really care what they use but using a bad and broken site is bullshit. I was out of town for the holiday so i literally could not watch any of the matches today. which sucks when twitch works just fine on my phone over LTE.

i don't really care what they use but using a bad and broken site is bullshit. I was out of town for the holiday so i literally could not watch any of the matches today. which sucks when twitch works just fine on my phone over LTE.

Try using the Viagame app?

Has StrifeCro posted his deck list anywhere? Or has anyone tried to guess at it?

Funny enough, it's actually on curve too as it costs 8 to do right after a gahz turn(which could follow a highmane).

it feels like "dream" territory, but man. 8 damage AoE that happens in chunks so it would kill sludgebelcher, and pumping a minion to an instant victory regardless of how much damage you did before is pretty hilarious.

True, it's rather amazing. I don't see it happening right on curve though, because if it becomes common, people are going to be keeping a single removal for it. Gahz will have to sit on the board for a turn. Probably won't be an issue though, Control Paladin kind does the same thing already. They throw down somewhat threatening cards like Guardian of Kings and other Legendaries, which people need to remove, then they throw out the heavy hitters after the other player is out of steam. So Hunters could probably us Highmanes, and possibly even Krush to bait out removals, then throw down Gahz'rilla. Big difference is that Hunters don't have the same amount of healing Control Paladins have....

OR DO THEY?!
IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER

That is weird. I was getting better performance on my phone than on PC.

All I was saying is that it could have been equally bad on twitch though.

Apparently you can "bypass" bnet by launching the app from the .exe, but hearthstone doesn't work til you log into bnet and it will attempt to log you in. But if you wanna play WoW, according to their twitter CS it should work.

The kindle fire HD 6 is only 80bucks (down from 99) atm... soo tempting to buy it to run HS on (it is on the verified supported android tablet list). Even free shipping.

That is incredibly tempting... I just have to wonder whether playing HS for 80 bucks is worth it lol. Not sure if I would ever use it for anything else since my phone is better I think.

johnsmith

remember me
Really bummed most of the new druid cards are garbage, that was probably going to be my next golden hero. Malorne better be amazing. Rogue is my 2nd highest, and not impressed by their cards at all. The decks getting the best cards (hunter and priest) I already have the golden heroes of.

Raxus

Really bummed most of the new druid cards are garbage, that was probably going to be my next golden hero. Malorne better be amazing. Rogue is my 2nd highest, and not impressed by their cards at all. The decks getting the best cards (hunter and priest) I already have the golden heroes of.

We have seen 2-3 druid cards. There are bound to be duds for each class.

The 7/7 minion isn't completely awful since he transforms and can't be silenced it is just a bummer he had no other bells and whistles considering how strong other druid 5 drops are.

It doesn't help it is one of the least popular classes in the meta right now so it loses every vote.

Here is hoping druids become relevant again.

I really hope Druid of the Claw transformations are Beasts in GvG. Would help out a ton. Can anyone tweet Brode and ask?

Guess you'd want to try tomorrow since it's late.

Szadek

The new druid card is terrible,unless they got some really awesome new beats that we haven't seen yet and even that probably isn't enough.
Playing it only with hunted creeper and maybe power of the wild token isn't worth it.
Even if Druid of the claw is a beast in gvg then Fang is basically a 6 drop,which means it has to compete with cards that are much better all the time.
It's also a big game hutner target.

Feign Death doesn't fit into the current hunter deck.
It could work in a control deck,but there is very little synergy with the hero power.
Steamwheedle Sniper isn't going to change that,because your opponent will use his removal immediately to kill him.

Did they give an exact release day for gvg?

Also: the 2 drop slot seems to get a lot of cards which are straight up better than the already existing one. That could be a problem, especially in arena. It seems to me picking a bloodfin raptor or dire wolf vs some of those new 2 drops is just terrible. Hope they did a lot of play testing on those cards.

Xanathus

If I was playing against Lifecoach I think I would rope him every turn, he's obviously doing that to piss his opponent's off and get an advantage.

ViviOggi

Some nice games with Control Warrior today, damn. This Druid just now was literally playing solitaire, dropping stupid value card after stupid value card I fend off with my weapons and Execs/SSs... commences turn 9. I've got a 1/2 Slime, 1/3 Ghoul, a 5/5 Sylvanas and a Death's Bite (1 charge) against his 11/11 stealthed taunt Shade he had innervated on turn 1 and a 2/3 Argus. Druid babby mindlessly drops Cenarius in tree mode and kills my Slime with the Argus, hovering over what I assume to be the combo he was so sure he'd kill me with next turn.

I Grom one tree, Death's Bite the other, run my Ghoul (Argus dies to the Whirlwinds) and finally Sylvanas into the now 5/5 Cenarius. Haven't seen someone concede that fast in a while.

zoukka

LIFECOAAAAAACH!

If I was playing against Lifecoach I think I would rope him every turn, he's obviously doing that to piss his opponent's off and get an advantage.

Obviously you have never seen him stream. He just thinks more than any other player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom