• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Banned
LifeCoach is so overhyped, I keep hearing how good he is but whenever I tune in to his stream or see him in tourneys he's taking forever to make obvious plays and yet still makes misplays. The whole "he thinks many turns ahead" thing is bullshit for him.

Actually he reminds me a lot of Trump.

No, he's much better than Trump lol

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I returned to the game while i wait for delivery of my PS4, this game is still pretty damn good. Playing some Mage, she's not so bad after all, i also beat all of the bosses for the first wing of Curse of Naxxramas.

Xanathus

I returned to the game while i wait for delivery of my PS4, this game is still pretty damn good. Playing some Mage, she's not so bad after all, i also beat all of the bosses for the first wing of Curse of Naxxramas.
This is probably the best time for you to try playing constructed in Ranked mode because it's like 1 or 2 days before the end of the season, which means you'll probably only face people with bad/weak decks at the high ranks. You also want to get to rank 20 before the end of season in order to get the card back reward.

CoolOff

Fuck that Shaman-card, the worst kind of RNG. Lightning Storm is borderline, but something with a 3-damage range is just awful

ViviOggi

Savjz
SLx19c3.gif

Hi guys! Started playing this 2 days ago and I'm loving it, it's the first time I'm playing a card game.

Any useful tips on how to build a decent deck? I leveled up some of my heroes to lvl 10+ and I want to try the new cards.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hi guys! Started playing this 2 days ago and I'm loving it, it's the first time I'm playing a card game.

Any useful tips on how to build a decent deck? I leveled up some of my heroes to lvl 10+ and I want to try the new cards.

A good rule of thumb when you're first starting out is that you want 10-12 spells in your deck, and the rest should be minions. Many popular decks will work outside that range sometimes, but it's a good rule to abide by when you're first starting out.

Hearthpwn.com is one of the best sites available if you want to look at decklists. It'll be a bit difficult to use when you're first starting out but it's a strong resource once you start building up a nice base of cards to use.

I wouldn't worry too much about your rank when you're just starting out. You won't be competitive until you've built up your collection so it's best to just experiment and learn the game at the outset. If you decide to spend real money on the game, the first thing you should do is spend the money on Naxxramas before you spend the money on packs, the money/gold ratio favors money much more on Naxx than on packs.

Zeroth

LifeCoach is so overhyped, I keep hearing how good he is but whenever I tune in to his stream or see him in tourneys he's taking forever to make obvious plays and yet still makes misplays. The whole "he thinks many turns ahead" thing is bullshit for him.

Isn't Lifecoach the guy who set himself for life thanks to poker? Seems like he would be the kind of guy who would overthink a lot in HS.

Since you're just getting started, I'd look up some free to play decks. They're decks that are made only with the cards you start with. They're good for learning the ropes of the game. Also, if you don't mind, you can watch other players play the game and learn from them as well. There are plenty of people on YouTube.

I also agree with ZealousD, Naxx is a good thing to buy first. It's a fun way to learn the game and unlock really good cards.

Szadek

Well,duh,pro players always take their time and so should you if you want to make it to the top.
As for misplays,well a) humans make mistakes every now and then ,and b) what you consider a misplay might not actually be a misplay.

Look up Hearthstone: Trump Teachings on youtube.

Slashlen

What ZealousD said, but I'll point out one other thing you may run into in a few days. Hearthstone is set up into monthly seasons, and at the end of each season the ranks reset to a degree. Expect a difficulty spike in Ranked in a few days as a bunch of people who were higher ranked work their way back up.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Now that's a card.

I'm expecting something like:

Barrage
Activate your hero power 3 times against random enemy targets.

G.ZZZ

It's nice, but 2 drops need more of a battlecry/Deathrattle effect than a continous one. Knife Juggler is awesome if not answered, but 2 drops are extremely easily answered so... It's a good card, and i think it will be played a lot as a 4-drop.

Oh shit, paladin legendary vs warlock legendary

Looks like malganis is the warlock legendary card...

I dunno who the paladin is.

Mal'Ganis.jpg

edit:
Malganis was also in wowtcg

143_MalGanis.jpg

Portal – when a card says to Portal, you reveal the top three cards from your deck. A Demon card you reveal, whose cost is less than the cost of the card allowing the Portal, can be put into play immediately, whilst the rest go to the bottom of the deck. Given I know someone building a Demon deck, this is something to watch out for.

I guess we are going into December with voting then. Not the first time I was wrong, won't be the last.

Mal'Ganis vs Bolvar Fordragon

Decent match.

He is also a card, but his armor changed.
Highlord_Bolvar_Fordragon.JPG

Skux

Shaman gets a shitty RNG card and Hunter gets Sniper, Feign Death and Gahz'rilla. Never has the meta been so easy to predict.

Dreavus

What happens when a Warlock MCTechs/Sylv this? Druid?

Given the wording, I'm going to guess it secretly means "your [Hunter] hero power can target minions".

I don't really like the new shaman card. The wide range means you'll be playing it for 3-4 damage most of the time just to make sure you don't completely waste it if you hope for 5-6 and have no backup plan. bleh

In what scenario would a Druid run a beast? Druid of the Claw isn't a Beast and I can't think of any they'd want to run. Maybe a sign that a few Druid beasts are on the way?

egruntz

shelaughz
In what scenario would a Druid run a beast? Druid of the Claw isn't a Beast and I can't think of any they'd want to run. Maybe a sign that a few Druid beasts are on the way?

They can also change card types for Druid, like how Demolisher and Harvest Golem are being turned into mechs. Maybe.
All-around, however, I think it's a pretty meh card. Druid trying to copy Huntard synergy, cause he sees how effective it is lol.

Kettch

The Shaman card, while it doesn't look great, could be important in that it's another cheap direct damage spell for the class. They're really rivaling mage now for the ability to bypass taunts for a kill.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
More sweet, sweet hunter control cards. And that druid card is garbage at least for now. Maybe if someday beast druid is a thing but that seems a !long ways off.

thy_

Will the transformation be silenceable like Ancient of War, or does it become a whole new card like Druid of the Claw?

I'd guess they change Druid of the Claw to read transform as well to make the the interaction with silence clearer. (You can't silence polymorph and hex targets back either.)
And while there at it just turn the DotC cat & bear into beasts as well.

egruntz

shelaughz
Control Hunter

x2 Hunter's Mark
x2 Arcane Shot
x2 Webspinner
x2 Haunted Creeper
x2 Steamwheedle Sniper
x2 Freezing Trap
x2 Feign Death
x1 King Mukla
x1 Eaglehorn Bow
x2 Kill Command
x2 Stampeding Kodo
x1 Loatheb
x2 Savannah HIghmane
x1 Sylvannas Windrunner
x1 Gladiator Longbow
x1 Ghaz'rilla
x1 King Krush

2 Weapons, 10 Spells, 18 Minions
3 minion slots left to fill. 0 4 drops as of right now. Don't wanna run Houndmaster since this deck isn't exactly Beast-heavy. Double Belcher to slow shit down? What's missing here? Do Ragnaros and Alexstraasa have a place in this deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom