• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

LIFECOAAAAAACH!

Obviously you have never seen him stream. He just thinks more than any other player.

He thinks waaaaay too slowly and his thinking doesn't actually result into better plays, he simply wins because he gets luckier draws than the other player (in the tourney). Not a single one of his plays resulted in him playing around an opponent's move, he just thinks in order to.... think for nothing.

Leezard

He thinks waaaaay too slowly and his thinking doesn't actually result into better plays, he simply wins because he gets luckier draws than the other player (in the tourney). Not a single one of his plays resulted in him playing around an opponent's move, he just thinks in order to.... think for nothing.

Well, it is Hearthstone we are watching.

zoukka

You are just making shit up. Watch his streams sometimes he explains all the different routes he is choosing from.

Zemm

yeah for someone that thinks so much he makes some really bad plays. That time he ran a cultist into a sylvanas so it would steal his 2hp blademaster which he could kill with an auchenai, forgetting the blademaster would get buffed is one of the most bonehead moves I've seen in a tournament.

Xanathus

Strifecro mage is just insane.
I don't really play Mage but that control deck seems really fun to play.

I tried a deck similar to that, it's great vs control decks but is weak towards aggro and fast decks like hunter and zoo. However Strifecro's variant has Chows and Unstable Ghoul so that might be OK but I imagine you NEED Duplicate to proc on your Chows and Ghouls AND have them early on in order to survive.

Guiz

I tried a deck similar to that, it's great vs control decks but is weak towards aggro and fast decks like hunter and zoo. However Strifecro's variant has Chows and Unstable Ghoul so that might be OK but I imagine you NEED Duplicate to proc on your Chows and Ghouls AND have them early on in order to survive.

I think any control deck needs a good drawing to survive zoo.

Speaking of which here's one...

Haunted

Strifecro looked like a jRPG boss in that last camera angle.

Under the right circumstances that could be a game winning move.
In fact I already won a few games by blowing up my own Sylvanas.
Heh, the key word, being execute - as in, actually the warrior card which Artosis famously tried to play on his own Sylvanas during Fight Night (even though it only works on enemy minions). :D

Szadek

Heh, the key word, being execute - as in, actually the warrior card which Artosis famously tried to play on his own Sylvanas during Fight Night (even though it only works on enemy minions). :D
Ok,that obviously a mistake,but to be fair,you almost never want to use removal on your own cards,so it's somewhat understantable

Majine

Banned
Bah, Steamwheedle Sniper can't be stolen/copied and taken advantage off by non-hunters. That would've been insane. Warlocks damaging minions for 2 AND drawing a card. Warriors armoring up minions.

Bah, Steamwheedle Sniper can't be stolen/copied and taken advantage off by non-hunters. That would've been insane. Warlocks damaging minions for 2 AND drawing a card. Warriors armoring up minions.

Yeah, that kinda sucks.
Would be really crazy.

☐ Not REKT ☑ REKT ☑ REKTangle ☑ SHREKT ☑ REKT-it Ralph ☑ Total REKTall ☑ The Lord of the REKT ☑ The Usual SusREKTs ☑ North by NorthREKT ☑ REKT to the Future ☑ Once Upon a Time in the REKT ☑ The Good, the Bad, and the REKT ☑ LawREKT of Arabia ☑ Tyrannosaurus REKT ☑ eREKTile dysfunction

ViviOggi

hearthstone_screenshoviu5f.png

Sweet, was still missing that one!

Dreavus

This could actually replace lightning bolt, at least in some decks.

edit:
Imagine getting malygos out for 4 due to ancestor's call. Then lightning bolt x2, crackle x2 to face. 32 damage minimum. Then up to 6 additional.

I think you mean supplement lightning bolt. I'd use this as lightning bolt #3 and #4 but I don't think I'd replace lightning bolt with this card

Szadek

This could actually replace lightning bolt, at least in some decks.

edit:
Imagine getting malygos out for 4 due to ancestor's call. Then lightning bolt x2, crackle x2 to face. 32 damage minimum. Then up to 6 additional.
It looks like crackle is better in a control meta,lightbolt in a rush meta.
Sweet, was still missing that one!
The best decks for him are dedicated rogues or druids.
Congrats dude!
BASED SZADEK
Thanks!

ViviOggi

The best decks for him are dedicated rogues or druids.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about trying Malygod Miracle the other day but didn't want to spend so much dust right before GvG.

Oh and congrats on hitting legend, I hope that's Handlock you're playing :p

Xanathus

Yeah, I was actually thinking about trying Malygod Miracle the other day but didn't want to spend so much dust right before GvG.

I don't know why people like Malygod Miracle, it's probably the slowest Miracle variant to win with and I hardly ever see streamers winning with it by actually using Malygos.

egruntz

shelaughz
Haven't been very conservative with my gold. Keep spending it on wasted arena runs that only get me 4 wins on average. Eh. Wondering if I'll end up spending $100 when GvG comes out just for packs. Really wanna play control Hunter ASAP. Gah...

I only have about 1k gold, almost all of it will be spent on arena runs. I will try to spend it all on arena runs though I might be tempted to just buy a pack or two to see if I get lucky right away.

From the cards revealed, I really want muster for battle the most. I can just throw that into my existing control paladin and see how that works out.

Although it just hit me that secret paladin could be viable with the illuminator healing every turn for 4. I never messed with a control secret paladin though so I might not experiment with that.

Szadek

Unfortunately not.I started as handlock,but when 30% of my matchups are hunter and my winrate against them is below 30% I had no choice but to play something else.
There weren't enough Priests to compensate either.
I guessing that they know that reaching Legend in the last week with such a slow deck is nigh impossible.

ViviOggi

I don't know why people like Malygod Miracle, it's probably the slowest Miracle variant to win with and I hardly ever see streamers winning with it by actually using Malygos.
From what I've seen on streams it's somewhat comparable to Antonidas in Freeze Mage, a safety net for certain situations and matchups where you'd simply run out of damage without it.

Malygod is just a badass card.

Unfortunately not.I started as handlock,but when 30% of my matchups are hunter and my winrate against them is below 30% I had no choice but to play something else.
There weren't enough Priests to compensate either.
I guessing that they know that reaching Legend in the last week with such a slow deck is nigh impossible.
I won't lie, I've gotten frustrated with Handlock multiple times this season too. Sometimes the Huntards just keep coming. The Warrior matchup is alright but you still get those stupid games where you can just concede on turn 5 after not drawing any weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom