• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on if someone is setting up the 4th NeoGAF Hearthstone tournament? I missed #3 on account of my wedding/honeymoon, anyone know who won it? It was probably wrapped up a month or more ago.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I got 2nd, I believe zzmitch was the one that beat me. Haven't heard anything about the next one.

Xanathus

For that mage deck to win, I think he needed stronger starts so he wouldn't get hit so hard in the midgame. Maybe it was bad luck that he lost both, more so in the second one.

That sort of mage deck relies on the opponent not knowing that secret is Duplicate and giving you multiple Belchers/Elementals/Cairne/Sylvanas.

That sort of mage deck relies on the opponent not knowing that secret is Duplicate and giving you multiple Belchers/Elementals/Cairne/Sylvanas.

What he really needed were his mad scientists early on. That could have led him into a midgame where the warrior actually needs to trade into a minion with duplicate up because the damage that minion produces would be troublesome.

edit:
Can anyone actually read when the finals are starting? Damn screen is too blurry and they aren't fixing it. nm I can see 3 mins now to go

Kolento beat thijs. These bo5 series were really long. I only watched two of them. In the finals they had 3 druid mirrors in a row due to the choice to replay a deck that has lost one time.

ViviOggi

photo.jpg
NOVY PIRAT
photo.jpg

I watched Dota though, need to check the VOD tomorrow

Pyroblast? Seriously?

Fuck this shit. I just played my last match.

I just got done in by 16HP attack (+1, +5 spell damage), during what should have continued as a semi-fair match. It instead introduced me to the 'win' card. It's not like there haven't been a handful of semi-unfair cards I've come up against in the past. But those still left me thinking I would have a chance if luck plays in my favor. This however takes the cake. I'm not interested in grinding until the end of time or paying out the ass for a CHANCE to get this overpowered card just to be on even ground with others. Fuck that.

I just don't understand how it can be justified. Now I know why some people have insta-quit me as soon as a match starts when I'm playing as a Mage. Because if I happen to have that card, it's not a match, it's a countdown until we reach 10 gems. I thought this was a casual card game with *some* inbalance that I could still pick up and play with some sense of fairness for all players. I couldn't be more wrong. I regret spending even the 7$ bucks on cards.

johnsmith

remember me
Pyroblast? Seriously?

I just got done in by 16HP attack (+1, +5 spell damage), during what should have continued as a semi-fair match. It instead introduced me to the 'win' card. It's not like there haven't been a handful of semi-unfair cards I've come up against in the past. But those still left me thinking I would have a chance if luck plays in my favor. This however takes the cake. I'm not interested in grinding until the end of time or paying out the ass for a CHANCE to get this overpowered card just to be on even ground with others. Fuck that.

I just don't understand how it can be justified. Now I know why some people have insta-quit me when I'm playing as a Mage, Because if I happen to have that card, it's not a match, it's a countdown until we reach 10 gems. I thought this was a casual card game with *some* inbalance that I could still pick up and play with some sense of fairness for all players. I couldn't be more wrong. I regret spending even the 7$ bucks on cards.

Mage is probably the 2nd weakest class in the game, and almost nobody uses pyroblast, either in freeze mage, or aggro mage. It's not that good. Can't wait to see your reaction when a handlock plays jaraxxus on you, or a druid bursts you down from 30 with a savage roar combo.

You lost when you let yourself get down below 15 health, and when you weren't able to take out malygos with removal or your board. It wasn't a single spell that killed you, but a series of events leading up to it.

Haunted

Trump basically confirmed in his analysis video that Feign Death will be completely sick and broken and OP, one of the core defining Hunter cards from now on.

ViviOggi

Trump basically confirmed in his analysis video that Feign Death will be completely sick and broken and OP, one of the core defining Hunter cards from now on.
Trump has been wrong about Hunter in particular in the past but I agree about FD. Do you happen to recall what his reasoning was?

Haunted

Trump has been wrong about Hunter in particular in the past but I agree about FD. Do you happen to recall what his reasoning was?
You ruined the joke. :(

He actually said it was only ok, not too great, doesn't really fit into the current hunter decks (so shortsighted) and that Reincarnate wasn't OP either etc etc

Basically the same reasoning moebius had earlier in the thread.

ViviOggi

6-0 with Miracoli, 3 Huntards, 2 Warriors and one Druid. Finally got a Malygod win just now against Warrior, 10 damage Blade Flurry ez

Miracoli is still good guys

Szadek

Pyroblast? Seriously?

I just got done in by 16HP attack (+1, +5 spell damage), during what should have continued as a semi-fair match. It instead introduced me to the 'win' card. It's not like there haven't been a handful of semi-unfair cards I've come up against in the past. But those still left me thinking I would have a chance if luck plays in my favor. This however takes the cake. I'm not interested in grinding until the end of time or paying out the ass for a CHANCE to get this overpowered card just to be on even ground with others. Fuck that. .
You are overreacting.It deals 10 dmg,not 30.
Pyroblast is one of the least mana efficient spell in the game.

You don't even need to spent that much a get a topnotch hunter or zoo deck.
Hell,even (well made) free to play decks are pretty good.
Huh, I'm 3-0 vs Huntard with Miracoli, is the matchup supposed to be this good? One game was close but I drew really badly there.
Idk,but from my winration they are apperently pretty bad against zoo.

ViviOggi

Idk,but from my winration they are apperently pretty bad against zoo.

Yeah it's weird, haven't seen a single Zookeeper today. Facelords probably think it's too slow for the last day of the season and all switched to Hunter. Miracle used to be the go-to deck in heavy Zoo metas and I don't think it's necessarily bad now either, but you can probably get steamrolled easier when you don't draw Backstab/SI:7/Poison to deal with their early drops and then all the shitty new deathrattles come down so a single good Blade Flurry can't save you like it used to.

8-1 now, second Malygod win against Warrior with a 9 damage Sinister Strike through Sludge Belcher! MALYGOD HYPE

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
This is probably the best time for you to try playing constructed in Ranked mode because it's like 1 or 2 days before the end of the season, which means you'll probably only face people with bad/weak decks at the high ranks. You also want to get to rank 20 before the end of season in order to get the card back reward.

Ha i just did that and got to level 20 but it was weird, i think i ran into the same guy twice that just conceded after a couple of turns, it was very weird. I also tried the arena mode for the first time, got my ass kicked. Oh i didn't realize that the available cards were from the whole game instead of the ones i unlocked, that was silly.

Xanathus

Ha i just did that and got to level 20 but it was weird, i think i ran into the same guy twice that just conceded after a couple of turns, it was very weird. I also tried the arena mode for the first time, got my ass kicked. Oh i didn't realize that the available cards were from the whole game instead of the ones i unlocked, that was silly.

Some people try to stay at high ranks in order to play against people with bad decks in order to get easy and fast wins because you get a Golden Hero when you get 500 wins with each hero in Ranked mode. So what they do is get one win then forfeit the next one. It's not really a big deal because it ends up giving free wins to 50% of the players, which results in a net rank increase for other players overall because of the winstreak ranking bonus.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Some people try to stay at high ranks in order to play against people with bad decks in order to get easy and fast wins because you get a Golden Hero when you get 500 wins with each hero in Ranked mode. So what they do is get one win then forfeit the next one. It's not really a big deal because it ends up giving free wins to 50% of the players, which results in a net rank increase for other players overall because of the winstreak ranking bonus.

Interesting, i guess there is a bunch of stuff in the game i don't know yet. Umm i have a question if i unlock a Naxxramas wing with gold do i get a discount when buying the remaining wings with real money? Got 300 gold for playing 100 matches so i might save my gold.

Special C

Interesting, i guess there is a bunch of stuff in the game i don't know yet. Umm i have a question if i unlock a Naxxramas wing with gold do i get a discount when buying the remaining wings with real money? Got 300 gold for playing 100 matches so i might save my gold.

If you are going to spend any real money I would suggest buying all the Naxx wings in a bundle. The $$$ to gold ratio heavily favors real cash for Naxx and gold for packs/arena.

You ruined the joke. :(

He actually said it was only ok, not too great, doesn't really fit into the current hunter decks (so shortsighted) and that Reincarnate wasn't OP either etc etc

Basically the same reasoning moebius had earlier in the thread.

Well, if according to trump, dead turns out to mean OP, then not too great must mean it is mind blowingly OP.

Wonder if Bolvar will have Charge since he's on a horse. I know he was linked from his TCG carnation, would also be cool if he was the first spell taunt.

Also, for you WoW enthusiasts, I'm pretty sure that's a picture of him in Northrend/at the Wrath Gate, so interesting stuff there. Would also be awesome if he killed Onyxia when played after her, or at least had a different sound bite like Cairne and Illidan.

Edit : Speaking about lore makes me angry Highwarlord Saurfang isn't a card yet.

Xanathus

Just run both Moonfires. 12 free damage. I once saw someone finish with that plus a Swipe on turn 9. 21 damage easy.

I play it and it's fine and much more fun than Rag. Sometimes you get to swipe with malygos on board :3

Seems like it makes the deck way more inconsistent and doesn't synergize with combo since it isn't affected by spellpower. Another problem with putting Malygos in that deck is that the deck doesn't have many (any?) other targets for big creature removal like Hex/Siphon/Polymorph which means your opponent is likely to have it saved in his hand for when it hits the board on turn 9, and the only spell you can play with Malygos on the same turn is Moonfire unless you somehow also saved Innervates. Moonfire is also very often used for cycling so the only way you could possibly save it until turn 9 is if you never drew it till then or your opponent is giving you an easy time.

Basically Malygos is extremely bad in Miracle Druid to me. There's no need to have another win condition, you already have 2 with 2 sets of combo. The whole point of the deck is similar to Miracle Rogue which is to cycle cards till you hit your win condition, but if your win condition is Malygos then your win condition is ALSO your damage spells which you have to also use while cycling cards and as removal which ends up using them up.

Guess I should add, I don't even know the miracle Druid deck. I was just saying to put in some Moonfires. It's funny though, as cool as sic damage Moonfires are, Force/Savage is more efficient and deals more damage.

Watcher

i was just about to smash this guy in arena then i get disconnected form game? i get desynchronization problems sometimes but ive never been kicked like this. what gives -_-

hunchback

Hello. I'm a brand new player with a few quick questions. I'm really enjoying myself and would like to know the smartest way going forward? I haven't spent any money yet on packs. I have 3 codes for them from buying the CE edition of the new WoW expansion. Should I redeem those or save them?
My apologies if the questions sound dumb. This is my first time playing a digital card game. I really love the graphics and audio.

Xanathus

Hello. I'm a brand new player with a few quick questions. I'm really enjoying myself and would like to know the smartest way going forward? I haven't spent any money yet on packs. I have 3 codes for them from buying the CE edition of the new WoW expansion. Should I redeem those or save them?
My apologies if the questions sound dumb. This is my first time playing a digital card game. I really love the graphics and audio.

Just use the codes, they don't go up in value or anything. If you want to spend money, the first (and probably only) thing you should buy is the Naxxramas adventure (all wings) which gives you single player content which gives you a bunch of very good cards that can only be unlocked this way.

Just do your daily quests to earn gold, and the optimal way to use gold is to spend them in the Arena mode. As long as you can get > 3 wins, you'll generally have a better return in terms of crafting dust + gold + pack compared to simply buying a card pack for 100 gold. Obviously you should watch Twitch streams or read guides on how to optimally play arena, but that's generally part of getting better at Hearthstone.

Minsc

Gold Member
Anyone find it insane that it takes like $250 to acquire all the GvG cards?

Not too bad considering it costs $1,000+ to get every last card from the original expert set from buying packs at $1.25 per pack based on that Hearthstone Collection Google Sheets document linked a little while back (this is just regular cards, getting every last worthless legendary; getting every last golden card costs around $6,000).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom