• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunchback

Just use the codes, they don't go up in value or anything. If you want to spend money, the first (and probably only) thing you should buy is the Naxxramas adventure (all wings) which gives you single player content which gives you a bunch of very good cards that can only be unlocked this way.

Just do your daily quests to earn gold, and the optimal way to use gold is to spend them in the Arena mode. As long as you can get > 3 wins, you'll generally have a better return in terms of crafting dust + gold + pack compared to simply buying a card pack for 100 gold. Obviously you should watch Twitch streams or read guides on how to optimally play arena, but that's generally part of getting better at Hearthstone.

Very helpful info. Thank you very much.

So I've been playing a deathrattle shockadin deck.
It's not that disgusting, but I'm surprised it isn't played by better players - it seems pretty strong since you got all the elements there for a fast aggro deck.

Slashlen

And you can get every last GvG card for free too. Works both ways, quite a number of people will probably complete the whole set in the first few days (perhaps hours even) and not spend a dime.

Well, those people have piles of dust/gold saved up. It's more that they've stored their time spent, not that they got them quickly.

Slashlen

Which, if you are enjoying the game, isn't a big cost, especially if you don't want to spend actual money.

Oh agreed, I just mean that Minsc's statement about some non-paying players doesn't mean that you don't have to put time or money into this game to get cards. It's just that those people have already put in their time and are able to "cash out" on GvG right away.

Edit: Of course the irony is that those people tend to be arena addicts, not constructed players.

Slashlen

You guys either play a lot more than me, get 7+ arena wins, or just luckier with dailies. I'm at 1690 and I've been saving for 3 weeks.

Majine

Banned
I buy a deck as soon as I hit 100 gold lol.

For GvG I guess I will simply sink real money for 40 packs. They are gonna be priced the same, no?

Skux

If you want to be super efficient, you only need to play Hearthstone every 3 days or so. Then you can knock out 3 quests at once.

And yeah I'll plop down $50 on day one of GvG, dust the duplicates, try a new Pally deck and then wait for the meta to decide what else is good (ahem, Hunter).

If you want to be super efficient, you only need to play Hearthstone every 3 days or so. Then you can knock out 3 quests at once.

And yeah I'll plop down $50 on day one of GvG, dust the duplicates, try a new Pally deck and then wait for the meta to decide what else is good (ahem, Hunter).

Maybe log in once a day to try to re-roll for better quests, but otherwise yeah, once every 3 days is all you need to play to reach optimal efficiency.

Cipherr

Anyone find it insane that it takes like $250 to acquire all the GvG cards?

Wut? Not at all. Gathering the cards in this game isnt that bad once you get past the very start. Its the new player thats hosed, but if you have been playing a while, you shouldnt have to really spend a penny on this stuff. You will get it all in the normal course of play in the terrible terrible arena.

Wut? Not at all. Gathering the cards in this game isnt that bad once you get past the very start. Its the new player thats hosed, but if you have been playing a while, you shouldnt have to really spend a penny on this stuff. You will get it all in the normal course of play in the terrible terrible arena.

I've been saving for months and don't even have half of the 20,000 gold required.

Minsc

Gold Member
I've been saving for months and don't even have half of the 20,000 gold required.

Simply by not obtaining ~7-8 of the less or completely worthless legendaries you trim that requirement down by over half or so. I'm missing a good ~20 or so legendaries from the original set, but I hardly feel it's worth the $700 I'm told they amount to from the sheets document, given the majority are almost unplayable.

Really though, why are you trolling this expansion set so much. You certainly don't *need* 20,000 gold to play it. Far from it.

Unless your plan is to hit legendary with every class using only GvG cards I suppose.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
You will never have all of the Hearthstone cards unless you play all the time or spend a lot of money. You're just going to have to learn to live with this.

Pretty much this.

I also managed to make a decent priest deck with lightspawn and Divine Spirit and it worked pretty damn well....until i played ranked and came across a warlock with the most disgusting deck i have ever seen, it was disgustingly good. Deathrattle up ass and minions with no fucking end, i think that's what people call a zoolock deck.

caesar

Banned

Wait, you aren't the Cipher from Dreamhack right? :p

zoukka

Slowly grinding the new cards is the best thing about HS really. Once I completed the existing card collection the spark to play HS diminished considerably.

Raxus

I need a druid deck list that fucks over zoo and hunter, I don't care about any other matchup, is there such a thing?

Yep. Trump made a druid deck that was strong against the hunter matchup recently and got to legendary with it. Tried it out. Works really well.

inky

I need a druid deck list that fucks over zoo and hunter, I don't care about any other matchup, is there such a thing?

I used to run a taunt based Druid against the old zoo (watchers, sunfury, cairne, etc) that had heals and spell damage Starfalls (Thalnos). It worked reasonably well, but no idea about the hunter part.

Xanathus

Kolento's Dreamhack Druid is probably the closest to that, but it's highly dependent on you getting early Innervates, I don't think it runs Wild Growth.

I'm liking how a tempo rogue may look like post gvg. One of the problems imo is that sometimes you have to screw up your curve or lack combo starters mid game. But spare parts is gonna help that.

Clockwork gnome and tinkertown technician seem like choice cards.

Micro machine plus iron sensei. By turn four that could be a 7/4.

Blu(e)

Cute. Just found out you can be killed and revived if done in one turn. Had two health, used Blade Flurry with a Leper Gnome and Zombie Chow on the board. Leper Gnome deathrattle activated first my health zero but Zombie Chow deathrattle activated anyways and got knocked back up five health.

SteveWD40

Yep. Trump made a druid deck that was strong against the hunter matchup recently and got to legendary with it. Tried it out. Works really well.

It does, it's just taunt after taunt, Sludge Belchers really chew up their tempo when you innervate them out.

keuja

Maybe log in once a day to try to re-roll for better quests, but otherwise yeah, once every 3 days is all you need to play to reach optimal efficiency.

It doesnt work as well as before right? It seems i dont get the overlapping win 3 games and win 5 games with one class anymore...

It doesnt work as well as before right? It seems i dont get the overlapping win 3 games and win 5 games with one class anymore...

I'm not sure if they changed it, but you can certainly at least re-roll to eliminate really bad ones (like the 40 gold, play a bunch of high-cost minion quest) or at least try to overlap some. I have moderate success doing this each day.

Haunted

I don't care about maximum quest efficiency and always re-roll Hunter/Mage/Rogue quests because I'm not really interested playing those classes.

If I get a win 2 games with Warrior quest for a bit of gold, I'm content.

Szadek

All we know is "sometime in December" but I think it is safe to say that it will be a Tuesday.
Hopefully this Tuesday.
C'mon blizzard you want my money,don't you?

Edit::
After looking at the wow screenshots,I have to say that the new warlock legendray looks more like Balnazzar,then Malganis or Tichondrius.
Althouhg,the later 2 deserve it more.

Incidentally I think Saidan Dathrohan/Balnazzar would be an interesting card for the paladin.

ViviOggi

I don't see them releasing it without a few days of PR. How long before Naxx launch did they give a date, wasn't it even two weeks?

Slashlen

Considering how many cards there are left to reveal(including the other class legendaries), I doubt it's this week.

Of course, I also thought this would be March at the earliest, so who knows.

They might release the rest of the cards all in one day if they're updating clients to include the new card information. They did this with naxxramas since people would datamine it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom