• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

They might release the rest of the cards all in one day if they're updating clients to include the new card information. They did this with naxxramas since people would datamine it anyway.

This makes the most sense to me. Reveal the winner of the final vote today, release all the rest of the cards tomorrow during maintenance and announce it will come out next Tues.

ShinNL

Tried to make a deck that does practically no damage to the enemy hero, mostly minion-only clearing. Had like a few slots left so I slotted in some Legendaries in there.

Ended up winning against a ragequitting Shaman because 2x Shadowflame Ancient Watcher was just too much too handle.

This makes the most sense to me. Reveal the winner of the final vote today, release all the rest of the cards tomorrow during maintenance and announce it will come out next Tues.
I agree. Revealing all of the cards will keep people interested for a while. Would be great because then people can start theory crafting.

I'll find it funny if they do nothing for a week or two though.

gutshot

Am I the only one that doesn't want all the cards spoiled? I like some surprises.

I kinda would like my GvG packs to have some "new" cards too. But it's going to be hard to resist the temptation to view them all if Blizzard releases them or if they become datamined.

Raxus

I am in the same boat. Surprises are nice but I don't mind if they are spoiled since I am already planning on remodeling my priest deck thanks to the new Shrink Ray being released. My fingers are crossed priest will be top tier this season.

Xanathus

This brings up another question about Webspinner, will they be updating it to also bring out the new beasts and does it include the Druid cards, and also does it include Gahzilla? If so, why aren't they also updating Bane of Doom to summon other demons?

Zeroth

This brings up another question about Webspinner, will they be updating it to also bring out the new beasts and does it include the Druid cards, and also does it include Gahzilla? If so, why aren't they also updating Bane of Doom to summon other demons?

Because Hunter is Blizzard's favorite class and all other can go to hell, duh.

Dunno, I guess Blizzard forgot Bane of Doom's existence?

I was always bummed Bane never got buffed to include Voidcaller and such. Quick, someone Tweet Ben B. regarding this.

The answer is yes. I don't have the twitter link but I saw brode confirm this. (regarding webspinner, bane of doom was not included in the question but we can assume yes because the pool is not any random collectible beast like webspinner is).

edit:

Sometimes twitch chat is funny: (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿) This is the 11-3 Police, You're coming with us Amaz. (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

(◕‿◕✿) This is the 12-2 cheerleaders, go amaz! (◕‿◕✿)

egruntz

shelaughz
The answer is yes. I don't have the twitter link but I saw brode confirm this. (regarding webspinner, bane of doom was not included in the question but we can assume yes because the pool is not any random collectible beast like webspinner is).

Wait, Webspinner is really able to pull Druid-class Beasts now? That is crazy. Wow. Hahaha anybody really think Hunter needs a 4/6 taunt or 4/4 charge? :p That would be a golden pull.

I already knew Gahz'rilla would be a viable pull though. I've had 2 King Krushes in the same game. Lost though, cause it was slow as hell to play and I had no taunt removal. :'( Dream almost realized.

Minsc

Gold Member
Bane of Doom could never summon any demon even before Naxx, Jaraxxus was missing from the selection, as are a few others probably. It only summons from a select pool, like mentioned.

While web spinner summons from any playable beast in the game, including legendaries.

I'm not sure it will be able to summon a Druid Bear card though, because DotC is the playable card you can have in your deck, not the Bear form. So if DotC says beast on it, I think it should work with Webspinner, but if only the forms of DotC say beast, and not DotC itself, then I think it wouldn't work, as Webspinner can only summon cards you can collect and build in to a deck.

johnsmith

remember me

Wait, Webspinner is really able to pull Druid-class Beasts now? That is crazy. Wow. Hahaha anybody really think Hunter needs a 4/6 taunt or 4/4 charge? :p That would be a golden pull.

I already knew Gahz'rilla would be a viable pull though. I've had 2 King Krushes in the same game. Lost though, cause it was slow as hell to play and I had no taunt removal. :'( Dream almost realized.

There's no way this is true even if the version on the board is a beast. This is an uncollectable card, and webspinner doesn't pull tokens. No sheep, chickens, frogs, or squirrels. The card in your hand will not be a beast.

Druid_of_the_Claw%2845%29.png

There's no way this is true even if the version on the board is a beast. This is an uncollectable card, and webspinner doesn't pull tokens. No sheep, chickens, frogs, or squirrels. The card in your hand will not be a beast.

Druid_of_the_Claw%2845%29.png

Yes, you're right. I misread the question. DOTC transformed is not a collectible card so it isn't included in the webspinner pool. But new GVG beast cards are.

Szadek

Bane of Doom could never summon any demon even before Naxx, Jaraxxus was missing from the selection, as are a few others probably. It only summons from a select pool, like mentioned.
It can't summon pitlord,void terror,Doomgaurd and Illidian either,so pretty much all the really good ones,minus void terror(because it's not that good) and Dread Infernal(which is the best card you can summon with bane of doom).

Man

I'm upgrading from an iPad 3 to iPad Air 2. Hopefully Heartstone will be a smoother experience! While the game is totally playable on iPad 3 it kinda hitches a bit sometimes and in the moments it really flows it feels beautiful.

Hey that's a really cool card. Drop it when it has 4 attack vs. a Priest. Drop it when it has 6 attack if you suspect a BGH. Drop it late-game to have a 12-7 for 5 mana.

Xanathus

Bolvar revealed.

635530336862507711.png
Hrmmm, that seems very awkward to play because you want it in your starting hand but that makes it a dead card vs aggro and if you get it later then it is too weak if your tokens and creatures have been removed. I'm not sure if it's actually very good, it's rather situational actually.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Huh. Now that's a card. Combos real well with Muster the Forces. I think Control pallies might actually run that.

I think it's a great card because it either stays on the board to keep it clear or deal damage or it eats removal in place of something else. While it'll suck to top deck, you can always feed it with your hero power.

7 health for a 5 mana card is great and you wouldn't want it to grow too big because of BGH. makes your hero power way better and works well with muster for battle. even in a top deck war you still have your hero power to feed it. on the other hand it's vulnerable to silence and doesn't immediately impact the board. control paladin doesn't have good 5 drops and this eating a silence makes it safer to play sylvanas and tirion.

gutshot

Even in a topdeck scenario, you generally have a minion or two you can kill before playing it. A 5 mana Snapjaw ain't great, but it's something at least. And with 7 health it should stick around and could then get buffed by Kings, Avenge, etc.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You know, the synergy with haunted creeper and other deathrattle minions is also pretty damn good. Maybe he'll appear in a new kind of deathrattle pally deck.

The Dream: Opening hand haunted creeper, Muster for Battle, coin , Bolvar, + whatever

The more I think about it, I'm thinking this card is just too situational

ViviOggi

That's a cool card, but what's really great about it is the new mechanic of hand cards being influenced by what happens on the board. Always good to already have some options established for the future that don't involve RNG.

Is it wrong that what excites me most about new Legendaries is new animations/battlecries/epic Blizzard music?

Couldn't buy a win today, it took nearly three hours to do a 5-win quest. Just hate the game the first week of a new season.

Szadek

The more I think about it, I'm thinking this card is just too situational
Pretty much.If it was at least a warrior then you could give it charge and keep it in your hand for an otk.

It can be really good,but sometimes it's going to be almost useless and it loses big times to silence.
Kind of like Twilight Drake.

Silence might not work on it... HS rules are wack as shit.
You should play yugioh and then we can talk about wacky rules.

It's probably silencable, it'll probably play as a 1/7, then do an animation, then get buffed. Thinking like it works like Blood Knight.

Just think if it was a Warrior card. Have it in hand, wait for 30 minions to die, then Warsong Commander > Bolvar.

hah Two seconds to late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom