• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Nerfs inc-

Flare 1>2
Soulfire 0->1
Auctioneer 5>6

But no UT nerf. Boy, they really don't want to piss off players who bought Naxx re: Loatheb/UT, huh?

10353536_823424984366938_902452747566841874_o.jpg

Pirate meta incoming!

...just kidding.

Holy shit, I guess you guys didn't see these BALANCE changes coming:

Soulfire now costs 1 (up from 0)
Soulfire, along with fast and powerful minions, allowed Warlock rush decks to get ahead on the board and stay ahead. We’ve upped Soulfire’s mana cost by 1 to slow down the Warlock rush deck just a bit and allow more players time to react and interact against the Warlock.

Gadgetzan Auctioneer now costs 6 (up from 5)
Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s ability allows for a player to potentially draw many cards for little cost. Card draw and card advantage are important to the game—overall, games are less interesting when a player draws their entire deck. This change brings Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s cost more in line with its power level.

Flare now costs 2 (up from 1)
Flare allowed the Hunter an advantage versus decks that revolve around Secrets, while also allowing the Hunter to draw a card for little cost. We want to encourage a variety of decks in Hearthstone. With this change, Flare will continue to be useful against decks playing Secrets, but will be weaker against other decks
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en.../us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/12492997/

edit
lol super late

ViviOggi

Gadgetzan nerf but Undertaker stays untouched? I don't even...

2 mana Flare sounds good but newsflash: you can change more about cards than their mana cost. I liked the force discard suggestion for Soulfire way more than making it just cost mana.

Druids going to be so scared of those Thoughtsteals.

Seems like it would force a draw lol

Would that really work or did you just forget the "kappa" ?

https://twitter.com/bdbrode/status/539843584170532864

We'll see if it works on Paladin summons. There are many effects that do not trigger when Paladin summons a guy.

It won't work because it says "play" meaning played from hand with mana. If it said summons, it wouldn't matter how it entered the field.

johnsmith

remember me
Hobgoblin looks like a must have in every Paladin deck.
I doubt it'll trigger off that. It says "play" same as mirror entity, which doesn't trigger off recruits. Sword of justice does, and says "summon". But we need confirmation from Brode, since Hearthstone is definitely not consistent in its wording.

It could be viable in undertaker priest though.

Pirates still dead?

Probably. Their biggest issue is card draw, at least in my experience, and while the Cannon is cool, it probably won't do anything big in the long run.

Though, there is that new Rogue weapon we haven't seen yet, could be anything.

Edit:
Fuck hunters
I guess Blizzard just decided instead of nerf'ing Undertaker, they'd just make Hunter Mech really strong. The problem is solved if they don't use Undertaker anymore, right?

Xanathus

Seems like overall Priest gets the biggest buff from GvG as both of their worst matchups Handlock and Miracle have been nerfed. Well not sure about the Handlock bit.

Apt101

I was getting wrecked in matches, and finally my legendary showed up in my deck. Mounted a huge come back and my first win against a real player. I need more practice, need to unlock all the starting heroes.

So mechayeti seems pretty good for mill/hand disruption type decks. You get a mech yeti and the opportunity to play your spare part first.

Oh, and here is a mech you probably missed

Kappa

The rogue weapon isn't bad I guess.

Combo'd with barber it will have 4 attack. Even with only the +2 attack it is a cheaper assassin's blade. I like.

caesar

Banned
Gadgetzan nerf but Undertaker stays untouched? I don't even...

2 mana Flare sounds good but newsflash: you can change more about cards than their mana cost. I liked the force discard suggestion for Soulfire way more than making it just cost mana.
Cos spare parts plus gadgetzan will be super OP.

I like the soulfire change.

Not too many of those cards excite me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom