• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troggs hate spells?

I don't remember exactly, but I think they're supposed to be resistant to magic, but that makes no sense because then they'd have the FaerieDragon effect. Either way, I think it's cool trait to have on a minion. Not idea if it's actually good though.

At the very least, you can hope that when Troggzor gets taken out by a spell, he should summon another trogg that gets the attack buff.

ViviOggi

Anime Golem is actually pretty bad because it checks for the condition at the end of EACH player's turn, so your opponent can just kill your other creatures on their turn and it won't get an attack.
Not that easy when you're Zoo with various deathrattles on the board, but it's hard to make an argumnt for a 6 mana card in that deck. For Handlock it can be an extra giant and easily silenced, although here it's hard to free slots for another situational high cost card. Either way it at least beats like 3/4 of Warlock's class cards

also this:

The following balance changes will be made in an upcoming patch:

Soulfire now costs 1 (up from 0)
Soulfire, along with fast and powerful minions, allowed Warlock rush decks to get ahead on the board and stay ahead. We’ve upped Soulfire’s mana cost by 1 to slow down the Warlock rush deck just a bit and allow more players time to react and interact against the Warlock.

Gadgetzan Auctioneer now costs 6 (up from 5)
Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s ability allows for a player to potentially draw many cards for little cost. Card draw and card advantage are important to the game—overall, games are less interesting when a player draws their entire deck. This change brings Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s cost more in line with its power level.

Flare now costs 2 (up from 1)
Flare allowed the Hunter an advantage versus decks that revolve around Secrets, while also allowing the Hunter to draw a card for little cost. We want to encourage a variety of decks in Hearthstone. With this change, Flare will continue to be useful against decks playing Secrets, but will be weaker against other decks

Szadek

Some of these new cards are hard to judge,other will ber very good in arena at least.
I really want to make a mech/spare part mage deck.

inky

I don't understand the Gadgetzan nerf. Or at least they way they went about it.

They complain about its effect as a reason for it, but don't nerf the effect, they just slow down the card. Sure, it is a significant nerf, but hey, how about you try something different with the card, like those suggestions of limiting the effect (by losing life, etc.) instead of just touching the mana? you do understand that it still allows people to draw as many cards, right? (maybe 1 less from the turn its played, but still..)

I'm mostly bitter because the class/types of decks I like to play keep getting worse =/ I'm hopeful GvG completely turns things around tho, which is extremely likely.

Kettch

It looks like they're dumping all of the cards, so I think release is a lot sooner than a week. You don't hype things up like this and then wait on releasing.

ViviOggi

I don't understand the Gadgetzan nerf. Or at least they way they went about it.

They complain about its effect as a reason for it, but don't nerf the effect, they just slow down the card. Sure, it is a significant nerf, but hey, how about you try something different with the card, like those suggestions of limiting the effect (by losing life, etc.) instead of just touching the mana?

I'm mostly bitter because they class/types of decks I like to play keep getting worse =/ I'm hopeful GvG completely turns things around tho, which is likely.

Blizz hates the only combo deck's guts and for some reason really wants Mech Rogue to be a thing

gutshot

It looks like they're dumping all of the cards, so I think release is a lot sooner than a week. You don't hype things up like this and then wait on releasing.

Could be less than a week, true. Definitely not today though since Zeriyah said it would be announced ahead of time. Unless plans have changed since yesterday.

ViviOggi

The fuck are these lol

1959597_823437621032341_5691685470916741790_n.jpg

10801595_823437757698994_5803776424984076281_n.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Overcosted, but given the caliber of the other Hunter cards so far, it's well deserved.

Dies to Fan of Knives 0/10 would not play.

The fuck are these lol

Mini-Mage is probably costed appropriately, but the stats distribution is horrid. Should be a 2/3 or 3/2 at least... although, if your opponent cannot answer it, it can be a ton of damage if you drop a couple of them on a turn then follow-up with attacking with both into their Hero plus cast some damage spells on the hero.

Kettch

I don't understand the point of Crush. Warrior has two of the best single target removals in the game and then you give them a third?

I don't understand the point of Crush. Warrior has two of the best single target removals in the game and then you give them a third?

Seems like crush might be more of an aggro card than execute is. You're far more likely to have an injured minion than being capable of damaging a minion (without losing a minion) to then follow up execute.

Lightbomb is a Priest's Flamestrike. Meaning, it'll be awesome in Arena, but I don't see it getting heavy play in Constructed. I'll certainly be testing it quite a bit though since Priest is one of my main classes.

Haly

Delicious.

Too narrow to be played competitively in typical formats, unless you specifically build a "hunter counter" deck, which is a dumb move.

Just really highlights how much this game needs a sideboard option. Maybe it's actually in the works? That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of for all these narrow cards.

Lightbomb is a Priest's Flamestrike. Meaning, it'll be awesome in Arena, but I don't see it getting heavy play in Constructed. I'll certainly be testing it quite a bit though since Priest is one of my main classes.

But it hits every minion and it won't kill minions who have more hp than attack.

Just really highlights how much this game needs a sideboard option. Maybe it's actually in the works? That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of for all these narrow cards.

I think they've been trying slowly to make decks more extreme focused rather than broadly focused. This helps reduce the decks that are too good (against too many decks) and makes the meta change more often.

inky

Maybe if they introduce a "best of" duel format

Haly

I think they've been trying slowly to make decks more extreme focused rather than broadly focused. This helps reduce the decks that are too good and makes the meta change more often.
I can't see it working in the long run. The rigors of competition demand versatility over tunnel vision.

Maybe for ladder, where every "bracket" has its own meta, but for tournaments with 3-4 of 9+ possibly decks? Eeeeeeeh.

Lightbomb is NOT Priest's Flamestrike, for the main reason that HP is favored over Attack at 5+ costs in Arena. I would say it's more anti-zoo, but it's even slower than Holy Nova. Not really sure where it's going to be played though the anti-hunter route seems reasonable.

Minsc

Gold Member
The new 4-mana Rogue assassinate that combos in to an ooze-destroy-weapon as well is probably one of the set's highlights for me. What a swing card if you get to use both parts to it.

Other stuff like the 6-mana 6/4 minion that summons a 4-mana minion upon death seems really strong too... and just in general silence tech is going to become even more standard than it already was.

Kettch

There's going to be some even crazier ramp druid now. Wild Growth/Grove Tender, then Tree of Life away all that damage you took losing tempo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom