• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It should say "Gallywix's Coin" in Gallywix's text. Simple as that.

Dreavus

Iron Juggernaut is fucking bananas.

Very solid stats, hides a pyroblast in your opponents deck (AND they presumably lose that draw, so you're up a card when it triggers). Absolutely perfect for the long game.

Szadek

10406989_823491937693576_8014378157856831118_n.jpg
You must really have high hopes in RNJesus if you play this card.

inky

Paladin and Shaman got seriously fucked this expansion. Druid close 3rd, but a couple of cards are decent.

Time to find a new class to play =/ It's probably going to be Enrage/Mechwarrior.

zoukka

Vol'Jin is the most HYPE card so far. Insane power level.

Also Blizz not nerfing Undertaker confirms they are going in the wrong direction with Hearthstone... all those deathrattle mech decks will flood the meta and we will suffer. Those mechs are way too stronk!

Majine

Banned
They should've just made the OG coin a non-spell and applied that coin to Gallywix. This seems like a very bloated and potentially confusing solution.

Skux

This is fucking nuts. I love the "shuffle a card/minion" into your/opponent's deck mechanic.

HYPE EXPLOSION

inky

So I take it Blizzard really wants Shamans to use Murlocs.

Yes, and it's depressing =(

Things like Murlocs, pirates, etc should be neutral friendly with 1 or 2 helping class cards. Not designating the first new class legendary to it. I'm seriously bummed about this.

Haly

I think they're giving each class a "tribe", or something like it.

Paladin gets Silver Hand Recruits aka Soljas
Shaman get Murlocs
Warlock gets Demons
Warrior/Rogue get a mix of Mech and Pirate
Hunter gets Beasts
Druid will also get Beasts but of a different nature
Which leaves Mage and Priest as the caster classes that don't really specialize in creatures

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Even funnier is that the priest got a shaman as a legendary.

Vol'jin isn't a shaman he's a Shadow Hunter. Basically like a cross between a Shadow Priest and a Hunter. Theres some shamany-aspects to Shadow Hunters sure, but arguably closer to a spriest.

Szadek

Vol'jin isn't a shaman he's a Shadow Hunter. Basically like a cross between a Shadow Priest and a Hunter. Theres some shamany-aspects to Shadow Hunters sure, but arguably closer to a spriest.
Healing wave and Hex are shaman spells,Serpent Ward is a totem.
It's a shaman.

The shadow hunter Vol'jin, son of Sen'jin...

Also, I hope Trump posts this video on YouTube. There's no way I can watch all of this today.

not to be confused with the senjin shieldmasta, that would be weird

This is probably why bliz didn't make buzzard draw cards on death, maybe to make these 2 cards mechanically different.

Granted, this card is better than buzzard is now. Cool though cause it is even more restricted than buzzard is.

johnsmith

remember me
Vol'jin is pretty good. Kind of like a hunter's mark attached to a creature. Not wtf omg overpowered, but definitely playable as extra removal. 2 damage is pretty easy to do most of the time.

2,480 dust is all it takes to craft the new Murlocs (or, non-Murloc-but-Murloc-summong-Legendary) for my Shamurlock deck... not bad. Got it already. I need to get out of work so I can theorycraft up a new deck.

Vol'jin is a really cool but situational card, to add to all of priest's other really cool but situational cards.

If you play murloc shaman, you play Neptulon. If you don't play murloc shaman, you don't play Neptulon.

Trade Prince Gallywix seems interesting, like Cho except you give your opponent mana. Can massively backfire if your opponent has a lot of spare parts.

Malorne is crazy because he keeps coming back, but it's somewhat mitigated by the fact that he doesn't have an immediate effect on the board.

Mal'ganis is madness. Warlock can lifetap for free and you have to deal with Mal before attacking the hero.

Iron Juggernaut isn't as unbalanced as I initially thought it was. There'll probably be amusing warrior decks that just play pandas and this card and try and throw as many of these in your deck as possible, but I imagine that's going to be really niche. Otherwise it's sort of like Alex in that it eats a chunk of life out of your opponent, who you probably haven't dealt much damage to.

Flame Leviathian is awful. People were saying that War Golem should get a mech tag, well here it is. Its draw effect may be to your benefit or not, but when you play it, it's just a war golem with a mech tag.

G.ZZZ

The changes/nerf are so useless. Kill Miracle that was already dead , and nerf a fringe card from hunter? Undertaker need to be a 2/1 and Mad scientist need not to play the card, those are teh cards that everyone is playing, not zzzzzz auctioneer.

EDIT: also the flame leviathan is deceptively good. Free random Consecrate in games for control Wizzy vs random rush strats pretty good.

Kumo

Paladin and Shaman got seriously fucked this expansion. Druid close 3rd, but a couple of cards are decent.

Time to find a new class to play =/ It's probably going to be Enrage/Mechwarrior.

That druid card is VERY interesting. I'm already thinking of cards that could be put in a fatigue druid type deck.

Dancing Swords?
Naturalize?
And the new card of course, Tree of Life.

If the board gets bad, you have Poison Seeds as well.

Zeroth

The changes/nerf are so useless. Kill Miracle that was already dead , and nerf a frine card from hunter? Undertaker need to be a 2/1 and Mad scientist need not to play the card, those are teh cards that everyone is playing, not zzzzzz auctioneer.

Auctioneer was probably nerfed because of spare parts and other new spells from GvG.

zoukka

The changes/nerf are so useless. Kill Miracle that was already dead , and nerf a frine card from hunter? Undertaker need to be a 2/1 and Mad scientist need not to play the card, those are teh cards that everyone is playing, not zzzzzz auctioneer.

Blizzard seems to have a very different strategy than Wizards with MTG. For Blizz it's totally fine to have super powerful cards that fit into most decks like Loatheb. Instead they have a problem with cards that allow control strategies and combos.

And Vol'Jin is one the most powerful HS cards as of now. The value is fucking insane.

Well, deathrattle decks got a lot to deal with in the new set coming. While miracle is a deck type that would get only stronger with all the spare parts being added.

Flare actually needed to happen. The card is just ubiquitously good in hunter vs every deck. Thinning deck for 1 mana is quite good. And it has the benefit of taking out higher mana cards often 2-1 or even 3-1 for only 1 mana. They were talking about flare changing (devs on twitter) well before this announcement too.

Haly

You say this like Wizards loves combo/control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom