• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
I do like seeing cards that give you more cards, if nothing else for that Murloc legendary. Getting access to over 30 cards in your deck does really help in closer matchups.

That warrior legendary is unreal though. You negate their draw phase entirely and deal 10 damage to them, and you get a decent minion that demands removal. Yes, it's random when the bomb hits, but it's not like warrior games tend to end before the last few turns anyway, so sooner or later it will go off.

gutshot

I do like seeing cards that give you more cards, if nothing else for that Murloc legendary. Getting access to over 30 cards in your deck does really help in closer matchups.

That warrior legendary is unreal though. You negate their draw phase entirely and deal 10 damage to them, and you get a decent minion that demands removal. Yes, it's random when the bomb hits, but it's not like warrior games tend to end before the last few turns anyway, so sooner or later it will go off.

Ben Brode clarified on Reddit that the mine cycles a card, so you don't lose a card draw. Still a pretty good card though.

Skux

Iron Juggernaut is a little crazy though. That's 10 guaranteed damage for 6 mana and a disincentive to draw cards.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not guaranteed. It's a risk, and Zoolock might be less zealous in activating their hero power, but it is in no way a free Pyroblast.

Never ever evaluate cards in best case scenarios. It's always better to evaluate them in the average case, or even worst case, which is why cards like Harvest Golem and Azure Drake have stood the test of time.

jinutsu

Neo Member
With regards to the Iron Juggernaut... when it explodes does it do 10 damage to all characters or simply 10 damage to the enemy player? The text ran out of room and does not specify.

Haly

With regards to the Iron Juggernaut... when it explodes does it do 10 damage to all characters or simply 10 damage to the enemy player? The text ran out of room and does not specify.

Rules text ambiguity, yay!

Judging by the design, it probably only damage the player who draws it.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...12:2;12253:2;12265:2;12276:2;12287:1;12291:1;

This is my first shot at making a mecharogue midrange deck

New_Bitmap_Image.png

Gazlowe gives you a random mech when you use a 1 mana spell. This deck only starts with 2 one mana spells, but it is meant to get value off the spare parts. Maybe I'll need to add cold blood, just for the burst and added synergy. Since it doesn't work with backstab, I might cut backstab for cold blood.

So yeah, cut backstab for cold blood and if I ever get voltron it is basically an OTK lol.

Also maybe cut micromachine for a higher curve, maybe sabotage could work in a deck like this. Blingtron is also something that *probably* won't make the final cut. (heck, it could work because of having 6 ways to buff weapons)

Anyway, decent for a first shot I think.

edit:
Also to be noted, the epic weapon is 3 cost not 2. I already fucking love that card... 3 swings with a 3 attack weapon for 3 mana is like super good.

Haly

People (read: pro players/prominent streamers) have gotten to Legend without any Legendaries.

It's difficult, and grueling, but it's possible.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Neptulon is a serious troll card. He doesn't really fit in a shaman murloc deck because he's 7 friggan mana. So you basically just draw 4 shitty cards or hope one of them is a warleader.

If I understand it correctly not only is it a free pyroblast but it also eats up a draw. Pretty crazy.

Gutshot said that it cycles a card, so you don't lose draw and as Haly said, it's technically not guaranteed, all depends on how long the game lasts.

Still insane in my mind though.

ZealousD

Jesus, Tree of Life... I might be wrong, but will this not make more games into fatigue endurance races?

Its a Druid counter to aggro decks for sure. The problem is that its high cost means people may only want to run one of them, which makes it harder to draw when they need it, which means its just really awkward.

What a hell of a way to force an aggro deck to run out of gas, though.

Alrus

People (read: pro players/prominent streamers) have gotten to Legend without any Legendaries.

It's difficult, and grueling, but it's possible.

Zoolocks are still fairly viable and don't require legendaries to work.

The new mage Legendary looks really really shitty at first glance.

The 10 damage bomb card seems good in fatigue match ups without being overpowered because in control match ups you have heals to play. Seems unreliable vs aggro since they don't draw aggressively enough and the match doesn't last too long.

Kumo

Its a Druid counter to aggro decks for sure. The problem is that its high cost means people may only want to run one of them, which makes it harder to draw when they need it, which means its just really awkward.

What a hell of a way to force an aggro deck to run out of gas, though.

I would run two, especially since you can run innervate.

Haly

I would run two, especially since you can run innervate.

I would not run two of these, especially in a ramp deck.

You'd have Innervate, Wild Growth, and Durdle Tree. 6 cards that do absolutely fuck all for the board state. Getting back to 30 hardly matters if you have no way to clear the board.

Tree of life looks like a prime mill card to me. It helps you survive in a long match and ideally your opponent is hitting fatigue several turns before you anyway so hp totals don't matter til fatigue hits.

edit:
I could also see running 2 of these in that kind of deck since even if it is your last card, you play it and your opponent is taking so much damage per turn, you win by like 1-2 turns.

Haly

So it doesn't "eat" the draw.

I think it's fair overall.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They're answering questions now: https://twitter.com/cm_zeriyah

1.) You still draw a card when you get a burrow mine.

2.) "Jaraxxus and Mal'ganis interaction - Jaraxxus is immune, but doesn't get the +2/+2 buff."

3.) "Will every single Point of Armor gained through Armorsmith+AoE count for Siege Engine?" -> "Yes, since they are separate instances of armor gain."

4.) "Fatigue never resets, in examples of Malorne, Iron Juggernaut, Recycle, etc. you will still get accumulating fatigue when out of cards."

ZealousD

I think Iron Juggurnaut replaces Alexstraza in Control Warrior? Which means it's probably not as crazy as people think it is?

Haly

No way. Alexstrasza is both a stabilizing tool and and win-con setup. Iron Juggernaut is... RNG value.

gutshot

Do we have a list of original cards that are changing? Like what is getting tagged mech or beast?

Harvest Golem, Damaged Golem, Demolisher, Dragonling Mechanic's Pet and Gelbin Mekkatorgue's inventions are all becoming Mechs.

Druid of the Claw Bear and Cat forms are becoming Beasts.

Raxus

Gutshot said that it cycles a card, so you don't lose draw and as Haly said, it's technically not guaranteed, all depends on how long the game lasts.

Still insane in my mind though.

Indeed. Just slightly less insane :p.

Warriors, Priest and control Hunter seem to have gotten the best of things this meta. Jury still out on Druid and Handlocks.

Mages, Paladins and Rogues...got kind of screwed.

JesseZao

What happens when:

A warrior plays Iron Juggernaut.
Opponent is a priest and there is a Cho on the board.
Priest plays Thoughtsteal.
Warrior plays Thoughtsteal and steals the mine.

Is that card "drawn" or "stolen"?

Since Thoughtsteal just says it copies 2 cards and puts them in your hand it looks like it'd just be a dead card that triggers "casting spell" effects.

The draw a card should be switched to an action when you play it imo.

inky

Indeed. Just slightly less insane :p.

Warriors, Priest and control Hunter seem to have gotten the best of things this meta. Jury still out on Druid and Handlocks.

Mages, Paladins and Rogues...got kind of screwed.

And Shaman got Mgrlgrlgrlgrlgrled

Zeroth

What happens when:

Since Thoughtsteal just says it copies 2 cards and puts them in your hand it looks like it'd just be a dead card that triggers "casting spell" effects.

Why not go a step further? The other thoughtstealed card was Soulpriest, resulting in a 10HP heal plus draw.

Release date:
DECEMBER 8th!
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/539903829278326784

Why not go a step further? The other thoughtstealed card was Soulpriest, resulting in a 10HP heal plus draw.

Soulpriest doesn't make damage effects into healing :)

Shaman got a Wargolem with 3 overload and 4 mrgrgrgrl that all most likely will suck because rng.

To be fair, since all murlocs are cheap you'll probably get to play all 3 murlocs despite overload anyway.

Next week:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/16960836/goblins-vs-gnomes-whirs-into-life-beginning-december-8-12-2-2014 said:
The new Goblins vs Gnomes card packs will officially become available for Windows®, Mac®, and iPad® on December 8 in the Americas region (including Southeast Asia and Oceania), and roll out on December 9 to Europe, Korea, Taiwan, and China throughout the day.

Ashodin

What happens when:

Probably won't count as a card to thoughtsteal.

ViviOggi

Shaman has gotten a bit more varied with Naxx but there's really not enough difference between the few variants to call them distinct archetypes. Some play Lava Burst, some play two Doomhammers and some play Al'Akir, but in the end they're all looking to burst you down with average combos while maintaining a weak but sturdy board. The clowny Feugen/Stalagg/Reincarnate variant is too inconsistent for serious play and Crusher is trash.

So what you'd want is to give them some decent, versatile cards in order to diversify lists but Blizzard gives them... Murlocs?

I can see it replacing Korn depending on how the meta shifts.

The meta has already shifted to the point where he usually does nothing but stare at Loathebs and Sludge Belchers, so many CW's have already ditched him a while ago. Geddon is pretty common nowadays, maybe he'll get the boot depending on how effective he is with all the buffing added to the annoying deathrattles.

JesseZao

Cool, GvG next week!

To add to my scenario:

What if the Warrior has Spell Power on the board?

Does the mine use he Warrior's Spell Power or would it be augmented by any Priest Spell Power?

I'm leaning towards it being affected by the Priest's Spell Power since Hearthstone doesn't track ownership of a card if it changes hands/sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom