• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

centracore

They most likely did the server side stuff on Tuesday during maintenance, then Tuesday evening uploaded the client patch to their servers (that's where all the sounds and golden card animations were datamined from). Now all they need to do is "flip the switch" on the client patch - you will most likely see it this afternoon and definitely before the weekend.

Xanathus

Wow, fought a Shaman in Arena with Doomhammer AND Al-akir. Too bad I'm a Mage with 2 Flamestrikes, 1 Blizzard, 4 Fireballs and 1 Pyroblast.

gutshot

I'll be dusting all those cards. I was never into the miracle rage after all, nor the soulfire craze.
100% hipster

Oh I guess soulfire is a basic card no dusterino

Yeah, just Gadgetzan and Flare. I only have one Flare and I think it still might be worth running. A 6 mana 4/4 kinda sucks though.

I know I have a golden Auctioneer, tempted to dust. How long do the improved Values stay when a card is changed?

Scratch that, I have two Goldens, completely forgot. Probably won't touch them unless I'm a Legendary away from making a deck or something.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So should I d/e my 2 Gadgetzans for 100 dust each? Would put me very close to 1600 dust, if I do.

I think dusting rares is a kind of dumb in general. I mean all you are going to get out of it is another rare. And the nerf doesn't necessarily make the card completely useless either, so you don't want to be forced to recraft it.

ViviOggi

7drHiqrh.jpg
7drHiqrh.jpg
7drHiqrh.jpg
7drHiqrh.jpg
7drHiqrh.jpg
7drHiqrh.jpg
7drHiqrh.jpg
7drHiqrh.jpg
7drHiqrh.jpg
7drHiqrh.jpg

br3wnor

So I can pick GvG cards in Arena, but I'm assuming classic packs will still be the Arena award?

Dammit, I have like 500 gold saved up but I'm tempted now to just play arena at least once to get a sneak peak of these cards but I know it won't net me anything new.

I would only dust if you have the gold versions. I have 2 gold Flares, so it's a free Legendary for me basically.

Patch is live for me, drafted my free Arena run deck. THE HYPE! IS! REAL!

LET'S FUCKING DO THIS YOU GUYS!

Szadek

So I can pick GvG cards in Arena, but I'm assuming classic packs will still be the Arena award?

Dammit, I have like 500 gold saved up but I'm tempted now to just play arena at least once to get a sneak peak of these cards but I know it won't net me anything new.
You get 1 free arena run.

embalm

So should I d/e my 2 Gadgetzans for 100 dust each? Would put me very close to 1600 dust, if I do.

I almost always dust the things that have been updated or nerfed. Hold on to the dust and worst case scenario you can re-create the card you dusted. Best case scenario you get enough dust for the epics and legendary cards that you couldn't seem to open.

Auctioneer and Flare are totally dusted when patch goes live for me.

Daddy needs those GvG Legendary cards!

kirblar

I would only dust if you have the gold versions. I have 2 gold Flares, so it's a free Legendary for me basically.

Patch is live for me, drafted my free Arena run deck. THE HYPE! IS! REAL!

LET'S FUCKING DO THIS YOU GUYS!
Agreed- dust only golds for anything you actually might use, due to the upcoming arena pack change.

Mixed2k

The only reason i'm not dusting flare/auctioneer is because I won't be opening regular packs anytime soon, and in case I need the cards then I will have to craft them.
However 400 dust would be pretty nice, hmmmmmmmmm

Wow, this arena run totally wants me to pick tree of life... got it come up twice already. I chose recombobulator over it, but the second one is contending with hobgoblin (buffed when playing 1 attack minion) and fel reaver (discard 3 cards from deck when opponent plays a card)...

edit:
Wow, 3 epic picks nothing good lol.

I ended up picking a tree of life... this deck has a pretty low curve but I do have a few heavy hitters and wild growth.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Woah, just saw Trump use Cobalt Guardian with Harvest Golem, it got flamestriked and the cobalt got another divine shield from the 2/1 coming in. Pretty neat.

I almost threw my first game when I got too excited to recombobulate my bomb lobber. I forgot to attack before doing it so I lost 3 damage and the mage ended up with 5 hp the turn before he conceded.

BUT... the card was awesome. I turned my 3/3 into a 5/5 and it survived flamestrike! Loved it.

I also drafted two force tanks. Better than no fatties!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can someone please tell me in detail how it's much 'smoother'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom