• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iryx

Ended up going 11-3, so close to going all the way.
Gahz'rilla was MVP by far, serveral people just instacondeded when I dropped him, and I'm pretty sure I made a Priest mad by going turn 6 Toshley, turn 7 Gahz'rilla and turn 8 Malorne. Really excited to play more arenas when I'll get the new card packs from it.

Skux

Wow, the Hobgoblin and Quartermaster buffs are 'permanent' right? So not like a constant effect like the Stormwind Champion that relies on him being alive?

Ashodin

Quartermaster OP confirmed

triple confirmed

MCLDLSm.png

Also gilblin stalker is NUTS. 2/3 stealth

gutshot

So apparently you can get the GvG beasts from Webspinner even in Constructed. Gonna go play some Hunter on ladder and hope for a Gahz!

Ashodin

So apparently you can get the GvG beasts from Webspinner even in Constructed. Gonna go play some Hunter on ladder and hope for a Gahz!

uh oh hahaha

damn DP

watching CosmicZJ, you don't get fatigue from milling from Fel Reaver after your deck is gone. Lame!

JesseZao

uh oh hahaha

damn DP

watching CosmicZJ, you don't get fatigue from milling from Fel Reaver after your deck is gone. Lame!

Felt great to burn half his deck in a few turns. Really too bad you can't fatigue them with it. He died anyway, but would've been sweeter.

Edit: I had 3 spectators for that game. Good timing. Wish it had a spectator lobby.

Edit2: I think I'm in trouble this game. Not getting rid of that teacher.

I'm prob gonna just spectate random people doing arena on my friend's list while I watch some netflix.

Add me: Protekt1#1871

I gotta save up for arena runs where I get gvg packs. Don't wanna waste a drop of my precious small hoard of only 1500 gold.

ViviOggi

Spectator mode needs an auto-spectate function to watch consecutive matches but otherwise it's pretty neat

Feel free to add me if you're in the EU: ViviOggi#2280

johnsmith

remember me
So is arena going to be easy pickings for the next few weeks? Got about 100 arena runs worth of gold to burn through.

More if the competition is terrible.

Mixed2k

6-3 arena, 140 gold, 40 dust worth of cards, and I get to try new cards for FREE.

OucCkol.png

If only I had better 2 drops, but oh well can't complain.

Me as Priest vs. Mage in Arena.

T1 Mage: Cogmaster (1/2)
T1 Priest: Gilblin Stalker (2/3, stealth) (haha, his minion's done, he can't even Frostbolt my minion. Good job, goblin.)
T2 Mage: Flamecannon

Aw.

jblank83

I had an Arena mage deck drafted last night. Woke up this morning to find this GvG announcement. Figured I'll test my old Arena mage. Proceeded to get destroyed, 1-3.

So I draft a new Arena mage. It's almost identical draft to the first deck, same spell counts, same minions. Only difference is about 5-10 GvG cards. New Arena mage is now 3-0, and those wins were mostly easy.

I know it's not enough data, but these cards are very good. For instance, the 3-3 goblin that tosses a 4 damage bomb? That's great. Even the flame cannon is very good in an opening hand.

I'm not complaining about power creep. It's inevitable. Mostly I'm just surprised at how fun most of the cards are. Lots of new interesting effects.

I learned the hard way that while getting to draft new cards is great, getting a mix of bad cards from the expansion with bad cards already in the game to choose from sure does suck. I felt like I was being mocked with each selection. Nothing like getting a lengendary selection of Lorewalker Cho, Blingtron 3000, and Millhouse Manastorm...

Leezard

I drafted 3 auto-barbers for my rogue arena. Sure, it might not be the ideal play on turn 2,but adding a barber gives you that extra damage that the enemies do not expect. Deadly poison + barber is nice.

Mazre

Had Mimiron's Head pop up in my last draft selection but only had 3 mechs in my deck so I settled on Cenarius, was super tempted.

Played three arena matches so far, and made use of BGH in every game. I think it's arena value will jump up in the expansion with all the buff cards and sticky minions introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom