• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhack

Drafted 2 Whirling Zap-o-Matics and rockbiter.

Rolling taunt totem and beating the crap out of your opponent.

sogood.gif

Rosenskjold

Just beat someone with legendary card back, which for me as a rank 15 player is pretty awesome!! I just played really well and was lucky to have ysera in ranked.

When I used a spare part to get ysera back on my hand with only 1 hp and having used her to clear the board and then played a venture co, he forfeited :D!!! And a priest even, the class I hate facing the most

2an7sZJ.jpg

JesseZao

So it looks like they coded it so the mouseover/cards in hand and board are all the correct perspective, but when a card is played, it looks like the result is mirrored, because a card moved to play on left snaps to the right on the board.

It also shows the hero power banner as if you were watching an opponent.

Maybe that's how they made it so the client knew it wasn't you playing and didn't count stats?

Antique Healbot has been good to me so far.

Same here, especially with spare part to return a minion to your hand and play again the next turn for +18 health, especially useful later in the game.
I am a hearthnoob but having fun playing, and so far on my best arena run yet with the following deck.
7qN2NFe.jpg

Explosive Sheep

Explosive Sheep + Poison Seeds = Equality + Consecration for druids?
Yeah, actually Poison Seeds will kill everything, Deathrattles happen, then makes 2/2s. - (Zeriyah)

LIES!!! Tried this in arena to show off after I had fatal and it just cost me the game. One of the most embarrassing things I've ever had happen.

Gotchaye

What's neat about all the "damage random enemy minion" cards is that they punish conservative play. If you're up against something like a Mage in Arena you want to avoid having lots of minions on the board, because Flamestrike, but now it's a lot harder to leave out just one sticky-ish minion because the Mage also has flamecannon, blastmage, and that neutral 5 mana 3/3. Even the 3 mana 4/4 ogre seems really strong when people aren't flooding the board with small minions. A well-drafted deck feels a lot like playing old Hunter with easy access to both Unleash and Deadly Shot, where it was really hard for people to find a good balance between not letting you guarantee a good target for Deadly Shot but also not letting you draw millions of cards with Unleash.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Snowchugger is so good against weapon classes. Just denied this paladin his Truesilver for like 4 turns in a row.

I had snowchugger, frostbolt, and got freeze a minion from spare parts twice. The minion stalling was hilarious.

I got wrecked by Ysera so my free run died, but from the first draft I really liked Snowchugger, Tinkertown Technician, and the 2/5 taunt that you can't target with spells. The taunt in particular made the opponent do pretty suboptimal plays in a lot of cases. Had two of the 3/3 +1 spell damage minions but didn't end up getting many spells in the draft.

Lil Exorcist also was a nice shutdown at points. Got her as a 4/5 two games in a row on turn 3.

A new change albeit minor, but when you cast Earth Shock, the silence effect is visually more apparent as happening before the damage bolt.

P.S. I'm totally getting rekt in Arena tonight, lol.

Minsc

Gold Member
Nothing quite like turn 1 innervate > innervate > Spectral Knight vs a Rogue, game lasted all of 5 seconds... "I will be your death" > quit.

Nice when you can get wins so quickly.

gutshot

Holy shit. Just got wrecked by a priest who was able to get his Micro Machine behind a Mogu'shan Warden. That thing is so OP if you can get it behind a big taunt wall.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
All right, went 5/3.

My losses were to that 8/8 for 5 golem that makes you discard off the top of your deck (they silenced it with an owl and then had a void terror eat both), a Druid of the Claw followed by a Druid of the Fang after a bunch of removal, and then improbably bad draws against a Pirate deck with that cannon that does 2 damage every time a pirate comes out.

So far a good showing for the new cards in arena.

Ashodin

All right, went 5/3.

My losses were to that 8/8 for 5 golem that makes you discard off the top of your deck (they silenced it with an owl and then had a void terror eat both), a Druid of the Claw followed by a Druid of the Fang after a bunch of removal, and then improbably bad draws against a Pirate deck with that cannon that does 2 damage every time a pirate comes out.

So far a good showing for the new cards in arena.

You mean FEL REAVER?

fel-reaver.jpg

gutshot

Did they secretly nerf Warsong Commander? Before this patch you could play Harvest Golem and both it plus the Damaged Golem it spawned would have charge. Now only the original minion gets charge. WTF?

gutshot

The text hasn't changed. Was your commander silenced perhaps?

No. I played a Harvest Golem and it received charge but then the Damaged Golem didn't. A bug?

Posts on reddit confirming similar issues. Spectral Spiders not receiving charge and even a Bloodsail Raider after it's been buffed by weapon's attack.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2obdwl/mechanic_changes/
http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2obquk/worsang_commander_nerf/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom