• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Holy shit I did it guys!

tIUB1yD.jpg

Bomber hit it twice. Thank you RNGesus

Oh, and Ghaz came from a webspinner LOL

LOL. Sick.

I hope you checked that wasn't Vaporize beforehand :p

Volimar

Wow. Amaz was facing down a board of low level creatures. He played explosive sheep and his mage opponent mirror entity'd it causing the mages' knife juggler to knife Amaz's sheep practically clearing the mage's board.

Skux

Just finished my first arena run, went 6-3, not bad. MVP was Gnomeregan Infantry - the charge can make a big difference early game.

Why was my Solo adventures glowing when I logged into get the free arena run? I already beat everything from Naxx when it came out. Is there something new in there I'm not seeing?

I still have my old Arena run to finish... and it's a really good control Shaman deck. Seeing all these cool cards makes me want to end my run early though. D=

johnsmith

remember me
Did you play it? When I saw someone use it, it transformed the minion during the card draw and looked like it went right into play. So the 1 mana could just be the repay cost if it is bounced.

It shows you the minion that got turned into a chicken, but I don't think it goes into play right away.

Just played it. the chicken definitely goes into your hand.

Priest is ridiculous in arena now. Definitely top tier.

Vire

Soooo I just got a golden Ragnaros! Woohoo.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a deck to build off of it?

gutshot

It shows you the minion that got turned into a chicken, but I don't think it goes into play right away.

Just played it. the chicken definitely goes into your hand.

Priest is ridiculous in arena now. Definitely top tier.

Yeah, just a bit of a dud card. Could work in a very very very specific deck perhaps...

It also works like card discard where you see what card is transformed btw, even to the opponent.

Sharpsword oil is pretty awesome. Gave my Nerubian Egg attack and got my poisoned assassin's blade up to 8 dmg with 3 charges. Taking me down to value town.

Dario ff

Banned
Haven't played in like 3 months and my 10 wins priest arena run was finished with a topdecked* Pyroblast at exactly 10 HP. Not even new cards can erase the saltiness. :(
At least I got to mind control a Deathwing.

Some observations:
  • Bomb Lobber can be such insane tempo swing against 5-drops with 4 Health on an empty board. Azure Drake murderer right here. Gotta play around that more often on Arena.
  • Shadowboxer has some hilarious interactions with the Truesilver Champion's healing where it will shoot 1 damage randomly as the paladin attacks. Free Silverhand Recruit kill!
  • If Naxx didn't make it obvious that silence is essential, then this expansion does.
  • A lot of people seem to have a lot of trouble playing around the Troggs, particularly the one that is a 3/5. Worth keeping in mind when to mulligan it away depending on the enemy class.
  • Shrinkmeister is just VALUE for priest.

*: Unless the card animations have changed how they work since the mage seemed pretty insistent on going for the face despite my best efforts of healing.

Fel Reaver is hilarious and sort of buggy. Opponent had it up and I made her burn through her entire deck. Except once she ran out of cards she didn't take exhaustion damage when it was supposed to draw more cards and couldn't.

Fuck this game a huntard in arena with double uth and steamweedle while i don't even get 1 consecrate. Now i remember why i don't bother with rngrena.

Ashodin

Fel Reaver is hilarious and sort of buggy. Opponent had it up and I made her burn through her entire deck. Except once she ran out of cards she didn't take exhaustion damage when it was supposed to draw more cards and couldn't.

Nah the card reads "discard cards" not "draw cards". It's why it doesn't work past the initial deck mill. Using draw cards after that though...

Nah the card reads "discard cards" not "draw cards". It's why it doesn't work past the initial deck mill. Using draw cards after that though...

Huh, ok. Regardless, I don't know if I'd use that thing seeing what damage it will do to you. I could have killed it anytime and instead I just let it stay up and destroy her deck. Seemed like it was a bigger liability than a benefit but I think she misplayed by using it to trade for minions instead of going straight for the face.

manhack

Arena is so fun right now. Some really crazy games that are so close and no way to predict what the hell is going to happen next (even more so that normal LOL)

Alrus

Huh, ok. Regardless, I don't know if I'd use that thing seeing what damage it will do to you. I could have killed it anytime and instead I just let it stay up and destroy her deck. Seemed like it was a bigger liability than a benefit but I think she misplayed by using it to trade for minions instead of going straight for the face.

I think the card is only playable if you can silence it right away, otherwise the drawbacks are just too insane.

Lost my first GvG arena game.... against a mage... with at least three frost bolts and two flame cannons.

Yeah ok.

Flame Cannon is some serious stuff.

Was at 8-2, had fatal and my game crashes. Log back in but it doesn't reconnect but doesn't show a loss either. Go in another match and win. Come out and it shows me as losing at 8-3 and doesn't take into account the additional match I won. Blizz, are you kidding me?

Also, did drop rates get nerfed or have I just been really unlucky lately?

Was at 8-2, had fatal and my game crashes. Log back in but it doesn't reconnect but doesn't show a loss either. Go in another match and win. Come out and it shows me as losing at 8-3 and doesn't take into account the additional match I won. Blizz, are you kidding me?

Also, did drop rates get nerfed or have I just been really unlucky lately?

Crashed again. Anyone else having problems? First time I've ever used the retire button. I'm not going to play another match just to be told my run already ended and I don't get anything from the additional win.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Someone deathwing'd me while they had 1hp.

I had harvest golem on board to save the day, or a mind control if he didn't concede. I still haven't gotten a single legendary in the drafts. And yeah, flame cannon seems crazy powerful...lost out on the early game trades so I played dark cultist and got nailed by that, really hard to not play into.

OMG a mage just got lorewalker cho from the pilot enemy. This game is gonna get stupid as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom