• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the card is only playable if you can silence it right away, otherwise the drawbacks are just too insane.

I'd play it in a Rogue mill deck and Shadowstep it off the board. Play Fel Reaver followed by a bunch of cheap ass spells, Shadowstep Fel Reaver back into your hand so that now it's cheaper and can't be used against you.

ZZMitch

I'd play it in a Rogue mill deck and Shadowstep it off the board. Play Fel Reaver followed by a bunch of cheap ass spells, Shadowstep Fel Reaver back into your hand so that now it's cheaper and can't be used against you.

You mean shadow step it on the same turn you play it? Wouldn't have any effect. Fel reaver doesn't discard your opponents cards when you play cards.

Mirimar

Just had someone
T2 - Raptor
T3 - Innervate into Druid of the Fang me in Arena...lol Was actually able to remove it all, but that's just a sick combo and pretty much lost me the match =( Fearing for other innervate combos like that in upcoming Ramp druid constructed.

zoukka

i would completely disagree that it's more challenging. it's just a different kind of challenge.

Yes it's different and yes it's harder. You need more skill in:

Deck making basics (which is a huge component already)
Improvising plays
Knowing the cards and detecting synergies while drafting

gutshot

Just had someone
T2 - Raptor
T3 - Innervate into Druid of the Fang me in Arena...lol Was actually able to remove it all, but that's just a sick combo and pretty much lost me the match =( Fearing for other innervate combos like that in upcoming Ramp druid constructed.

Yeah, I think Druid of the Fang is going to be crazy good in constructed and arena. It's basically a War Golem with "Battlecry: Summon a 2-mana Beast".

Mirimar

Amaz just got wrecked in the final boss battle by an Onyxia into Enhance-o Mechano combo. GG

Lol, where is the highlight for this? Enhance-o Mechano is so broken after it affects even 2 minions. You get value on 1 minion alone depending on what you get. And from what I've seen, if you hit 3 minions, at least 1 becomes windfuried. Any windfuried minions is pretty crazy, imo.

It's probably going to be played in a revamped token Druid with Violet Teacher into power of wild combos into Enhance-o-mechano.

He isnt even out yet but he is already screwing me over.

H5bhIRq.jpg

zoukka

I got 10 wins in arena and got rewarded with something (a card?) I skipped it on accident so I didn't see what it was...

Lol, where is the highlight for this? Enhance-o Mechano is so broken after it affects even 2 minions. You get value on 1 minion alone depending on what you get. And from what I've seen, if you hit 3 minions, at least 1 becomes windfuried. Any windfuried minions is pretty crazy, imo.

It's probably going to be played in a revamped token Druid with Violet Teacher into power of wild combos into Enhance-o-mechano.

Yeah I could see that kind of working in a token druid deck I guess.

You could have a shade up, violet teacher and the potw.

Next turn enhanceo and savage roar. If the shade gets hit it is likely at least 14 damage. The violet teacher brings 10 if windfuried, the apprentice brings 8.

So something like 18 to 34 damage. heh. Assuming the teacher gets windfury and non others, that is a solid 23 damage.

zoukka

Piloted Shredder is a common, just realized. Arena will be the clash of minions from this day forward... even more so than before.

Zeroth

So, I drafted a mage deck on arena today, and thought it was absolute shit. Like, I was fully expecting to go 0-3 due to the lack of big minions. Yet, I went 12-2 with it.

And the rewards:

The plays that saved me: Duplicates + Echo of Mawhatever = insane card value. Echo in particular allowed me to play Argus several times through the matches, despite only having one copy of it, and thus keep my momentum even if the opponent cleared the board. Flamecannon was also extremely useful to keep the board in check, and having so many Dark Iron Dwarfs allowed me to make favorable trades despite having mostly low mana minions.

Mirimar

I'm finishing up one of my old arena decks and there is a clear advantage of having GvG. I can't make the same plays I would normally have made prior to the update. Still 4 - 1 with hunter, but man, the games have been difficult going up against anyone with decent GvG cards. Thankfully, I'm still getting matches with other people who also have old Arena matches left. That's going to go away quickly, however.

JesseZao

Arena Power Play:

Turn 6 - Boulderfist Ogre
Opponent drops something
Turn 7 - Hit/kill somehting with Ogre, then Recombobulate it.

This will turn the tide strongly in your favor and probably assure your win.

Recombobulator is the new top-teir epic for Arenas. Especially if you get meaty 6-drops to use it with.

Edit: I'm also loving the Anodized Robo Cubs. I drafted 4 of them.

zoukka

Picked Foe Reaper 4000 and three whirling zap-o-matics. Excited!

Ok just a few matches and Piloted Shredder needs to be a rare... arena is just dumb now.

Ashodin

So, I drafted a mage deck on arena today, and thought it was absolute shit. Like, I was fully expecting to go 0-3 due to the lack of big minions. Yet, I went 12-2 with it.

And the rewards:

The plays that saved me: Duplicates + Echo of Mawhatever = insane card value. Echo in particular allowed me to play Argus several times through the matches, despite only having one copy of it, and thus keep my momentum even if the opponent cleared the board. Flamecannon was also extremely useful to keep the board in check, and having so many Dark Iron Dwarfs allowed me to make favorable trades despite having mostly low mana minions.
Echo of Medivh man

Arena Power Play:

Turn 6 - Boulderfist Ogre
Opponent drops something
Turn 7 - Hit/kill somehting with Ogre, then Recombobulate it.

This will turn the tide strongly in your favor and probably assure your win.

Recombobulator is the new top-teir epic for Arenas. Especially if you get meaty 6-drops to use it with.

Edit: I'm also loving the Anodized Robo Cubs. I drafted 4 of them.

Amaz thought the same thing until he got an Anima Golem. Pretty much lost him the game.

zoukka

My second arena game:

Turn one: coin + whirling zap-o-matic
Turn two: flametongue totem.

Opponent loses a Lightwell and a Cleric... GG.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Recombobulator is my favorite card in hearthstone now. Spawn a sea giant, smack a beefy minion, turn him into a deathwing.

br3wnor

So how many people who saved up gold for new packs are blowing through it to play Arena early?

Not that I had a ton saved up, but what a perfect move by Blizzard because there was no way I could hold off and now most of my gold is toast.

zoukka

So how many people who saved up gold for new packs are blowing through it to play Arena early?

Not that I had a ton saved up, but what a perfect move by Blizzard because there was no way I could hold off and now most of my gold is toast.

But I make gold by playing arena...

Zeroth

I actually made gold thanks to this. So, thanks Blizzard!

JesseZao

My gold has been climbing faster with gvg arenas, so I'm really glad to play with them already.

Edit: I think there's a conspiracy to have Cho spawn from Sneed's Shredder when you have spells in hand. I've seen it spawn Cho 3 times out of 5-6 times total since yesterday. Cost me my run :/.

zoukka

lol Recombobulated my Priestess of elune into Anima Golem.

On one note, this game now truly deserves the title of "RNGStone". So much random shit happening in every match.

Gotchaye

With the new cards, the individual random events seem less important, and there are lots of them so they tend to cancel out. The really consequential stuff has a pretty low chance of happening. Like, the range of possible outcomes from a piloted mech is not that big, excepting a very small number of outliers. So I mostly find it refreshing, so far - it adds uncertainty that players need to deal with without making the matches come down to luck.

I've seen very little of the really awful, game-changing randomness that Brawl, Ragnaros, and Sylvanas (or MCT in arena) consistently produce.

egruntz

shelaughz
All the random minions popping up in the game makes it more fun, and challenging IMO.

All the random minions popping up just makes it more random. I don't see a difference in challenge or fun. More chaotic? Yup. More fun? Not necessarily.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It has definitely been making for more memorable games so far on my end. Having a mage get lorewalker cho from a piloted mech, I could tell we both were just hoarding spells and barely playing anything. Game ended up going into fatigue due to how long he stayed on the board and slowed the game down, but I had to think a lot about when I wanted to actually kill him and I had to use the mage's flamestrike I got to do it, then play around it with my other minions.

I seem to keep losing games to legendaries now, though. I've seen more than one deathwing, a ysera I had no way of dealing with, etc. and I haven't played all that many matches. RNGesus is still not on my side with that as I never get legendaries in my drafts.

You mean shadow step it on the same turn you play it? Wouldn't have any effect. Fel reaver doesn't discard your opponents cards when you play cards.

Oh, I totally misread that card. I was thinking the discard applied to both players. Hmmm. I guess it could be used in Handlock with Shadowflame or Priest with a ton of silences. That misread changes everything I was thinking about the card.

Majine

Banned
All the random minions popping up just makes it more random. I don't see a difference in challenge or fun. More chaotic? Yup. More fun? Not necessarily.

Hearthstone at its core is about randomness setting up unpredictable situations. This is just further in that direction.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't know if Hearthstone is randomness at its core, but it certainly plays with randomness in a CCG more than nearly any other card game can. It just wouldn't work as a physical CCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom