• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, I just beat a 3 flamestrike mage with shaman... wtf lolol... that was a final boss but at the 7 win mark. So I guess a miniboss.

So fuck all those people saying flamestrike is OP in arena. :D
shit is still strong as fuck and dude had legendary card back so not some new player scrub

21 turns total wow... also I would have lost completely if I didn't have such great card draw at the start. I had a mana tide totem last for like 3-4 rounds.

To be fair, it was up against Smash4 and Bravely Default. Kind of surprising.

I haven't played smash4 but bravely default is pretty shitty formulaic and uninteresting. - scratch that, I never played bravely default, I got it mixed up with another game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.colopl.enslingshot&hl=en

Now that is one of the few actually good games on mobile. (not including handheld consoles in my rant btw)

edit Now that I realized what games were up against it, I am still not surprised cause its blizzard and this game is fantastic :D

inky

Went 9-3 after starting 1-2 with an absolutely garbage deck, and in the end got even more garbage rewards: 2 common cards, 160 gold, 1 pack. Seriously Blizzard, WTF.

Oh! got a free Ice Lance and a free Explosive Trap, why you shouldn't have, what am I going to do with all that dust... UGH.

Hmm, I think I should record some videos. My GPU is slightly too old for shadowplay so I guess I'll go with OBS or something.

You already had 2 great answers to alexstrasza, aldor peacekeeper and equality not to mention just using your board and consecrate. That warrior looks like he got wrecked.

Plus just a small, probably unnecessary but safe, piece of advice, after warrior uses alex you go ahead and use that healing touch as soon as you have the spare mana to do it.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Just finished a 12-2 arena run with mage. Star of the deck was enhance-o--mechano. I thought it was pretty meh originally but that run really elevated my opinion of him.

I had huge amounts of cheap removal (2 frost bolt, 3 flame cannon) so every game I was able to establish a board at some point and then mechano came down and just wrecked face.

flame cannon was also much more powerful than frost bolt over the course of the arena run.

I had huge amounts of cheap removal (2 frost bolt, 3 flame cannon) so every game I was able to establish a board at some point and then mechano came down and just wrecked face.

flame cannon was also much more powerful than frost bolt over the course of the arena run.

Aaaaaaannnnd this is why I'm not going to bother much with arena.

Raxus

Wow this was a ranked match.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_1262014030358_zpsae9eeed3.png

Webspinner OP. Blizz pls nerf.

Brofist

I don't know about Kripp, but Hornpub is particularly famous on Forsen's stream for a while now. There are references to him in some forsen cancer songs plus he has singed a few plug.dj hits to the stream.

At this point, I think HS streamers need either a community around them to keep them floating (Forsen, Kripp, Trump) or be particularly famous or skillful (Kolento, Sjow). It's interesting to see Amaz trying to push this for Firebat, who despite being the Blizzcon champion, is still not that hot in the stream scene (given he started just recently).

Kripp's mod is Leifman, who is famous as mods go in the Twitch scene as well. A lot of the chat in his stream often is about Leifman.

Minsc

Gold Member
I haven't played smash4 but bravely default is pretty shitty formulaic and uninteresting. - scratch that, I never played bravely default, I got it mixed up with another game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.colopl.enslingshot&hl=en

Now that is one of the few actually good games on mobile. (not including handheld consoles in my rant btw)

edit Now that I realized what games were up against it, I am still not surprised cause its blizzard and this game is fantastic :D

Have you played 80 days? It's gotten quite a few rave reviews / GOTY caliber comments from people here.

Anyway, really just posting to mention the mobile trash talking is quite off-topic and inappropiate here, besides which to say there are quite a few good games on mobile is actually an understatement. Even if 99% are "trash" that still leaves like 3,000+ great games, which is a huge number of games on any platform.

zoukka

Man some observations from the GvG cards:

Whirling zap-o-matic is the new King of Arena. Pick this card very highly and prepare to win games with a common 2-drop.

Ogres are bad and should be avoided. Ogre Ninja being the exception.

Antique Repair Bot is very strong.

Micro Machine is not as bad as it looks.

Curving out is the most important thing as it was before, but with even higher importance. The minions are so strong now that boards snowball out of control fast.

zoukka

lol I got Nat Pagle and Patient Assassin from my two Piloted Shredders in arena. This is just dumb gameplay.

EDIT: Also Powermace is the new most broken card ever...

Rapstah

It's the funniest when you get a card with benefits or penalties for both players out of a Shredder. I got Lorewalker Cho once and it messed both me and the other guy up.

Xanathus

Man arena is so much easier with all these noobs, I'm getting 7-0 with a mediocre deck.

edit: LMAO I drafted Leeroy, and got a Black Knight from Unstable Portal. I later played both of them on the board and used Echo of Medivh which meant I had 4 legendaries in that game.

First time drafting Arena with a proper tier list. Went from an all-time record of 3 wins to 8 wins. First time making all my gold from a ticket back, very pleased.

"I can't believe it, the system works."

Xanathus

So, it turns out that Fel Reaver is good in arena vs players that actually let it survive and it hits face and think they can outsurvive it *cough* Amaz *cough*

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Not even close. The 50% chance to miss is a bigger handicap that people realise. We now have a big load of great new 3 and 2-drops so there's always something better than the ogre most likely.

Ogres are strong because their drawback only applies whenever they are attacking. You don't necessarily want to leave one on the board so when your opponent is trying to clear they may have to devote above-average resources to clear it, or they'll take more damage doing so. If your opponent has their own 4/4 on the board like DID or Azure Drake, they couldn't do a favorable trade like if you had a spider tank instead. And the drawback is a whole lot better than something like Dancing Swords.

Basically, the drawback is only hugely significant whenever both sides have 2+ minons and the handicap prevents you from making the favorable trade you need.

So, it turns out that Fel Reaver is good in arena vs players that actually let it survive and it hits face and think they can outsurvive it *cough* Amaz *cough*

Yeah I think Arena is where Fel Reaver is going to truly shine. In constructed it's too slow for aggro decks and the drawback is too huge for control decks where fatigue is actually a concern. Arena rarely goes into fatigue. It's kinda like Venture Co Merc, except potentially even better because the drawback doesn't ruin your tempo. Just as disastrous if it's forced to follow the rules, though.

Dreavus

if you manage to hold on to any kind of board position, Echo of Medivh is pretty ridiculous. If you can get it off at least 2 minions, it's solid. 3+ is bananas. My arena deck has one currently and it puts you so far ahead on cards.

Gotchaye

Yeah I think Arena is where Fel Reaver is going to truly shine. In constructed it's too slow for aggro decks and the drawback is too huge for control decks where fatigue is actually a concern. Arena rarely goes into fatigue. It's kinda like Venture Co Merc, except potentially even better because the drawback doesn't ruin your tempo. Just as disastrous if it's forced to follow the rules, though.

I don't know. Yeah, Arena rarely goes into fatigue, but you get there a lot more often if you're playing a Fel Reaver. Most decks that want to get to turn 10 can get to turn 10, and you can be in fatigue by then if you've had a Fel Reaver on the board for two turns.

I drafted one in a fast Priest deck, and it worked, but it worked because people didn't respond well to it - I think they thought that its discard mechanic would cause tons of fatigue damage if I had no deck left, which it doesn't, but I did end up in fatigue in most of the games I played it. You have to do a lot of maneuvering to play it in a good spot, because you need to know that your opponent can't just dump three cards including removal as soon as you play it. So you've got to get the coin out, you've got to bait out a polymorph or a hex, and you really want the other guy to only have a few cards in his hand. You need to already have board control because taunts are disastrous; you almost always want the Fel Reaver to be going face.

And you pretty much need to do this on turn 5. Drawing Fel Reaver late doesn't work - the three mana you save means a lot less and you're a lot closer to fatigue, plus the other guy has more mana to play cards.

I think overall I prefer Venture Co. It's much easier to play on turn 5 without worrying about it backfiring horribly, and it's nearly as strong of a late-game top-deck. The worst-case scenario of your opponent having the ability to freeze it or put up a really sticky taunt is a lot less bad.

Have you played 80 days? It's gotten quite a few rave reviews / GOTY caliber comments from people here.

Anyway, really just posting to mention the mobile trash talking is quite off-topic and inappropiate here, besides which to say there are quite a few good games on mobile is actually an understatement. Even if 99% are "trash" that still leaves like 3,000+ great games, which is a huge number of games on any platform.

You're right, my bad. I got a lil carried away.

I haven't played 80 days, I'll check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom