• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

hearthstone_screenshozqdzw.png

lol

Haunted

The comeback cards are real.

Empty hand -> Neptulon -> Attack and play some Murlocs -> Time Rewinder on Neptulon

ayy

Haunted

Looking at the Trump videos of his first GvsG arena runs, he's also one of those people who provided free wins for others. :lol

Haunted

Unstable Portal is such a bullshit card. Handed out legenadries like crazy. Absolutely disgusting.
Played it in three different games, absolutely worth it every time.

Got a free turn 2 Ogre Brute, that 2 mana mech that makes playing other mechs cheaper and a 6 mana Cenarius.

Mirimar

Does anyone have a semi-decent warrior deck that isn't typical control and actually works well on ladder? Trying control warrior missing any of the legendary components seems almost pointless. Tried it and got owned like 4 games in a row, lol. Just can't win with warrior =/ Hardest class for me to build a deck around. Don't have Grommash, Ysera, Alexstraza...missing 1 shield slam and a couple of other cards

Leezard

Does anyone have a semi-decent warrior deck that isn't typical control and actually works well on ladder? Trying control warrior missing any of the legendary components seems almost pointless. Tried it and got owned like 4 games in a row, lol. Just can't win with warrior =/ Hardest class for me to build a deck around. Don't have Grommash, Ysera, Alexstraza...missing 1 shield slam and a couple of other cards

try the "math warrior" deck. its on hearthpwn

Leezard

Eh...Not sure what good replacements for Grommash and Black Knight would be and burst damage seems key...lol would be hilarious to stick Fugen and Stalagg in there for shits and giggles..
Ah, I forgot it had grom. It might be difficult then.

Mirimar

And to those that said scrubs are playing Arena..must've gotten seriously lucky. I wasted my free arena and another arena going 1-3 1-3 with Rogue and Shaman with really well curved decks..but I ran into stupid good decks..

And to those that said scrubs are playing Arena..must've gotten seriously lucky. I wasted my free arena and another arena going 1-3 1-3 with Rogue and Shaman with really well curved decks..but I ran into stupid good decks..

I think Hearthstone is trolling. Went 9-3 on the Arena before the free one, 1-3 with the free one, and currently 4-0 after that beating. :x

manhack

Unstable Portal is such a bullshit card. Handed out legenadries like crazy. Absolutely disgusting.

Not sure it is a bad thing, but I swear these "Random" minion cards are giving out a higher percentage of legendaries and epic cards than not. Webspinner, Piloted Shredders, and unstable portals are out of control.

Maybe they are doing this on purpose?

So have warlocks forgotten how to play against mage in constructed? Played against two warlocks who merrily tapped their way past 15 despite holding the board, which ended up in their loss because of fireballs.

Won

Not sure it is a bad thing, but I swear these "Random" minion cards are giving out a higher percentage of legendaries and epic cards than not. Webspinner, Piloted Shredders, and unstable portals are out of control.

Maybe they are doing this on purpose?

I assume rarity just doesn't matter. And since this game has an awful lot of legendary minions, but not legendary spells things look kinda crazy.

Webspinner especially got it's pool expanded by only 4 cards, but 2 of them are legs. You gonna feel that.

egruntz

shelaughz
Opened 60 packs.

Alexstraasa
"Turn Random Minion into 1/1 or 5/5 Beast" Legendary
Golden Prophet Velen
Cairne Boodhoof or w/e

And 2 Faceless Manipulators

Got a lot of other epics and rares too. Seemed to be a really good haul.
I got $150 just sitting in my PayPal account. Really tempted to just buy $150 worth of packs lmao...

Anyway was that a good haul?

gutshot

Pretty good, yeah. Alex and Cairne both see play in constructed. The other two don't, but you could dust the golden Velen and pick another legendary that does. Although you may wanna wait until GvG releases and see how the meta changes.

Opened 60 packs.

Alexstraasa
"Turn Random Minion into 1/1 or 5/5 Beast" Legendary
Golden Prophet Velen
Cairne Boodhoof or w/e

And 2 Faceless Manipulators

Got a lot of other epics and rares too. Seemed to be a really good haul.
I got $150 just sitting in my PayPal account. Really tempted to just buy $150 worth of packs lmao...

Anyway was that a good haul?

Why not wait for gvg packs? :p

Those are all pretty good imo, even velen. Tinkmaster is pretty niche though.

For a 60 pack that is actually above average. Pretty good imo. Even 1 gold legendary is good for a 60 pack I think, let alone 3 other legendary cards. You can probably safely dust tinkmaster, but I wouldn't dust the others...

edit:
Speaking of priest + velen, they did get another spell that can be used for damage and healing.

Light of the naaru, 1 mana, heal yourself for 8. That is a pretty big deal imo. You get a 7/7 body and you heal yourself for 8 of light of naaru, then you get a lightwarden, and then you hero power for an additional four health. All supposing 10 mana of course.

Another thing is with auchenai + velen (situational but still feasible), you can deal 8 damage for 1 mana. You still get the lightwarden (assuming the target, which can be face, survives). And mind blast for 10. 18 damage burst is pretty good if you can set that up.

Pretty good, yeah. Alex and Cairne both see play in constructed. The other two don't, but you could dust the golden Velen and pick another legendary that does. Although you may wanna wait until GvG releases and see how the meta changes.

Velen actually has seen play in constructed. Actually several times throughout HS's short history. Even at top levels. Amaz has had several velen decks popularized in the past.

Kettch

I think Madder Bomber's are bugged against me. The other day it hit me 6 times in the face with 3 targets. The next one that got played today hit me 6 times in the face with 4 targets. That's 1 out of 4096 on today's. Not that I'm complaining this time, since the two minions were mine and it was the only 6 damage he dealt to me the entire game. But weird.

egruntz

shelaughz

For a 60 pack that is actually above average. Pretty good imo. Even 1 gold legendary is good for a 60 pack I think, let alone 3 other legendary cards. You can probably safely dust tinkmaster, but I wouldn't dust the others...

edit:
Speaking of priest + velen, they did get another spell that can be used for damage and healing.

Light of the naaru, 1 mana, heal yourself for 8. That is a pretty big deal imo. You get a 7/7 body and you heal yourself for 8 of light of naaru, then you get a lightwarden, and then you hero power for an additional four health. All supposing 10 mana of course.

Another thing is with auchenai + velen (situational but still feasible), you can deal 8 damage for 1 mana. You still get the lightwarden (assuming the target, which can be face, survives). And mind blast for 10. 18 damage burst is pretty good if you can set that up.

Velen actually has seen play in constructed. Actually several times throughout HS's short history. Even at top levels. Amaz has had several velen decks popularized in the past.

Thank you for this post! I didn't wait for GvG because I've never bought a bunch of packs in the past and this weekend I just wanted to splurge a little. I ended up buying 40 more and then stopping. I got Sylvannas, Harrison, and Nat Pagel as well. I will definitely keep Velen due to what you've said. Turn 9, if Malagos can survive till turn 10, I'll play Velen + mind blast + smite = dead, right? lmao

Thank you for this post! I didn't wait for GvG because I've never bought a bunch of packs in the past and this weekend I just wanted to splurge a little. I ended up buying 40 more and then stopping. I got Sylvannas, Harrison, and Nat Pagel as well. I will definitely keep Velen due to what you've said. Turn 9, if Malagos can survive till turn 10, I'll play Velen + mind blast + smite = dead, right? lmao

If velen turns out to be a dud, you can always dust him later when you need the dust for something you want to make.

Nat pagle can probably go. Sylvanas and harrison are still gonna be very useful legendary cards in gvg.

gutshot

edit:

Ah ok. Haven't been around long enough to see Velen a part of the meta, I guess.

BTW, Auchenai+Light of the Naaru always gives you a Lightwarden, even if the target dies. 0 or negative health still counts as damaged.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
BTW, Auchenai+Light of the Naaru always gives you a Lightwarden, even if the target dies. 0 or negative health still counts as damaged.

That's pretty cool, even though you can't really buff the lightwarden when you have an auchenai on the board.

I don't doubt hobgoblin's strength, but it might be too all in on a single card.

But the cards that are in the game have some nice synergy. You're gonna be spamming small minions so jeeves fits, and he is also a 1/4.

I just got 3 hits in with a core hound... card is OP!

Also funny was the other priest (priest vs priest) had a burly rockjaw trogg. I used the freeze spare part on him. Then next turn I used shield on the core hound, and cast like 2 other spells, the dude was up to 8/7 because he buffed him with that 6/6 +3hp bc minion, and then I slammed a silence on him as planned all along!

I don't doubt hobgoblin's strength, but it might be too all in on a single card.

But the cards that are in the game have some nice synergy. You're gonna be spamming small minions so jeeves fits, and he is also a 1/4.

I think Hobgoblin would be great in Deathrattle Zoo. Voidwalker becomes a Shieldmasta, Undertaker starts off as a 3/4 with the ability to grow further, and Haunted Creeper is a 3/4 that drops two 1/1s (do they get buffed by the Hobgoblin? I haven't played with that card yet.). Other cards that could be worked into a Zoo deck with Hobgoblin: Annoyotron becomes a 3/4 with taunt and divine shield, Young Dragonhawk becomes a 3/3 with windfury, Gnomeregan Infantry becomes a Fen Creeper with charge, Flying Machine becomes a 3/6 with windfury, Micro Machine becomes a 3/4 that gets better attack every turn, Echoing Ooze becomes 2 3/4s, etc. I think he's worthy of building a Zoo deck around. If you keep the Zoo staples like Abusive Sargent, Shattered Sun Cleric, and Dark Iron Dwarf to buff their attack up to make better trades, then the fact that they start off with 1 attack without the Hobgoblin buff isn't that big of a deal.

I think Hobgoblin would be great in Deathrattle Zoo. Voidwalker becomes a Shieldmasta, Undertaker starts off as a 3/4 with the ability to grow further, and Haunted Creeper is a 3/4 that drops two 1/1s (do they get buffed by the Hobgoblin? I haven't played with that card yet.). Other cards that could be worked into a Zoo deck with Hobgoblin: Annoyotron becomes a 3/4 with taunt and divine shield, Young Dragonhawk becomes a 3/3 with windfury, Gnomeregan Infantry becomes a Fen Creeper with charge, Flying Machine becomes a 3/6 with windfury, Micro Machine becomes a 3/4 that gets better attack every turn, Echoing Ooze becomes 2 3/4s, etc. I think he's worthy of building a Zoo deck around. If you keep the Zoo staples like Abusive Sargent, Shattered Sun Cleric, and Dark Iron Dwarf to buff their attack up to make better trades, then the fact that they start off with 1 attack without the Hobgoblin buff isn't that big of a deal.

It should be giving the buff to the 1 attack minion since it says "give it" as opposed to "gain".

The problem is that when you don't draw hobgoblin you're stuck with a lot of minions that can't trade or put a lot of pressure out by themselves.

johnsmith

remember me
Voidwalker, Undertaker, Haunted Creeper, Argent Squire all got played in zoo without Hobgoblin ever existing, they'd still fine to play even if you don't have a Hobgoblin on the board.

Voidwalker, Undertaker, Haunted Creeper, Argent Squire all got played in zoo without Hobgoblin ever existing, they'd still fine to play even if you don't have a Hobgoblin on the board.

Well hobgoblin itself is just a 2/3. It isn't sticky so it is extra vulnerable to AOE. I don't think it is an auto-slot in tbh, but I'm sure people are gonna experiment. I guess cutting harvest golem is a potential but that does make your board less sticky and less deathrattles for undertaker.

If hobgoblin does become popular, I can imagine people planning their mulligan to counter that strategy before it can take off.

Speaking of Deathrattles, I had a paladin run with a Scarlet Purifier and man did it work wonders for me at times. Was also a perfect target for Argent Protector and trading too. I got it with a Nerubian Egg and in at least one match I was able to pop it with the Purifier and get a 4/4 and 4/3 on the board on turn 3.

I had an arena match today where my opponent was top decking. He gets an equality while he has enough 1/1s on board to kill most o my minions. That epic shredder pilot drops as a jeeves... lol crazy luck for him. I barely managed to win it.

edit^

Speaking of Deathrattles, I had a paladin run with a Scarlet Purifier and man did it work wonders for me at times. Was also a perfect target for Argent Protector and trading too. I got it with a Nerubian Egg and in at least one match I was able to pop it with the Purifier and get a 4/4 and 4/3 on the board on turn 3.

Speaking of purifier... damn thing is making already bad cards worse... lol. dancing swords got purified so much it seemed like.

ViviOggi

I agree that it can work but you definitely wouldn't run otherwise ass cards like Dragonhawk, Gnom Infantry or Flying Machine. Zoo is too good at building a sturdy board to turn it into a Shockadin-style all-in deck. But like john said might still be worthwile with old staples alone like Creeper etc.

Dreavus

Whoa, I'm in the exact same boat, down to being one shield slam short like you are. Trying to play Warrior without those cards is very frustrating. I tend to bumble through the early game, get my berserkers killed, and then just... nothing. I'll admit I own and have been using a Ragnaros as a replacement (that's more than some people can say), but he more often then now gets dealt with instantly and is not enough on his own. Kel'Thuzad can get some lucky wins if I happen to have the board control to make the best use of him, but he's nothing compared to a burst Grommash or an Alexstraza to get them down after doing effectively nothing all game.

Took me way to long to get those 5 quest wins yesterday. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom