• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

He meant in the draft...

And yes I got a new legendary as well in the free arena run. Might be rigged!
ah lol

Maybe they adjusted the epic/legendary appearance rate now that there are more Epics and Legendaries in the game proportionally compared to the classic card set, kinda makes sense. :D

zoukka

ah lol

Maybe they adjusted the epic/legendary appearance rate now that there are more Epics and Legendaries in the game proportionally compared to the classic card set, kinda makes sense. :D

Nah haven't seen another epic of legendary in my succeeding drafts. The first one was stacked!

WTF YOU CAN TURN THE GAME INTO 60FPS FROM THE MENU WHY HAVE NOBODY TOLD ME THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks so fucking goooooood!

ViviOggi

I saw a lot of legendaries in arena as well, got two myself (Leeroy and Honker being the only not competely unplayable choices, regardless neither got value in a single game) and I'll say it again, I've observed spikes in legendary occurence many times in the past. I'm almost convinced Blizzard tinkers with the rates regularly for some reason. Maybe to make legendaries pop up reasonably often while keeping a somewhat level playing field by giving everyone a higher chance to draft one.

I saw a lot of legendaries in arena as well, got two myself (Leeroy and Honker being the only not competely unplayable choices, regardless neither got value in a single game) and I'll say it again, I've bserved spikes in legendary occurence many times in the past. I'm almost convinced Blizzard tinkers with the rates regularly for some reason. Maybe to make legendaries pop up reasonably often while keeping a somewhat level playing field by giving everyone a higher chance to draft one.

It's very probable. I just played against someone who played two himself.

It kinda takes away from the randomness of it all as it felt really amazing to get even one legendary before. It should make games more fun though.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Arena being rush or control has always had to do with how many wins you are at. Rush decks can often net you ~4-6 wins really easily but can't go all the way. So in the 0-4 wins territory you see a lot of face damage rushing. And then as you transition into 7+ the games slow down. The hardest part of reaching 12 wins in arena is you need a deck that survive the early noob rush but still hold value against the slow decks near the end.

Won

Only got to choose a legendary once in arena during the last few days.

But I got 3 legendaries out of Unstable Portal, so there is that.

Gotchaye

It says pretty explicitly that the free arena run is for previewing gvg only so of course it ends Tuesday.

Maybe, if you haven't actually entered the Arena, although they also may have just given every account a free Arena run like they do for the first one you play, and it may be more trouble than it's worth to try to undo that.

But if you've already entered the Arena - if you're past the point where it would ordinarily ask you to pay money or pay gold - then it's really hard to imagine that they'd even have a system in place that could cancel the entry and make you pay.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It says pretty explicitly that the free arena run is for previewing gvg only so of course it ends Tuesday.

The ability to grab the ticket might end, but they're not going to yank your draft. Once you redeem the ticket than the run should be yours. They shouldn't be like "whoops, you didn't finish your arena games, tough shit, can't finish your games now."

I don't even think I've had this many legendaries in my hand in constructed...

yn787oy.jpg

Duplicates going to town on Archmage. :D

The ability to grab the ticket might end, but they're not going to yank your draft. Once you redeem the ticket than the run should be yours. They shouldn't be like "whoops, you didn't finish your arena games, tough shit, can't finish your games now."

Oh yeah totally. Sorry I misunderstood

I think I might have to try making a spare parts/manipulate focused priest control deck.

The synergy between cards like reversing switch, shrinkmeister, and crazed alchemist acts like removal on 2 attack minions since they'll die once you switch their health to 0.

I'll probably take a look at how someone like amaz has done it in the past.

ViviOggi

Re: the talk about curve importance in GvG arena, I second the thread's impressions. Currently 7-1 with this trashcan zerg deck, most minions aren't even particularly high value. All it has going for it is card draw and a very high chance for a playable starting hand. On the other hand decks with a conservative, slightly higher curve but vastly more valuable minions, decks that would have looked really good pre-GvG, got massacred by flooders.

inky

I've been watching Kripp's last night archive on my second monitor. One run he chose mage and drafted an Unstable Portal. First use: gets Mal'ganis, Second use: gets Deathwing.

Jesus, this game.

ViviOggi

Add me fellow Europeans, spectating GAFfer games is surprisingly enjoyable. Shoutout to caesar for making arena stomps a little more bearable

ViviOggi#2280

Might still get zerged...

And 12-0 is so rare in arena that I don't even aim at it anymore. Too much RNG.

And lost my first game already. Sea Giant into shadowflame GG arena GG.

0-3 incoming.
BibleThump

egruntz

shelaughz
Really not feeling that nerf to Soulfire. Zoolocks as fucking impossible as ever. FOR FUCKS SAKES why haven't they done something about this.

Gotchaye

Really not feeling that nerf to Soulfire. Zoolocks as fucking impossible as ever. FOR FUCKS SAKES why haven't they done something about this.

I mean, presumably they were balancing with an eye towards what the GvG cards bring to the table, rather than for this one last week before GvG hits. Maybe Zoo will still be bullshit, but it feels weird to complain now that changing a few mana costs wasn't enough to fix the problem.

Really late to the party, but Rusty Horn is amazing with Black Knight. It's also nice as a for mentioned taking out a vulnerable minion behind a taunt.

That's been there since at least Friday.

It won't be midnight, they said it'd be during the day. I still expect the whole thing to crash.

Hearthstone: Break The Internet

egruntz

shelaughz
I mean, presumably they were balancing with an eye towards what the GvG cards bring to the table, rather than for this one last week before GvG hits. Maybe Zoo will still be bullshit, but it feels weird to complain now that changing a few mana costs wasn't enough to fix the problem.

Except we've got Hobgoblin and a load of annoying 1 mana cost minions for Zoolock to utilize now.

ViviOggi

That's been there since at least Friday.

It won't be midnight, they said it'd be during the day. I still expect the whole thing to crash.

Hearthstone: Break The Internet

rage.gif

It showed up for me for the first time after a restart, asked around my friends list and nobody sees it either. Weird.

I expect the launch to be relatively smooth, at least better than Naxx which wasn't too horrible in the first place. Most files are in everyone's client already after all.

Zeroth

The way Silverhand Recruits fly into the board as you play Muster for Battle is hilarious. Wish it did the Welp sound too

manhack

Awesome finish to my last game:

I have a fiery war axe and face a mage with a full board but only 4 HP. My cards are spiteful smith and bouncing blades(?).

i drop smith and blades bounce around enraging my smith and giving my war axe 5 damage.

"sorry that happened"

I'm confused as to why the G&G shaman legendary and epic cards focus on murlocs. I feel like that unfairly narrows the options for shaman.

I actually feel like it opens options for shamans because now they can run a heavy murloc synergy deck and it doesn't have to be aggro. Could be midrange I think.

You don't need to run neptulon in shaman.

I think the "standard" shaman is going to be a midrange-ish control deck. One that utilizes cards like the vitality totem or antique healbot to either set up for a burst finish or even a control style playing large minions and getting a lot of value out of their ability to swing board states with low mana removal and playing hard to remove minions with deathrattles or high hp.

Granted, neptulon actually can fit in a non-murloc control deck, after all it gives 4 minions to drop which could be helpful in a long match going near fatigue. It is a card that effectively adds 4 cards to your deck, like thoughtsteal with a minion instead of a spell that cycles itself. Heck, maybe we'll see a fatigue shaman using vitality totem and healbot + every other high value card at their disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom