• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

How can a hunter get a Malorne in the ladder from web spinner? I know it is a beast but having cards from the expansion available in that way seems unbalanced.

I started playing this again and probably stopped again. The new cards seem like they could add something but i still feel the game is ridiculously balanced and a lot of the new cards only add another layer of randomness which i think this game could do without anymore of. I guess the free to play element is still what irks me most.

Presumably the game doesn't make a distinction between arena and constructed when you are actually playing the cards. So to unlock the GvG beasts for Webspinner in arena means they also can be pulled in constructed as well.

zoukka

0-2 and i am facing decks like mine. Arena is fucking nuts today. My opponent had a rag himself :D Then I faceless'd it. Then he had TIRION WTF! 0-2 TIRION RAG AND I HAVE RAG HOGGER!

Now I'm about to go 0-3 :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

zoukka

0-3

With this deck:

6lvz0PJ.jpg

SkillStone.

FeD.nL

Mal'ganis is the real deal. Got him very early on as a pick and as a result drafted him in a deck without any demons. Still he won me the game, that tapping without paying the hp.. so good.

Zeroth

And in a weird twist of events, I went 10-3 with a Paladin deck that I was sure I wouldn't get higher than 5. Muster for Battle really opens up for some interesting plays.

And in a weird twist of events, I went 10-3 with a Paladin deck that I was sure I wouldn't get higher than 5. Muster for Battle really opens up for some interesting plays.
Muster For Battle is ridiculous
It's like instant board presence, albeit weak board

gutshot

0-3

With this deck:

SkillStone.

The arena meta is super aggro right now, due to the majority of the best GvG cards being 2, 3, and 4 drops. Successful arena decks right now are basically a shitload of 2s and 3s, a decent number of 4s and like 5-6 5+ drops.

zoukka

The arena meta is super aggro right now, due to the majority of the best GvG cards being 2, 3, and 4 drops. Successful arena decks right now are basically a shitload of 2s and 3s, a decent number of 4s and like 5-6 5+ drops.

The funny thing was, I never missed a beat. The opponents just had perfect answers and blowouts in every game.

Mirimar

The funny thing was, I never missed a beat. The opponents just had perfect answers and blowouts in every game.

That's what happened in both my 1-3, 1-3 runs of GvG arena. I think we just got really unlucky. I watch streamers play and they run into some of the worst players I've ever seen. Both Forsen and Tides ran into Dennis players a couple of times in their multiple runs.

FStop7

Banned
Madder Bomber is a piece of shit.

There is way, way too much RNG in these new cards.

Unstable Portal is going to be a nightmare, too.

Dreavus

Tempted to pick up a bunch of packs when I get home. I've never really gotten deep into constructed, but it would be fun to make some new decks. I do have about 1400 saved up, but I think I'd rather save that for Arena entry. Tough choices lie ahead...

egruntz

shelaughz
Tempted to pick up a bunch of packs when I get home. I've never really gotten deep into constructed, but it would be fun to make some new decks. I do have about 1400 saved up, but I think I'd rather save that for Arena entry. Tough choices lie ahead...

Arena entry. You get 1 guaranteed pack per run.
3 wins and you likely make back that 50 gold extra.
More wins and you likely make more gold.

gutshot

While we wait, been playing around with deck ideas, and here is one I want to try. I call it "Sticky" because pretty much every minion in the deck spawns more minion(s) when it dies.

0ggkrlLl.png

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...56:2;12176:1;12187:1;12191:2;12216:1;12238:2;

I chose hunter because not only do they have probably the best "sticky" minion in the game (Highmane) but Feign Death seems to synergize pretty well with the theme of the deck. Basically, get as many minions on the board as you can then drop a Feign Death + Enhance-o Mechano to completely overwhelm the opponent. (If you can have a Knife Juggler on the board at the time, even better.)

My early game should be quite strong with the still-OP Undertaker and all my Deathrattles buffing him up. Mid-game I'm looking for the FD+Enhance-O combo. In the meantime, Multi-Shot, Hunter's Mark and Bow can help me make favorable trades with my smaller minions. Jeeves will hopefully help me keep my hand and board full. Belchers, Highmanes and Sneed's give me stuff to play in the late game, while I continue to hero power them down.

Strengths of the deck are obviously how hard it will be to clear the board against. It's practically AoE proof. Weakness is a lack of burst damage, but I'm counting on my hero power to help there. Thoughts? Suggestions?

ViviOggi

I kill Alex and a 6/2 without taking damage (we're both Warlocks at around 10 HP) just to have my 6/7 taunt killed by a Black Knight. In arena. Are you fucking shitting me?

JesseZao

Added a bunch of people. The b.net client doesn't even show that Hearthstone in under maintenance, it just freezes on the initial splash.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Strengths of the deck are obviously how hard it will be to clear the board against. It's practically AoE proof. Weakness is a lack of burst damage, but I'm counting on my hero power to help there. Thoughts? Suggestions?

2x Knife Juggler doesn't fit. You don't have UTH so the only good synergy is snake trap and maybe haunted creeper. If you want to stick to the theme and improve feign death/undertaker, use nerubian eggs instead.

You have double mad scientist but only 2 traps. Seems weak, you could easily run out of traps for your second scientist. I'd add a freezing trap. I might take out one of the feign deaths to do.

Your only card draw is 1x Jeeves. That's very weak. If you dont draw him you probably lose. Without draw you are going to run out of cards. I don't know if you should run the enhanco instead of a second Jeeves.

Also I really don't see how multishot or deadly shot fit into your deck. At all.

madder bomber is one of the most fun cards i've used in arena. can't see him making the cut in a constructed deck, though. bomb lobber, probably.

inky

madder bomber is one of the most fun cards i've used in arena. can't see him making the cut in a constructed deck, though. bomb lobber, probably.

I've had it played 3 times against me and the 3 times it has worked ridiculously well, killing at least one minion, once it killed 3 =/

gutshot

2x Knife Juggler doesn't fit. You don't have UTH so the only good synergy is snake trap and maybe haunted creeper. If you want to stick to the theme and improve feign death/undertaker, use nerubian eggs instead.

You have double mad scientist but only 2 traps. Seems weak, you could easily run out of traps for your second scientist. I'd add a freezing trap. I might take out one of the feign deaths to do.

Your only card draw is 1x Jeeves. That's very weak. If you dont draw him you probably lose. Without draw you are going to run out of cards. I don't know if you should run the enhanco instead of a second Jeeves.

Also I really don't see how multishot or deadly shot fit into your deck. At all.

Well, Knife Juggler should proc every time something dies and spawns something else, right? That's pretty much everything I have with the exception of UT and Mad Scientist. I didn't want eggs since outside of FD, I have no activators.

Yeah, 2x Mad Scientist might be overkill with only 2 traps. Might just run one. Maybe replace with another Jeeves.

Multishot either clears the board for me outright, or allows me to make favorable trades with my tokens. Deadly Shot is the 'oh shit, that's a fatty' card, although I guess Hunter's Mark works fine for that as well. Might remove that one for another Enhance-o or something. We'll see. Obviously, gonna need to do a lot of play testing.

Thanks for the thoughts!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Thanks for the thoughts!

If you aren't going to put in Nerubian eggs than 2x Feign Death is probably overextending. You need the result to be worth 3 or more mana for the slot to be worth it and only highmane and Sneed's ole shredder do that for you individually. I tend to follow a rule of threes when it comes to synergy cards like that, you need 3 activators or more for each synergy dependent card in your deck. So I think you're overextening unless you think you can pull off a double deathrattle consistently enough on anything else. And three card combos can be pretty tricky.

I've had it played 3 times against me and the 3 times it has worked ridiculously well, killing at least one minion, once it killed 3 =/

i drafted one with a gurubashi and it worked out pretty great the 2 times i got to play it. my opponents had to be so mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom