• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

br3wnor

First 3 packs
UKlTZh2.png

Zi9yYIT.png

aFGFzWw.png

Gold shieldmaiden is a pretty nice start

gutshot

no way... where are mah pics

But grats man!

Was so excited forgot to screencap!

My other packs were decent too. Got 2 golden rares (Cobalt Guardian and Recycle) plus a Mini-mage (aka more dust).

I opened 7 btw, the 3 free ones and bought 4 with gold.

FStop7

Banned
In the meantime:

http://www.pcgamer.com/reynad-picks-the-10-most-op-new-hearthstone-cards/

"Reynad picks the 10 most OP new Hearthstone cards"

edit:
list - but it is a short article worth reading for the reasoning
10. shieldmaiden
9. Mal'ganis
8. tinkertown technician
7. darkbomb (thought this card had potential)
6. crackle
5. bomb lobber
4. vol'jin
3. muster for battle
2. fel reaver
1. unstable portal

Reynad, Kolento, and Frodan did a stream sort of talk show about some of these cards. They seemed to be in general agreement that UP was very flawed.

Mirimar

I thought I saw clarification that the summoned guy does not get buffed. Meaning it doesn't operate like violet teacher, meaning maybe it doesn't get hit by AoE? But really I have no idea. Just have to test him.

I'd imagine it would get hit, but I think you're right about not gaining the buff because it will have been summoned after it was technically casted.

So, not too bad if a flamestrike ends up hitting both Troggzor and the summon.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I'd imagine it would get hit, but I think you're right about not gaining the buff because it will have been summoned after it was technically casted.

So, not too bad if a flamestrike ends up hitting both Troggzor and the summon.
And really there isn't much big AoE in constructed. Like if this guy gets equality consecrated he still doesn't get cleared.

But I'm not sure if equality consecrate would end with a 3/3 or a 5/3 + 3/5

Mirimar

And really there isn't much big AoE in constructed. Like if this guy gets equality consecrated he still doesn't get cleared.

But I'm not sure if equality consecrate would end with a 3/3 or a 5/3 + 3/5

Well, it would definitely clear Troggzor, but yea, the big question is whether or not the summoned burly rockjaw will also get hit by the Equality.

If Troggzor goes by the same mechanics as the Burly Rockjaw, I think the summon will get hit..but it still is a very big question.

Mirimar

Now, GroveTender, the mana crystal you receive is only temporary, correct? It's an additional mana crystal for the turn? If so, the card isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was. I thought it was a permanent additional mana crystal for each player.

So, if that's the correct mechanic, that means the other player has +1 mana crystal for his following turn?

ViviOggi

Now, GroveTender, the mana crystal you receive is only temporary, correct? It's an additional mana crystal for the turn? If so, the card isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was. I thought it was a permanent additional mana crystal for each player.

So, if that's the correct mechanic, that means the other player has +1 mana crystal for his following turn?

No, when you gain a mana crystal it's permanent across the board. The only distinction is between full and empty ones (i.e. usable immediately or on the following turn), and Grove Tender gives both players a full one.

1337Sauce

Just experienced a crash to desktop. Has this happened to anybody else today? Been having some weird problems with my computer lately, so just want to know if this is another indicator or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom