• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ HEY BLIZZARD, HERE'S A EXTENDED MAINTENANCE FOR YOU( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

There's no way you're beating the Bombs Away Mage: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/118807-bombs-away-super-serious

In the meantime:

http://www.pcgamer.com/reynad-picks-the-10-most-op-new-hearthstone-cards/

"Reynad picks the 10 most OP new Hearthstone cards"

edit:
list - but it is a short article worth reading for the reasoning
10. shieldmaiden
9. Mal'ganis
8. tinkertown technician
7. darkbomb (thought this card had potential)
6. crackle
5. bomb lobber
4. vol'jin
3. muster for battle
2. fel reaver
1. unstable portal

His description for Crackle at #6:

I look forward to uploading a video of me taking 14 damage from two of these and the spell power totem they just rolled.

Ahahahahaha.

In the meantime:

edit:
10. shieldmaiden
9. Mal'ganis
8. tinkertown technician
6. crackle
5. bomb lobber
4. vol'jin
3. muster for battle
2. fel reaver
1. unstable portal

Some of his picks are rather surprising.

What will the first card be you craft?

Mine:
muster for battle

I've been hyped for this card ever since the reveal. This card has so much potential. I've won so many games in the past by just having 1 or 2 recruits stay alive on the board and this is gonna help do that. And the synergy with quartermaster, bomb lobber (maybe the second card I craft), and even the very weapon it provides...

People even underestimate how much the 1/4 weapon is gonna provide. Even if you don't get every swing in, there are just so many times vs aggro where I can clear board if I can just deal 1 damage. Harvest golems, haunted creepers, leper gnomes, you name it with 1 hp, it is suddenly like I am with the rogue hero power that comes along with a 3/3 minion.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Voljin is definitely one of the best new legendaries. My top 3 would be Voljin, Gallywix, and Troggzor.

FeD.nL

I still have an extra regular Rag sitting in my collection, should I just DE it because it's getting more and more unlikely he will be changed on the short term.

I have 1600 dust saved up, no idea on what to craft. Will depend on what I open with money and the rest of my arena packs post release. If I get all the Mech cards I want, I'll probably make my Rogue Mech deck with Vo-7-r0n. If I get Ancester's Call and Vitality Totems, I'll be making my late game Shaman deck.

Dreavus

Kind of odd that he has unstable portal as his number one, and then says right at the end that he's the least sure about it.

It does seem very strong.

I didn't realize people actually wanted to use Shieldmaiden.

It is basically guardian of kings without the downsides. For 1 mana more guardian of kings only heals 1 more and has 1 more hp. But he does nothing but a small-for-cost body when played at full hp. Shieldmaiden always gives 5 armor and that sticks around past alex and synergizes with shield slam.

slayn

I think reynad is overestimating shield maiden a little but it's a solid card for sure.

1. 5 attack is key. Cairne having only 4 attack cripples him against current cards for example. 6 drops have to be able to kill a sludge belcher.
2. The life gain is an immediate and guaranteed effect. You never miss out on the life by just playing it the way you do guardian of kings.

Where shield maiden shines is against fast decks. Stuff like Cairne/Sylvanas can just end up being too slow if your opponent can afford to just ignore them. There are also a lot of times where you lose board control and your shield slams are 'dead' because your opponent keeps knocking down your armor. Shield Block + slam is fine in terms of value, but its not really a comeback combo because you don't establish board at the same time.

You'll see 2 shield maidens in warrior if the meta is fast, and 0 if the meta is super slow.

Dahbomb

In the meantime:

edit:
10. shieldmaiden
9. Mal'ganis
8. tinkertown technician
6. crackle
5. bomb lobber
4. vol'jin
3. muster for battle
2. fel reaver
1. unstable portal
From what I played in Arena I would also add the following cards:

*Floating Watcher. It's the Warlock card that gets +2/+2 when Warlock takes damage on his turn. This looks pretty mediocre on the surface as you have to get damaged on your turn... only it ends up being a 6/6 5 drop 90% of the time with a high potential to be something greater (not uncommon to be 8/8) because of the Warlock's Tap ability. It's a must kill when it hits the board.

*While he said Muster for Battle is a very powerful card... that card actually reaches its max potential due to Quarter Master. I got hit by this combo and lost the whole game because of it... it's ridiculously powerful.

*Light the Naaru is an insane value card and IMO auto include in every Priest deck. The combo with Soulpriestess is ridiculous.

*Fel Cannon is legit in arena. You generally play this card when you know it's going to hit their cards and when it does suddenly this card becomes a must kill on the board.

*Force Tank Max (Mech 7/7 Divine shield 8 cost). In all the games I played this game killed 2 usually 3 minions. This card isn't that good against Mages but against every other class it's a huge fucking nightmare. Just about everyone ran this card in their Arena decks.

*Foe Reaper 4000. If this card gets played and isn't removed you basically win the game. I played a Priest deck with this card and 3 times when I successfully played it this card won me the game (two of the games I was down on board control). The value is absurd, it's BGH immune and it has beefy as fuck health. An auto must kill on the board card.

*Troggzor is hella underrated. If you play this on an empty board, at 6/6 it's very hard for them to stop this card without playing spells which means you already got value out of it.

*Piloted Sky Golem. Absolutely ridiculous value. Even if it takes one card to remove Piloted Sky Golem, you are going to need another card to deal with the 4 drop it summons.

*Bomb Lobber/Madder Bomber are insanely rage inducing cards.

*Warrior Crush card is insane and IMO auto include in every Warrior control deck. Potential Assassinate for 3 mana? Come on now man. This is a card that Warriors desperately needed.

Ashodin

What will the first card be you craft?

Mine:
muster for battle

I've been hyped for this card ever since the reveal. This card has so much potential. I've won so many games in the past by just having 1 or 2 recruits stay alive on the board and this is gonna help do that. And the synergy with quartermaster, bomb lobber (maybe the second card I craft), and even the very weapon it provides...

People even underestimate how much the 1/4 weapon is gonna provide. Even if you don't get every swing in, there are just so many times vs aggro where I can clear board if I can just deal 1 damage. Harvest golems, haunted creepers, leper gnomes, you name it with 1 hp, it is suddenly like I am with the rogue hero power that comes along with a 3/3 minion.
My man. We will muster the paladins for battle!

slayn

*Warrior Crush card is insane and IMO auto include in every Warrior control deck. Potential Assassinate for 3 mana? Come on now man. This is a card that Warriors desperately needed.
I'm a little uncertain about this card. My experience with warrior control is that you very rarely have a creature battle going on. Either you have minions, or the enemy does. And so if your opponent has a minion you have to kill immediately, odds are you have nothing on board.

And so I think you're going to have to pay 7 mana for crush more often than you play it for 3. Maybe an average of 5.5 mana to kill a creature.

I plan to try out 1 bouncing blade + 1 crush and try to get a feel for which is better. My gut tells me bouncing blade will be better.

inky

Recombobulator. Probably the funnest card in the set.

My pick too, it just looks like too much fun to not put it everywhere. For utility purposes Coghammer, but I don't like playing Pally. Don't have enough dust to craft 1 of each, let alone 2 tho.

Might just wait a bit and go along with arena rewards first before crafting anything.

Volimar

Hearthstone ‏@PlayHearthstone 4m4 minutes ago

Maintenance has been extended. We expect maintenance to conclude by 1:00 PM PST. Thanks for your patience!

7Yq0UzX.gif

Dreavus

Arena entry. You get 1 guaranteed pack per run.
3 wins and you likely make back that 50 gold extra.
More wins and you likely make more gold.

No arguments there! I was referring to actually buying some packs for real money like a chump, that way I can hold on to gold for arena runs.

Mirimar

Voljin is definitely one of the best new legendaries. My top 3 would be Voljin, Gallywix, and Troggzor.

For Troggzor, what is it's interaction with AOE? I'm pretty sure it summons before the spell hits, like how the attack buff is given on that other troll before the spell hits.

So, if that anti-spell troll is summoned before the spell hits, say it's Blizzard, will it gain the buff as well and get hit?

Frenden

Banned
Yup. I never posted here and the hype for new cards made me do it. lol
There's always a first time : )

I used to post a fair bit before Naxx-ish. But Naxx didn't shake up the meta enough for me, so I lost interest. I'm hoping the new cards lead to a lot of new, weird decks.

I used to post a fair bit before Naxx-ish. But Naxx didn't shake up the meta enough for me, so I lost interest. I'm hoping the new cards lead to a lot of new, weird decks.

I have similar feelings, but I only slowed my play around the time WoD came out. At the very least, this expansion will make arena more varied for a long time.

Azusa

Added some players from EU. Azusa #1343

I started to play this game again after they announced GvG. Finally new cards.

slayn

For Troggzor, what is it's interaction with AOE? I'm pretty sure it summons before the spell hits, like how the attack buff is given on that other troll before the spell hits.

So, if that anti-spell troll is summoned before the spell hits, say it's Blizzard, will it gain the buff as well and get hit?
I thought I saw clarification that the summoned guy does not get buffed. Meaning it doesn't operate like violet teacher, meaning maybe it doesn't get hit by AoE? But really I have no idea. Just have to test him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom