• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
43 packs opened and no legendary.
Kinda depressing in a way. So many duplicates...

I'll still do my dailies, but don't feel like playing much anymore. ;.;

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
43 packs opened and no legendary.
Kinda depressing in a way. So many duplicates...

I'll still do my dailies, but don't feel like playing much anymore. ;.;

as someone who has invested heavily in multiple CCGs over the last 20 years...

that's how it goes. then you open another 30 packs and get one.. then you open another 10 and get like 4.

I realize it's not a consolation. But yeah.. when I get a new game/expansion.. I pretty much plan to buy ratio of average rarity times as many cards as I need to complete common and uncommon runs guaranteed.. then use the rest (rares and such) as gravy.

inky

Jesus Christ in 4 packs I've got:

2x Annoy-o-tron
2x Tallstrider
2x Clockwork Gnome
2x Seal of Light
2x Target Dummy
2x Cogmaster

That's 12 cards out of 20 that have come in pairs. Seriously, wtf. I know that technically there aren't that many common cards (dummy is rare) but that's a bit too much for my first 4 packs.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jesus Christ in 4 packs I've got:

2x Annoy-o-tron
2x Tallstrider
2x Clockwork Gnome
2x Seal of Light
2x Target Dummy
2x Cogmaster

That's 12 cards out of 20 that have come in pairs. Seriously, wtf. I know that technically there aren't that many common cards (dummy is even rare) but that's a bit too much.

I got 6 of those 1/6 dudes out of 30 packs.

Mirimar

Ran into a stall secrets mage deck running Ice Block, Moltens, Enhanco Mechano, amongst other things. He also stuck in Flame Leviathan, probably for shits and giggles, but it does synergize with a deck looking to get low in life, lay down 2 moltens for free, 3 other mid cost minions, and Enhanco for a wombo combo.

Haly

I don't know why people were down on Flame Leviathan.

Free consecrate for Freeze Mage is lulz.

Raxus

Difference being you know when you are consecrating and it doesn't effect your own minions. Also, you can kill yourself Ice Block or not.

Card is shit.

Haly

Difference being you know when you are consecrating and it doesn't effect your own minions.

Card is shit.

What minions? It's Freeze mage, so you might hit your own Acolyte/Mad Scientist/Loot Hoarder. OH NO!!!

I've already gotten 5 of those demon watchers... and every draft is pretty shitty low curve while everyone I play is a mage with flamestrike.

edit:
Low curve with 0 card draw... its awesome.

Gotchaye

Something I didn't really think through beforehand is that the prevalence of Spare Parts makes Counterspell a lot less useful.

Rockk

Huh? Why? Rogue looks mech viable... plus gallywix is badass.

Well, you autolose to zoo and hunter.(well not really but it's like 7-3) This was always the case even before GvG. You will run out of cards way before zoo and Hunter can just steady shot you down since you're using your weapon to hit things. And if any control deck can survive the initial 3-4 turns then they've pretty much won. (assuming you dont get sap, sap backstab in your starting hand)

I thought Jeeves was the missing link for rogue since they often run out of cards. Unforunately, spending your turn 4 playing a 1/4 is way worse then I would have thought and having so many spare parts makes it even worse. So much so that I think Jeeves is a bad card. I think coldlight is better.

Rogue's my favorite class and since miracle is even worse now there's not much hope. I would be hard pressed to say tempo aggro is favored in any matchups. Maybe Druid.

But hey, on the brightside I found a gold Piloted Sky Golem.

Mirimar

What minions? It's Freeze mage, so you might hit your own Acolyte/Mad Scientist/Loot Hoarder. OH NO!!!

Exactly, and if they're running Moltens, life doesn't matter. I'm expecting to see a freeze mage deck running a Flame Leviathan. It can work on some level against Aggro zerg and you get unexpected board clears. Stalls for more time.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

but it's not free. it's vanilla stats with a 2 damage to EVERYTHING (where consecrate is just enemies)

It might have it's place.. but nowhere near as brain dead as your comment would seem to make it. wiping your taunts and dealing yourself 2 damage for a vanilla 7/7 is very conditional.

edit - oh, freeze.. still.. it will wipe most health values that are played in freeze mage.. all to get a vanilla 7/7 down. I actually don't think freeze mage is a good place for this just because it's not worth giving up card spot for it's conditional nature.

You know how you get the legendary pirate/murloc for collecting all the murloc and pirate cards? Does that now include the GvG pirates and murlocs, or does it still apply only to the base set?

Haly

LMAAAAAAAAAAAO

iT9e1zdp8KVx9.png

Oh my god that was insane. And the icing on top is, his ogre attacked Doomsayer.

When someone is finally able to get into Battle Net, could you let us all know?

I guess I should really go do some homework instead of trying to continually click connect over and over again.

Haly

I'm logged into both Hearthstone and WoW.

Well, you autolose to zoo and hunter.(well not really but it's like 7-3) This was always the case even before GvG. You will run out of cards way before zoo and Hunter can just steady shot you down since you're using your weapon to hit things. And if any control deck can survive the initial 3-4 turns then they've pretty much won. (assuming you dont get sap, sap backstab in your starting hand)

I thought Jeeves was the missing link for rogue since they often run out of cards. Unforunately, spending your turn 4 playing a 1/4 is way worse then I would have thought and having so many spare parts makes it even worse. So much so that I think Jeeves is a bad card. I think coldlight is better.

Rogue's my favorite class and since miracle is even worse now there's not much hope. I would be hard pressed to say tempo aggro is favored in any matchups. Maybe Druid.

But hey, on the brightside I found a gold Piloted Sky Golem.

You've never played tempo or midrange rogue have you? They dominate hunter and zoo.

CRS

I was able to log in like an hour/hour and a half ago. Had no problems.

I even Force Quit Battle.net and restarted to make sure I got any updates.

PSA: In your collection tab you can search for GvG and it will show only the expansion cards you have.

Can't you also do this through the Sets button?

Haly

Arena Draft - Ysera, Black Knight, Al'Akir

Why can't I have this luck with real packs? It's a terrible deck though. The curve is all out of whack.

So I cave and go mage... 0 flamestrikes... and getting shat on even with a decent deck. Today is just not my day for arena. I am barely hitting 3 wins in the last 3 runs. Opp,s I mean, not hitting 3 wins in the last 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom