• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
my Mac says <1m (it's been about 5), my iPad says ~6m (it's been about 4).

uggh. The 40 packs I bought show up on iTunes.. so they better be in game when I login.

edit - iPad just jumped to 8m.... ugh.

keuja

Yep Arena seems to get more difficult. It's like only gosus play arena anymore. Doesn't help when you play on US servers during their nigh time... Only veterans play at this time.

Arena is hard as fuck atm. I have never done this poorly in arena, draft after draft.

Same for me, used to able to consistently get at least 6-8 wins. Now I'm lucky if I get 5. Did about 5 arena over the weekend and was just not getting any class cards hardly in my drafts.

Although I'm rocking a really nice mage draft atm that I have hope in.

yay, I broke past 3 wins finally after like 3 really bad drafts.

Same for me, used to able to consistently get at least 6-8 wins. Now I'm lucky if I get 5. Did about 5 arena over the weekend and was just not getting any class cards hardly in my drafts.

My experience is they'll bait me with good 2-3 drops, then give me all bad 5-7 drops or very few even playable ones that I end up with like 1 maybe 2 minions above 6 cost. Then I don't get any card draw either so I'm fucked. But I focused on card draw this time a bit more... got a jeeves as an emergency.

egruntz

shelaughz
D4jPjry.pngp

Aaaaaaand here's my Hunter deck that I practically spent $150 on lmao.
I'll let you know how it runs in constructed. Any suggestions?

egruntz

shelaughz
Can confirm that "Feign Death" does not ignore silences. So if your minion is silenced, it's like they never had a deathrattle to begin with, rather than that deathrattle just being nullified upon their death.

Won 2 in a row with my trusty ol' zoolock deck which I haven't updated since Naxx came out. I did get 3 packs of Gnome cards, but haven't used them to re-build my decks. I did get a pair of Lost Tallstriders (5/4 for 4 mana), which seems decent. They're basically inverted Yetis. Anyone use them?

Can confirm that "Feign Death" does not ignore silences. So if your minion is silenced, it's like they never had a deathrattle to begin with, rather than that deathrattle just being nullified upon their death.

It would be very weird if it triggered deathrattles on silenced minions tbh.

But I wonder if it triggers on spell given deathrattles like soul of the forest. My guess is yes.

Won 2 in a row with my trusty ol' zoolock deck which I haven't updated since Naxx came out. I did get 3 packs of Gnome cards, but haven't used them to re-build my decks. I did get a pair of Lost Tallstriders (5/4 for 4 mana), which seems decent. They're basically inverted Yetis. Anyone use them?

They basically are meant for hunters I guess... maybe druids for druid of the fang. 5/4 is not meritless. It is actually a stronger top deck later game than a yeti is imo since it will more likely trade up in mana cost. But yeti more likely trades better against lower cost minions.

inky

12-2 baby.

Deck:

ThdHoHf.png

Deathwing MVP. I baited them so hard to dump their hands and it paid off everytime. Once I went down to 5 hp doing it. No regrets.

Rewards:

NoR7lNt.png

Sweet. I didn't own him yet. OBLIVION!!!

Stupid RNG in one of my losses:

4RgO1re.png

Not only did he get taunt totem 5 times in a row with no other totem on board, the last time he also got heal totem after that when I had a 1 dmg weapon and 1 dmg on the totem itself, which would've allowed me to regain a bit of board control. I had to add him after that to complain.

Isn't it FUN

I even had scarlet purifier... did shit... it killed some small deathrattles and made no impact on the undertaker because of UTH and hunters mark. Then I get the pleasure to play him again and he gets lucky enough to get the beast off webspinner and plays it after I clear board with equality... shit, even the first match he also got malorne off webspinner clearly...

I love the new hunter card king of beasts. It gives me a nice and simple target to black knight.

Also, I fit blessing of kings into my paladin deck. I am loving it. I can push for lethal! Before it was difficult to have a target for it consistently. Now I have muster for battle and the minibot with the divine shield. I am only running 1 atm though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wish King of Beasts didn't have Taunt, honestly.

I'd much rather hide him behind other taunts than dare people to ram into something I grew so carefully. At least, in Arena.

Ashodin

I love the new hunter card king of beasts. It gives me a nice and simple target to black knight.

Also, I fit blessing of kings into my paladin deck. I am loving it. I can push for lethal! Before it was difficult to have a target for it consistently. Now I have muster for battle and the minibot with the divine shield. I am only running 1 atm though.

Yeah I think one BOK is good enough.

Also Hobgoblin is yum yum even if it doesn't work on summoned tokens.

ACE 1991

So is anyone else finding it impossible to login? Battle.net refuses go online for me. I hope Blizzard extends the 3 free card packs until tomorrow. that will be total bullshit if I don't get them just because I can't login.

So is anyone else finding it impossible to login? Battle.net refuses go online for me. I hope Blizzard extends the 3 free card packs until tomorrow. that will be total bullshit if I don't get them just because I can't login.

It's been like this for hours now. Those that are in can stay in, but if you log out or are disconnected, you can't get back in. Those that are in can't buy packs because the shop is closed.

embalm

I can play ranked, but can't play arena.

Arena was tough tonight. I went 0-3 twice in a row before I locked in 8 wins with a Mage loaded with board clears. Love the firestorm.

ACE 1991

It's been like this for hours now. Those that are in can stay in, but if you log out or are disconnected, you can't get back in. Those that are in can't buy packs because the shop is closed.

okay, thanks. I imagine they will extend the free packs until tomorrow.

The average arena deck is probably generally worse than before gvg. Less powerful class commons, especially board clears like flamestrike and holy nova, gives an even greater emphasis to tempo and board control in arena.

With the influx of cards I have only really had one or two drafts out of 15 or so that I'd consider "great" drafts and they were on crappy arena classes.

I think drafting a control deck is a bit riskier now, and I also think the value of 1 drops has increased SIGNIFICANTLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom